Nate is about as real as it gets

Yes team america but Americans don't even cheer their own fighters lol. Americans get booed in their own stadiums and cheer the Europeans, and you're supposed to be the most patriotic country or some shit hahaha.

He was embarrassed by Stephen Thompson cos he refused to engage even though that was the only time he had success.

There are many, MANY assassins that have been embarrassed by Thompson.

Thompson has a very unique style that combines superb distance management with impeccable timing and excellent cardiovascular conditioning.

Furthermore, Thompson usually has brilliant fight IQ, ring generalship, spatial awareness, and he times MMA rounds very well.

Masvidal shouldn't be depressed or ashamed of any type of loss to Thompson. He certainly shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed that he lost a DECISION to Thompson.

There's a reason that Thompson has had 2 chances to capture the UFC Welterweight World Championship.

I was talking about the persona Masvidal has took on and becoming something he always said he hated, if you followed the sport and was a Masvidal fan you'd know he despised people like what he has become. You're literally creating a strawman argument again.

Even I have a difficult time defending Masvidal with this part of your message. It's true that it seems like Masvidal has "sold out" a bit (or more than a bit).

However, you should remember that Masvidal is currently 36 years old. I consider all of his recent actions to be calculated and well-planned. He's trying to get a few more sweet paychecks before he's forced to retire.

Who am I to judge Masvidal? He found ways to garner more attention and collect more lucrative paychecks before it's too late.

Also, it seems like you despise Masvidal. Why is that? Did he eliminate one of your favorite fighters?

Always been a fan of Diaz, started training BJJ 9 years ago after watching Nick Diaz.

However, he's not as real as it gets. We can all agree he's a fake gangster; the guys an upstanding citizen who does triathlons and teaches BJJ but throws gang signs with no criminal record, I couldn't have put it better than Mcgregor.

However I hold him levels above Masvidal. Masvidal hated people that talk but he's became the biggest talker in the sport and has became unbearable and a sell-out. At least Nate has stayed true to himself, other than a couple fake beefs with Mcgregor and his tactical twitter posts to get fights but that's understandable.
Masvidal and Nate are exactly the same now since they got their money fights. They both play the same game. There's nothing that Masvidal is doing that Nate isn't doing.

imagine nate vs max

Two volume strikers with crazy chins that get better as the fight goes on.

im from cali . In stockton all it takes to be "gangster" is smoke weed and get in street fights lol . i get what your saying but he dosnt mean letteral crack selling gang banger when he says "gangster" . and west coast hand signs arent "gang signs" in the conventional sence . 2pac went to drama class and was middle class btw lol
I think you guys all have the wrong definition and it definitely shows your level of understanding by your upbringing. He's not trying to be "gangster" that's just the way he is from growing up around that. People that grow up in the same environment can easily see that. Others on the outside have some false definition of gangster and have no idea what they are talking about.

You are bringing up 2pac taking a class in middle school? Like drama class makes him suddenly soft? He wanted to do movies and he did that. Very easy to tell there was nothing fake about 2pac. You can't fake what he went through and how he handled what he went through.

No, Nick Diaz doesn't act anything like Nate and he had a much harsher upbringing. Nate intentionally tries to act gangster don't give me this bs. You yanks are so naive it's unreal, it's no surprise a fat 70 year old has his own cult and they storm the capitol for him.

lol at people who find the need to flex a shitty upbringing and gate keep casual use of the term gangster. No one likes this stuff. You shouldn’t be doing it past the age of 20 as an adult. Find pleasure in other ways.

I faced lots of child abuse growing up. I don’t flex it or gate keep bad upbringing. some people who want to be seen as hood have a really unlikeable chip on their shoulders tbh.
It's not really flexing it for the reason you think. Some people use it as character trait just like how some people use scholastic education as a character trait for themselves. Scholastic people want to make themselves appear proper and smart, people like Nick and Nate want to be seen as real and no push over.

I guarantee Nate plays up for the camera this thuggery bs. I highly highly doubt he's nothing like the way he talks on twitter and interviews when he's with his triathlon buddies and BJJ training and with his family.

You're acting like a guy in his mid 30s still has the mannerisms of a hoodrat thug when he's been a full time martial artist practically since he was 15. You think people don't grow up since they are 14? Nick Diaz doesn't put on the slang stoned hoodrat tone the way Nate does on the camera. It's an insult to Diaz that you actually believe he's this immature.

You Americans have such a loose term of the word gangster.
I understand a gangster act such as Diaz bitch slapping Khabib if it happened, but actually describing the guy as a "gangster" is lame and embarrassing. You're making the real mexican gangsters look like twitter warriors. If Nate's gangster acts are him hitting people then he'd get in there and fight Khabib regardless of money if he hates him that much and wants to slap him.

Edit: Besides, Nate always creates a safe distance before he starts flexing. Remember the Karo Parisyan episode of TUF when he doesn't say anything until he's 6ft away. Same with the guy spray painting the walls lol. He got cheap shotted by Mcgregor and had a chance at the weigh ins to do something.
I guess you missed the whole rumble Nick and Nate had with Khabib and his people in Vegas?

@FIghtxIQ
That's why I said Masvidal is levels above Diaz in this fakery sell-out bs. Nate hasn't really sold out, he remains quiet and just has tactical call outs every so often.
Masvidal is slating people day in day out and his whole character was he hates people that speak, he had the audacity to keep it when he fought Askren but he's became the biggest talker in the entire sport. He's a diva showing up to fights in a robe don't compare that to Diaz.
Diaz also isn't saying he's gonna baptize people on sight and making gun gestures and staging altercations with guys like Usman then never following through.
Masvidal is the biggest diva in the sport and his whole persona beforehand was he despises it.
Don't get me wrong I have no issue with it, I love Colby Covington. But Colby Covington isn't what he always said he hated and he's obviously playing a character. And he's funny, Masvidal's just a broken record. Shadow realms, baptise, another dimension, blah blah blah.

@FIghtxIQ
I didn't miss it, every single one of them went unscathed because they didn't fight lol. The only footage I seen of Nate was him running behind a bar wtf are you talking about? Nick the real G threw a drink at one of them.
And it's easier to fight when you're in your own country with your posse of other fake gangsters everywhere you go. His little crew has to be the most embarrassing in MMA, they all even adopted Nates mannerisms do you remember that guy Chris Avila lol. He wants to be Nate so bad he even stood there and let Lobov leg kick him for 15 minutes.

Ah I get it. You Americans have Nate as your representation of a gangster and now that he's being outed you're all offended and defending him, ok.

Back