Nate vs Pettis should be the main event

So?

Ufc 200 was originally suppose to be Conor vs Diaz 2.

Then it got changed to Cormier vs jones 2 n then

The main event became Nunes vs Tate with Cormier vs Anderson Silva being a mid card fight.

And your point is? How do any of those examples show a non-title fight main-eventing over a title fight on the same card?

The one time it happened was Conor vs Diaz maining over Tate vs Holm, but Conor was originally scheduled to be in a title fight. Keep up.

And your point is? How do any of those examples show a non-title fight main-eventing over a title fight on the same card?

The one time it happened was Conor vs Diaz maining over Tate vs Holm, but Conor was originally scheduled to be in a title fight. Keep up.

Again original main event for ufc 200 was suppose to be Conor vs Nate... Not a title fight.

Then when that fight didn’t materialize the main event became Cormier vs jones 2 for lhw title.

Following your logic Cormier should’ve been kept as main event just like Conor vs Nate 1 was kept as main event even if it was no longer a title fight.

Paulo Costa vs. Yoel Romero is the real main event of UFC 241.

I am looking forward to it more than DC/Stipe and just about as much as Diaz/Pettis, I'm a little surprised it hasn't gotten more love on here. It will for sure be an exciting fight.

Again original main event for ufc 200 was suppose to be Conor vs Nate... Not a title fight.

Then when that fight didn’t materialize the main event became Cormier vs jones 2 for lhw title.

Following your logic Cormier should’ve been kept as main event just like Conor vs Nate 1 was kept as main event even if it was no longer a title fight.

I don't know what you are talking about. Main event at UFC 200 was a title fight between Nunes and Tate. My logic is that non-title fights do not main event over title fights on the same card, except the one time Conor's title fight with Dos Anjos fell through, they kept Conor as main vs Diaz instead of moving the title fight between Holm and Tate up to main. Go back and read what I posted.

If there is another example besides this one exception of a non-title fight main-eventing over a title fight on the same card, then I would like to know when that happened.

Also @grimballer If you are implying that DC vs Jones was originally the co-main for 200, that was not the case. That fight was not added to the card until Conor vs Nate fell through. There was never a scheduled card that had both the Conor vs Nate and DC vs Jones 2 fights on it.

They are pulling in more numbers than the actual main event.nobody wanted to see the DC Stipe rematch other than the people that say Stipe got eye poked and Stipe acting like a baby losing which ultimately got him the fight.the fight is likely going to be another quick 1st round ko or a domination by dc. Meanwhile Pettis vs Diaz is likely to be fotn even foty.
Well, I'm not part of the DC-Stipe-eyepoke whiners club, and I do want to see that rematch.

Also, HW Title fight will always be a main event, especially over a non-title WW fight between 2 unraked fighters.

Don't get me wrong--I'm most excited about the Nate-Showtime fight, but there is no question that it should not be the main event over the HW title fight.

I don't know what you are talking about. Main event at UFC 200 was a title fight between Nunes and Tate. My logic is that non-title fights do not main event over title fights on the same card, except the one time Conor's title fight with Dos Anjos fell through, they kept Conor as main vs Diaz instead of moving the title fight between Holm and Tate up to main. Go back and read what I posted.

If there is another example besides this one exception of a non-title fight main-eventing over a title fight on the same card, then I would like to know when that happened.

Again the main event at 200 was suppose to be Conor vs Diaz 2 (non title fight)

You really think there wasn’t gonna be a title fight at 200?

Then using your own logic dc vs Silva should’ve been kept as main event at 200 as dc vs jones was suppose to be the main event, similar to how Conor vs Diaz 1 was the main event when Conor vs rda fell through.

Now there are few examples of interim titles main eventing over title fights

Ferguson vs lee over Johnson vs borg

Jones vs Gus over Nunes vs cyborg

Khabib vs al over rose vs Johanna

Jones vs osp over Johnson vs cejudo

Conor vs Mendes over Lawler be Rory

Again the main event at 200 was suppose to be Conor vs Diaz 2 (non title fight)

You really think there wasn’t gonna be a title fight at 200?

Again, of course there are non-title main events. Yes, I really think there wasn't going to be a title fight, because there wasn't one scheduled until after the Conor vs Diaz 2 fight fell through. It is a matter of fact that you can look up.

Then using your own logic dc vs Silva should’ve been kept as main event at 200 as dc vs jones was suppose to be the main event, similar to how Conor vs Diaz 1 was the main event when Conor vs rda fell through.

This has nothing to do with a non-title fight main eventing over a title fight. Also, DC vs Silva was never announced as a main event....

The Conor Diaz 1 fight is the EXCEPTION not my "logic." I am saying the exact opposite: Non-title fights do not main event over title fights when there is a title fight on the card.

Now there are few examples of interim titles main eventing over title fights

Ferguson vs lee over Johnson vs borg

Jones vs Gus over Nunes vs cyborg

Khabib vs al over rose vs Johanna

Jones vs osp over Johnson vs cejudo

Conor vs Mendes over Lawler be Rory

An interim title fight is a title fight lol. I am waiting for an example of a NON-TITLE FIGHT maining over a title fight on the same card.

Again, of course there are non-title main events. Yes, I really think there wasn't going to be a title fight, because there wasn't one scheduled until after the Conor vs Diaz 2 fight fell through. It is a matter of fact that you can look up.

So ufc 200 wouldn’t have any title fights?

Doubt that...

This has nothing to do with a non-title fight main eventing over a title fight. Also, DC vs Silva was never announced as a main event....

So? It was exactly the same as ufc 196.

The main event fell through n one of the main event guys got a replacement opponent.

It non title fight can’t main event over title fight, then Conor vs Nate should’ve been pushed to co main. That didn’t happen.

The Conor Diaz 1 fight is the EXCEPTION not my "logic." I am saying the exact opposite: Non-title fights do not main event over title fights when there is a title fight on the card.

In other words the drawing power of McGregor > title fight

Here we have a similar thing

Where co main has 3 times more views than main event. Ppl I general are more interested in Pettis vs Nate fight than dc vs stipe regardless what’s on the line.

An interim title fight is a title fight lol. I am waiting for an example of a NON-TITLE FIGHT maining over a title fight on the same card.

Oh, so ufc marketing plot of increasing ppv sales by adding a “interim title” is still a “title fight”?

K...

This fight just happens to sell by itself n doesn’t need “interim title” on the line.

N let’s not act like ufc doesn’t give gift title fights or “interim titles” left n right.

Btw if you’re still waiting for an answer to your gotcha question:

Ufc 21

Main event

Maurice smith vs Marco Ruas

Co main

Pat miletich vs pederneias

So ufc 200 wouldn’t have any title fights?

Doubt that...

So? It was exactly the same as ufc 196.

The main event fell through n one of the main event guys got a replacement opponent.

It non title fight can’t main event over title fight, then Conor vs Nate should’ve been pushed to co main. That didn’t happen.

In other words the drawing power of McGregor > title fight

Here we have a similar thing

Where co main has 3 times more views than main event. Ppl I general are more interested in Pettis vs Nate fight than dc vs stipe regardless what’s on the line.

Oh, so ufc marketing plot of increasing ppv sales by adding a “interim title” is still a “title fight”?

K...

This fight just happens to sell by itself n doesn’t need “interim title” on the line.

N let’s not act like ufc doesn’t give gift title fights or “interim titles” left n right.

Btw if you’re still waiting for an answer to your gotcha question:

Ufc 21

Main event

Maurice smith vs Marco Ruas

Co main

Pat miletich vs pederneias

never-argue-with-stupid-people-mark-twain.jpg

You’re saying stipe is acting like a baby and sitting out for a year? Have you ever heard of Nate Diaz? Been sitting out for 3 years and has never legitimately lost a fight, just ask him.

Back