Nate Marquardt (exposed)

K1fan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Well did it again got caught up in the hype., lost money. Nate Marquardt doesnt know how to check lowkicks. We are talking about a man that is a UFC vet. Has fought great fighters and beaten some. How come that a fighter with that much experience, has been exposed now not able to check lowkicks?

You can lose a fight and not be exposed. Why don't MMA fans understand this?

exposed? guy is tough as nails, just wish under high pressure he could just push through, hopefully he can put it together in the ufc

I had Marquardt pegged as a danger to gsp before the fight so I was wrong too. Leg kicks are really underused in mma. A lot of Guys throw them but usuallu only as a distance maker or to score points. It only takes 4-5 hard kicks to really slow down a fighter significantly. They also make the guy indecisive which is costly in the cage. Thiago alves in his early UFC fights used them so well. And aldo of course

I didn't think Nate was a shoe-in to win saturday night. He's inconsistent. I haven't forgotten the Okami fight.

Anyone know why he didn't at least switch stances?

Anyone know why he didn't at least switch stances?

That's what I was wondering. If you don't check the kick, at least switch from Orthodox to Southpaw.

Unless he's never even trained to fight Southpaw.

He lost so he must've been exposed. Very logical thread.

Man, these "HYPETRAIN DERAILED" "Exposed" threads sicken me

Why bash Nate when you could give Tarec some credit for an incredible performance?

It comes off as pretty negative...

I was dissapointed with his performance. I'm not a Marquardt fan, but I thought he would fair a bit better. Barely had an offense out of the first round.

I feel more like Nate had a VERY bad day at work...it happens to him from times to times

Or has GSP's striking been exposed vs Shields even though GSP outstruck Condit, Alves, Penn etc etc also?

Nate fought an awful fight last saturday, he can do way better than that. Tarrec on the other hand did a great job and you felt like he had a gameplan.

He was exposed as having a meatloaf leg.

I had Marquardt pegged as a danger to gsp before the fight so I was wrong too. Leg kicks are really underused in mma. A lot of Guys throw them but usuallu only as a distance maker or to score points. It only takes 4-5 hard kicks to really slow down a fighter significantly. They also make the guy indecisive which is costly in the cage. Thiago alves in his early UFC fights used them so well. And aldo of course

Really a danger did you see what chael did to him ?Gsp would do the same but it would be more dominating

Man, these "HYPETRAIN DERAILED" "Exposed" threads sicken me

Me too. They're fighting other high caliber fighters for the most part. So many take the negative stance - its always fighters x is rubbish instead of praising fighter y.

Well did it again got caught up in the hype., lost money. Nate Marquardt doesnt know how to check lowkicks. We are talking about a man that is a UFC vet. Has fought great fighters and beaten some. How come that a fighter with that much experience, has been exposed now not able to check lowkicks?

exposed?

he's been inconsistent his whole career. sometimes he has killer instinct...and sometimes he just doesn't.

your lack of knowledge is exposed.

wanna see fun? go re-watch (or, more likely watch for the first time) his UFN 2 fight against Salaverry. and then his fight with Leites. sometimes he brings it and sometimes he doesn't. if he hadn't been content to stand in the pocket with a kickboxer - if he'd shown any gumption whatsofuckingever - the leg kicks wouldn't have happened like that.

i lost $ too. he killed an 8 fight parlay for me. but it was MY decision to bet on him, with full knowledge of his career. you have no one to blame but yourself. hey, if you don't enjoy gambling, don't do it.

(EDIT: sorry, UFN 1)

[QUOTE="Rush";78428721]Me too. They're fighting other high caliber fighters for the most part. So many take the negative stance - its always fighters x is rubbish instead of praising fighter y.[/QUOTE]

This.

Back