Nate Marquardt willing to fight GSP to unify belts?

since GSP has the only title that matters at WW.

I'm not arguing that the SF title is important but it is still considered a world title, and champion vs champion is ALWAYS a big deal. Stop being obtuse.

I think Hendo gave Rampage his PRIDE belt. Maybe last year, there was a youngster on Sherdog who plays internet video games with Rampage and I think he was at Rampage's house and took pics of the belts on his mantle.

Zuffa had one made for him if I recall correctly. Dan still has his.

I'd like to see how GSP would deal w/Nate's combos, but don't remember Nate doing combos vs. Sonnen or Okami.

nobody outside forums cares about that shit. champion vs champion sells.

To rubes who fall for gimmicks and marketing ploys.... Sorry if I don't piss myself over the idea of the "epic" confrontation of the WW GOAT vs a guy who has 1 fight at WW that won him a vacated title.

I'd like to see how GSP would deal w/Nate's combos, but don't remember Nate doing combos vs. Sonnen or Okami.

He was taken down w/ ease by Okami & Sonnen so just image what GSP would do to him.

it does surpise me that Nate would want to fight GSP though. I mean who at 170 wants to do that??? Shocker.

To rubes who fall for gimmicks and marketing ploys.... Sorry if I don't piss myself over the idea of the "epic" confrontation of the WW GOAT vs a guy who has 1 fight at WW that won him a vacated title.

Bull fucking shit. Writing people off who disagree with you, especially when most people disagree with you, makes YOU the rube.

yeah i bet he wants a title shot, big pay day for him, he shouldnt even be in SF never mind the UFC!

Really? Since when is unifying titles 'no biggie'?

Maybe since Diaz vacated the fake gold Strikefarce belt and then got defeated by Condit in the UFC (and even for those who thought Condit won, Nick is now facing Georges). So, who really believes Nate is a champ?

He's carrying the fake gold Strikefarce belt that Nick threw in the trash.

Maybe since Diaz vacated the fake gold Strikefarce belt and then got defeated by Condit in the UFC (and even for those who thought Condit won, Nick is now facing Georges). So, who really believes Nate is a champ?

He's carrying the fake gold Strikefarce belt that Nick threw in the trash.

What a stupid POV. I agree that the SF championship is nothing but a novelty but it is still considered a world title. Do you know what the words "disputed" and "undisputed" mean?

Bull fucking shit. Writing people off who disagree with you, especially when most people disagree with you, makes YOU the rube.

By most people, you mean...you? I don't seem to be the only person here who doesn't seem to really give a shit. Nice try though. Fact remains he has 1 SF win for a vacated belt. It's not exactly a dream fight, and not exactly like that title means shit. You can get your dick hard because they slap "champion vs champion" on something. Me, I'll stick with thinking Nate needs a few wins at WW before he deserves a shot.

By most people, you mean...you? I don't seem to be the only person here who doesn't seem to really give a shit. Nice try though. Fact remains he has 1 SF win for a vacated belt. It's not exactly a dream fight, and not exactly like that title means shit. You can get your dick hard because they slap "champion vs champion" on something. Me, I'll stick with thinking Nate needs a few wins at WW before he deserves a shot.

Nah, by most people I mean most people. Champion vs champion has historically always sold well. You're in the minority here sugar.

What a stupid POV. I agree that the SF championship is nothing but a novelty but it is still considered a world title. Do you know what the words "disputed" and "undisputed" mean?

So you agree it is a novelty, but still think "champ vs champ" means something? W...T...F.....:eek:

I want to see GSP vs. Nate Marquardt:

1. To see how GSP deals with a different opponent who has shown to be very dangerous to other guys like Woodley, Kampmann, Wilson Gouveia

2. To see how these two frequent close training partners would fight each other

3. I'd rather UFC not risk Nate losing to someone else at WW and risking not having this bout happen

4. To see how GSP could handle a guy who was a huge muscleman on a muscle magazine cover who looked like a LHW rather than a MW at the time

Nah, by most people I mean most people. Champion vs champion has historically always sold well. You're in the minority here sugar.

Think you're actually in the minority on this. Most people are excited to see Nate back in the UFC, and against some contenders at WW. But fighting for the belt is stupid, we got enough log jam in the UFC WW division.

Back