Nate Marquardt UFC titleshot?

LUDELOW

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If Nate wins his next fight and SF gets folded, will he get a shot at GSP?
and will Hendricks go ballistic?:icon_twis

I don't think Nate and GSP would fight each other?

i do

nate smoked kampman and maia at 185 and theyre "in the mix". he smoked woodley so it will be interesting to see how he deals with the ufc ww wrestlers

It was GSP who convinced Nate to move down, i vaguely remember Nate saying they'd fight if it was for the title.

Anyway, Nate has a wife and kids, he's not turning down title shots against anyone. His manager, wife and common sense won't let him.

Nate would get run over by GSP
but I'd pay to see him spam flying knees, throw huge elbows off his back and dive on guillotines for 25 minutes against Georges

i think the fight will be great for marketing, Nate is well known, at least way more than Hendricks.

how great was that finish on woodley. always liked nate.

nate is criminally underrated on here. the way he took out woodley after being out for so long and considering how highly rated woodley was was just incredible.

id love to see GSP v Marclar

how great was that finish on woodley. always liked nate.

What did you like most about him, the cheap shots on Renzo or the positive steroid test? He's enjoyable to watch but I could never say I liked him.

Nate Marquardt is fantastic. I think he would have a good chance at dethroning GSP.

I'd love all the strikeforce champions get shots or at least no.1 contender fights

Id love to see marquardt vs anyone in the top 5 he matches up well with anyone
Would be a crime if ufc didnt sign him due to that tue stuff

If Nate wins his next fight and SF gets folded, will he get a shot at GSP?
and will Hendricks go ballistic?:icon_twis

Why would Hendricks care. Its not like he will get past the Juggernaut. :icon_lol:

Should Hendricks get past Ellenberger I can see him fighting for belt. Nate should get at least one tune up fight. Just my opinion

People think that Nate is a total world beater because of his great finish vs Woodley, lol...yeah, it was awesome, and Nate is very good, but arent we forgetting that BEFORE the finish it was a back and forth battle with Woodley and that Nate was tagged on the feet several times by Woodley...GSP would wreck him, and Nate's usually good and diversified striking would be crippled a lot by the fear of the TD

I think what happens is GSP beats Diaz, Fights Hendricks and wins, Meanwhile Marquardt has to fight someone like Rory Mac v Condit winner and THEN fight GSP.

PS:Will Marquardt even fight GSP? I mean, they train together right?

If Hendricks wins at 158 he's next. Marquardt would have to win at least one back in the UFC to get a shot.

I think Nate would be in the mix, but, he will probably have to beat someone first. Kos would be a good matchup or maybe Fitch if he gets by Maia.

Back