Nates size played a huge role in his success against Conor.

So Conor got a taste of his own medicine. There was a much bigger size difference in Conor vs Alvarez and pretty much all his previous fights.

He fought Nate at 170, which is a more advantageous weight class for Nate. If they fight at 155 it will be a fully healthy Conor vs a drained Nate. Colin would eat N8 alive if they fight at 155.

Nate's best performances have been at 155

Cerrone
Johnson
Miller
Guillard

He whooped Davis at 170 but other than that he never really looked like much of a killer at that weight class. I really don't think the fight being at 170 had much to do with Nate's success, he's just a hard guy to finish and Conor couldn't finish him.

Crying about size is the most pathetic excuse for losing ever, especially after talking loads of shit about how size doesn't matter. Conor fangirls that ignore this are revealing how much they enjoy sucking his dick.

JCVD_Nick_Nate_Diaz_Feature1-1.jpg

Nate is at least 6'5" 330-350 lbs here

Yeah, and he mostly wins because he has a size advantage over his opponents.

Works both ways.

95% of Nate's career has been at 155, and Conor's future is at 155. Nate is not a world beater at 155, so Conor better figure out how to fight "giants" like Nate, or he needs to drop his ass back down to 145.
If nate was at 155 instead of 170 he would have been lower on the body mass scale. He probably walks in at 170 or so when at 155 and probably walks in somewhere around 190 when at 170. It makes a difference.

He fought Nate at 170, which is a more advantageous weight class for Nate. If they fight at 155 it will be a fully healthy Conor vs a drained Nate. Colin would eat N8 alive if they fight at 155.
If nate was at 155 instead of 170 he would have been lower on the body mass scale. He probably walks in at 170 or so when at 155 and probably walks in somewhere around 190 when at 170. It makes a difference.
Nate fights damn near every fight at 155, to think he would be at some disadvantage is really reaching. Conor isn't a small 155, and Nate isn't a huge 155. It is the weight class that they both should be fighting at.

Nate fights damn near every fight at 155, to think he would be at some disadvantage is really reaching. Conor isn't a small 155, and Nate isn't a huge 155. It is the weight class that they both should be fighting at.
I agree but nate wouldn't be as big if they fought at 155 and their size would be closer.

I agree but nate wouldn't be as big if they fought at 155 and their size would be closer.
Conor has put on a lot of muscle, Nate has very little muscle. The weight cut is probably easier for Nate than it is for Conor at this point.

Nate though Conor a valuable lesson . There are levels and before the first Nate fight Conor felt he could run through everyone with ease right up to 170 , but that is not the case .

Nate is a much bigger man than Conor and fighting him at 170 was a mistake the first time especially considering just a few months before he was down fighting at 145 .

But more than the weight I feel it was Nates reach that caused Conor the most issues , Nate is so long that it was hard for Conor to land clean along with his amazing chin and in hindsight you have to wonder why Conor gave Nate such a head start on all fronts .

Nate fought at welterweight before USADA and I don't think he was ever really in any danger on the feet and Conor toyed with him there and lit him up with strikes early . It's not impossible to think those strikes would have finished a lot of welterweights who would not have a chin like Nates and who also would be shorter coming forward onto those strikes .. Conor is probably the only figgrler in the ufc that could have a chance to win belts in 3 divisions

Your boyfriend said he can beat welterweights so why are you making excuses about size?

Conor has put on a lot of muscle, Nate has very little muscle. The weight cut is probably easier for Nate than it is for Conor at this point.
Maybe but my point was at 170 the difference is bigger in size then it would be at 155. I think conor would beat nate easier at 155.

Maybe but my point was at 170 the difference is bigger in size then it would be at 155. I think conor would beat nate easier at 155.
well obviously Khabib and Ferg should take a seat, and Conor/Nate at 155 is the fight to make. Book it Ari.

But Nate at 170 looked like Conor at 155. Lean and without extra muscle to burden him. Conor looked heavy in the 170 fight. He moved heavy, he was slower than usual, and he gassed quickly.

At 155 Conor is much more lean, fast, explosive, and fluid than he looks at 170 and even 145. 155 lbs is Conor's optimal weight. He has the best gas tank at that weight. Nate drains hismelf to make 155 and wouldnt be possible without his superior athleticism and triathlon shit. Nate is one natural weight class bigger than Conor and it is what it is.

To overlook this factor is to be biased against Conor. Dude is a hero for gritting through the second Nate fight.

Last edited:
Back