Nate vs Tony Ferg

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BowserJr, Feb 4, 2020.

1. BowserJr Black Belt

Similar cardio, both good on ground and feet. Tony is a more dynamic striker, Nate might have a better chin

Who wins and how?

I don't like either. I have Tony via cut in the 3rd

2. Mr Warmth Don Rickles Banned

This fight should have been for the BMF or the craziest MF belt

3. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

It would be a hell of a fight. Nate-Tony and Nick-Jorge on the same card...if only Dana could pull his head out of his ass and pay for greatness.

4. TripTictonic Brown Belt

This has been debated time and again on this forum. If you watched Nate vs Tony, you’d see the difference between one of the best LWs of all time and one of the perennial gatekeepers of the division. Nate is entertaining and tough, but he’s been one of the more consistently overrated fighters in the UFC over the past few years.

5. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

It's just not as competitive as some people think it would be.

First of all, IF Nate has a better chin, that's made up for and then some by the fact that Tony recovers better. One has been finished by strikes, the other hasn't.

And in this fight, how much would that matter? Nate is purely volume, doesn't throw with power at all. Guys get tired dealing with his volume, sure, but obviously that's not gonna happen with Tony. And when Tony lands, he's busting up EVERYONE badly. His shots are turning guys faces to hamburger.

Nate has better boxing and defense but still gets hit, and yeah I think it's pretty much a guarantee he'd be a horrible, bloody mess about 2 minutes into this fight. He has more scar tissue than maybe anyone I've ever seen in the sport. And Tony slices up everyone. Your prediction of cuts ending it is probably accurate, but round 3 might be generous.

6. Reaper_mma_MKII Orange Belt

Yeah, I'd say it's gets stopped at the end of the first in between rounds or sometime during the second round.

7. Huligani Number One Bullshit

Ferguson via stoppage due to a cut

8. BowserJr Black Belt

Nate peppers guys till they wilt and yeah I don't see that happening to Tony

However Tony gets hit way more than Nate and Tony's punches aren't what cuts guys it his elbows which I could see landing if it hits the ground.

9. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Actually, it's not just his elbows cutting guys. His jab is actually the biggest key to why guys faces look like that. Watch his last 6-7 fights and how he hits guys with that stiff jab. He's actually talked about it, that it's become the biggest difference in his striking over the last few years. He also has giant hands for a LW. I'm sure that is another reason why that jab is busting people up so badly. He also has the second longest reach (by half an inch) at LW. So he's throwing these hard jabs with this long reach and huge hands...yeah...Nate would look like something from a horror movie about 2 minutes into the fight most likely.

10. MadHouse Red Belt

Nate gets cut up real easy, Tony's hands are like razor blades
    if these 2 were to fight i don't see how it doesn't end in Tony via bloodbath

11. Gambit MMA Silver Belt

Nate got slaughtered by Jorge

Tony is out of his league also

12. The XL Red Belt

Tony would beat his ass

13. One MMA Fan #1

A guy full of scar tissue that cuts easy vs a guy that cuts a lot of opponents up.. yea the doctor will stop it when he sees that much blood.

14. Bowel-forged Stool Manlet belt Platinum Member

Tony by doc stoppage

15. Adamant GOLD BELT

Most likely it's 3-5 rounds of Nate getting killed.

16. Ald0 Brown Belt

Tony would cut up nate pretty badly

17. stipeszn Green Belt

Hard disagree that Nate's cardio is as good as Tony's. It's obviously very good, but Nate has zero wins past the 3rd round. Don't know why people just seem to agree that he has super human cardio