Nate's last opponent was a quick southpaw boxer who is bigger than McGregor

McG is a 'boxer' sure, but look out for those front kicks too. Accumulate and steal the air from Diaz. Hope not though.

Johnson was actually a wrestler who learned to strike, but did a good job of it. I dont think hes on McGregors level strikingwise. Plus McGregos a better counterstriker.

McG is a 'boxer' sure, but look out for those front kicks too. Accumulate and steal the air from Diaz. Hope not though.
i hope he doesn't make diaz gas with body shots cuz people are gonna say he gassed because of short notice

comparing a wrestler who thinks he can box with a guy who grew up boxing and striking lolwut

Conor throws straight, hard and precise punches. Johnson in his fight against Nate, pretty much only threw wide looping haymakers. Apart from both guys being southpaws,i don't see any real similarities between the two.

Johnson and Mcgregor aren't even remotely close to being similar strikers

Both southpaws who primarily use their hands, and knock a lot of guys down with left-straights. They are kinda similar. I'm still rooting for McGregor obviously

Funny thing TS, had you seen these boards in the lead up to Nate vs MJ, folks were saying the exact same things that they are for this fight - That Nate wasn't even on the same level as MJ, he was going to get lit up on the feet, etc.etc...

That being said, we can't expect that SAME Nate to show up here, on a 3 day camp.

Best we can really hope for is for him to make it a dogfight, for as long as he can hang.

As everyone else is sayin, MJ and Conor are nothing alike in the stand-up department. But Nate is still a dangerous opponent even though Conor is the favourite. If Nate can keep Conor at the end of his punches then it'll get real interesting

definitely pulling for McGregor...but i have a feeling we may see the best Nate we've seen ....kinda like when Jordan dropped 63 when he had the flu...show up and fight is right down Nates ally.

Also dumb conor mcnuthuggers need to realize that bringing Nate's name down would just make McHaters discredit Conor more if he beats Nate, like they have done with all his past opponents.

Johnson stood in front of him eating one-two combos over and over and over and over and over.......................Conor isn't going to do that.

^This! It was like Johnsons brain actually fell out of his head. Nate was tagging him with the same punch time and time again. Maybe a bit of lateral movement against the longer fighter who continually throws straights..?

i hope he doesn't make diaz gas with body shots cuz people are gonna say he gassed because of short notice
Of course he will gas from short notice, it just depends upon the degree. Professionals don't put in long training camps because they have nothing better to do.

Curious...no love for your countryman or do you just like the Diaz bros better?

I stumbled across a highlight video of the Diaz brothers on youtube about 2 years ago or so which got me into the sport. They are my favourite fighters and I wont root against them haha. Conor is a good fighter no doubt but I just cant stand him.

A 3 day camp = no camp in terms of strength and cardio. Conor will be peaked for this fight. It being 5 rounds favors Conor in a huge way

Conor has that nasty spinning back kick that wasn't a factor with Johnson.

A 3 day camp = no camp in terms of strength and cardio. Conor will be peaked for this fight. It being 5 rounds favors Conor in a huge way
This is a huge factor and that some are trying to deny it is quite revealing.

Johnson is faster and more athletic than Conor
200.gif

Back