Nate is about as real as it gets

I guarantee Nate plays up for the camera this thuggery bs. I highly highly doubt he's nothing like the way he talks on twitter and interviews when he's with his triathlon buddies and BJJ training and with his family.

You're acting like a guy in his mid 30s still has the mannerisms of a hoodrat thug when he's been a full time martial artist practically since he was 15. You think people don't grow up since they are 14? Nick Diaz doesn't put on the slang stoned hoodrat tone the way Nate does on the camera. It's an insult to Diaz that you actually believe he's this immature.
It's part of the culture he's into, you guys always equate everything to hoodrat, thug stuff when it's more of a culture hip/hop thing. Not everyone tries to dress and act like office workers all day. It's no different than cowboy culture, etc. It's just a way of life for them and it's what they are surrounded with. People just know how to turn it off and on to be professional and some just never learn to do that. But that goes for a lot of different cultures and not just Diaz bros "hoodrat thug" culture.

Just look at Diddy, Jay Z, 50, TI, etc they are prime examples of that type of culture that know how to turn it on and off to be professional and they are all older than the Diaz bros.

Ah I get it. You Americans have Nate as your representation of a gangster and now that he's being outed you're all offended and defending him, ok.
In MMA not a lot that represents that culture, so he's one of the few. But for people to call Nate fake is funny. He is one of the realest fighters in mma.

They're all characters and actors. And that's my point, Nate is acting. He's no gangster thug. If he didn't know how to turn it off he'd be in prison by now or would have assaulted a few people that have insulted him lol. There's a difference between being a cowboy and being a fake gangster to look cool and appease idiots like these. There's literally nothing cool about acting like a gangster, he's a grown man not 14, stop saying he's just influenced. He was on TUF when he was 20.

@oldschoolmmafan
I'm a Diaz fan, hence the Av, but I'm amused at how upset other Diaz fans are that I said he's not a gangster hahaha.

You have all confirmed to me that the Diaz fanbase is comprised of a lot of wannabe gangsters thinking Nate represents all the other gangsters out there and how you can "relate to him". Sorry to break your heart.
Your assumptions are funny. What would Liverpool know about American culture? You guys copy the hip-hop culture here.

Nate never said he was a gangster, he grew up rough. We are a product of our environment and who we associate with. Body language and vocabulary are heavily driven by conditions and how we were raised. Just because someone acts or talks a certain way doesn't mean they are a "gangster". Stereotyping is detrimental to society.
They wouldn't understand it, it's obvious in this post by the replies. It's like a foreign language to them.

Anybody can act like a cowboy or something nobody cares, there's just something disgusting about somebody faking being gangster.

Go in a prison or around real gangsters and pretend to be a gangster and see how that works out.

It's like a fake bjj black belt. There's something disgusting about a fake tough guy and we all know it.

Nate Diaz never said he's a gangster lol ok. He never calls himself a real G ever. Nate was competing in martial arts at 15 and full time at 16 don't give me that how he's still acting like a gangster in his 30s cos of his environment. Nick Diaz doesn't even act anything like him and Nick is more "real" and game.
You're from Liverpool, you wouldn't understand anything about American culture. Just because you watch some music videos, movies, and listen to some rap music doesn't mean you understand the culture. Being called a G doesn't mean you are an actual gangster. Just means you're a real one and not fake. This is what happens when people are on the outside looking in with no actual understanding of the culture. Just imitate with no understanding.

Bro you gotta find something else to be passionate about besides gate keeping the word gangster to make sure you get your dues for growing up where you did.

It’s a really low iq mindset that’s kinda toxic. No one cares if he’s literally a gangster but this “yea but I’m a real gangster” stuff is just whack. I’m just giving advice I’m guessing you’re a fairly young guy. As you get older you realize this stuff doesn’t matter and holds you back.
I don't know about it holding him back, it made him millions and one of the biggest stars in the UFC because of it. Because other people can relate to him compared to other fighters who they can't relate with at all. There is a reason why the Diaz bros are needle movers. Think about it some more.

All his interviews are great but here is a little snippet by Lieutenants Loft about the real side of prize fighting...

I can only imagine in the future, Nate and Nick will be some sort of wise martial artist sages espousing life wisdom as they teach martial techniques to their students.

exactly like Mr Miyagi

Anybody can act like a cowboy or something nobody cares, there's just something disgusting about somebody faking being gangster.

Go in a prison or around real gangsters and pretend to be a gangster and see how that works out.

It's like a fake bjj black belt. There's something disgusting about a fake tough guy and we all know it.
See this just shows how dumb you are, they are not pretending to be an actual gangster. They are just showing they are real, what you see is what you get. They don't have a fake persona to try and sell ppvs, they just are the way they are. You have some weird fascination with actual gangsters since you keep bringing them up. You act like Diaz bros haven't been around gangs. California is gang central and where most gangs originated from. Unless you live in the rich areas you have been around gangs growing up. You talking about them like they are scary just shows how little actual interaction you have with them and it's all just what you watch and hear about them. People are just people and if you didn't grow up in areas with gangs you won't know how to maneuver around those type of people. So once again your lack of actual knowledge is obvious.

I know somebody intentionally and consciously acting a certain way to portray a gangster image to be deceiving.

I'll leave my closing remark with this:
If you honestly believe Nate Diaz isn't playing his gangster character because it's been selling ever since he was 20 then you're a naive, sheltered moron and it's actually an insult to Nate Diaz. If you think his tweets aren't posted to suit that image too and intentionally look more gangster and thuggish then you're an idiot. Do you not think when he posts these gangster tweets with gangster slang he hasn't thought it through?

The guy isn't a member of MS-13, he's a guy that loves heavy metal and riding his bicycle and training all day every day and being a professional athlete since his teens, but whatever, yes he's moronic enough to not know he imitates gangsters. He's completely oblivious to it despite literally proclaiming to millions of people he's a west coast gangster lol. My point is he consciously tries to act more thug and gangster when the camera is around or when composing a tweet and if you can't see that you're a clown.

Unless you're from the hood I know just as much as american gang culture as you do if not more, we have access to your music and culture just as much as you do unless you immerse yourself into it.

Nick Diaz said himself he played a character to sell PPVs and that Mcgregor stole the blueprint you casual. He also explicitly stated in a build up to his Condit fight "tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it" but you wouldn't know that you're a casual.
And yes they do do things to sell PPVs you moron he and Mcgregor are good friends, he had a fake beef with Justin Bieber, rehearsed a Masvidal callout. He does a lot to sell PPVs and he's actually one of the best at it.

They're all characters and actors. And that's my point, Nate is acting. He's no gangster thug. If he didn't know how to turn it off he'd be in prison by now or would have assaulted a few people that have insulted him lol. There's a difference between being a cowboy and being a fake gangster to look cool and appease idiots like these. There's literally nothing cool about acting like a gangster, he's a grown man not 14, stop saying he's just influenced. He was on TUF when he was 20.
So you really think Nate is fake? You really are confused, once again it's not about being an actual gangster. You guys have a hard time grasping this culture. Yes to other people not in the cowboy culture can look at it as silly too just like how people view hip hop/street culture. They are very similar as cultural interests between sub groups of people that have a different way of talking, doing things, and living.

Ok everybody from Stockton acts like a gangster and talks like a stoned retard and can't refrain from constantly saying thang and calling themself a G late into their 30s despite them finding a profession in their teens LOL! You absolute idiot. I don't give a fuck if he was around gangs, everybody from his area was, he's been a pro athlete since 16 and he wasn't involved lol. He's been immersed in rock culture and triathlons and jiu jitsu a hell of a lot than he was in gang culture you tool.

Nick Diaz said himself he played a character to sell PPVs and that Mcgregor stole the blueprint you casual. He also explicitly stated in a build up to his Condit fight "tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it" but you wouldn't know that you're a casual.
And yes they do do things to sell PPVs you moron he and Mcgregor are good friends, he had a fake beef with Justin Bieber, rehearsed a Masvidal callout. He does a lot to sell PPVs and he's actually one of the best at it.
Show the interview, sounds more like he was just willing to play the game once he got to that level. Nick Diaz has been exactly the same since he first started his career. Both of them act exactly the same in their fights and on/off camera. It's easy to tell when people are acting naturally or are acting. Mainly because people are just naturally bad actors, and even the good actors overact. So it's easy to see what's forced and natural to anyone paying attention.

Only thing he worked on are specific call outs to get the fights he wanted. That's not being fake.

I don't know Nate personally so I couldn't say he's real or fake that's weird. But I know for a fact he consciously portrays the thug low iq gangster image the best he can for the fans. If you don't think he exaggerates it intentionally then you're a horrific judge of character.

Ok everybody from Stockton acts like a gangster and talks like a stoned retard and can't refrain from constantly saying thang and calling themself a G late into their 30s despite them finding a profession in their teens LOL! You absolute idiot. I don't give a fuck if he was around gangs, everybody from his area was, he's been a pro athlete since 16 and he wasn't involved lol. He's been immersed in rock culture and triathlons and jiu jitsu a hell of a lot than he was in gang culture you tool.
The whole idea of a " closing remark" is that you are done and leave afterwards

On/off camera so you know them both personally? Why didn't you say? Are you good friends with them yeah?

You're a joke.

Back