Nate Marquardt ‘shocked’ with scoring in decision loss to Vitor Belfort, wants Rematch in the US.

It was a close fight and the other guy got the nod. It happens.

The MMA world has more pressing issues than getting a Nate/Vitor 2. Throw it in the WGAF? bin and move on.

I was rooting for Vitor but Nate won the fight. Personally I don't want to see a rematch.

That scoring was not the most depressing aspect of the fight, just because after that shameless robbery Vitor said he wants five more fights.
It was all a trainwreck.

If someone ever booked a rematch for that crapfest then that would be way more shocking than the decision was.

All fighters should know that if you fight in Brazil, you better finish your opponent if you want to win.

Nate got robbed but it wasn't shocking. The first round stand up told you everything you needed to know about the playing field they were on

it was a garbage decision.

marquardt needs to do more in these fights though, i know he's pretty shot but i feel like most of it is mental.

Its a waste of time.
Lets do Marquardt/Belfort vs Lombard

Nate didn't do shit. He got round 1 because of a useless takedown that led no where, round 2 was even but Vitor obviously got the better of the exchanges. Round 3 was all Vitor, Nate was running for dear life.

Seemed like getting through the first round was Nate's moral victory and it translated into him thinking he won just because he survived.

Vitor clearly 29-28.

That fight was hot garbage.They both could have done more. The problem I have with him whining is that he did next to nothing to take that fight over. He was content to just hang back. I don't think he did anything to lose that fight but definitely didn't anything to win it either. When you fight like that, don't sit back and complain when it doesn't go your way.

I didnt see the fight, I had to drive all night for work.. But it sounded incredibly dull from the play by play thread.

The decision was awful, but no one wants to re-watch that awful fight either.

i scored it for vitor live. was surprised to hear the fight companion after the fact, now im even more surprised to hear even more people scroed it for nate

aw well, no biggie either way.

I didnt see the fight, I had to drive all night for work.. But it sounded incredibly dull from the play by play thread.

Third round was pretty exciting when Vitor let his hands go. Nate was pulling a Khalib Starnes at times while getting busted up.

Third round was pretty exciting when Vitor let his hands go. Nate was pulling a Khalib Starnes at times while getting busted up.
Were there any fights really worth watching on that card?

I just watched highlights of the main event.

Back