Nate is a bad matchup for all strikers but gets decisioned by all wrestlers

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
At lightweight....Or should I say.. Wrestlers and fighters who have imposing grappling/top games.

But since he beat Pellegrino and won TUF. Has he beaten any fighters who rely heavy on take downs? I guess he did beat an extremely washed up Gray Maynard.
Josh Neer is good off his back but not really a take down threat is he?

He's been decisioned by Ben Henderson, RDA, Rory Mcdonald, Clay Guida, Joe Stevenson, Gray Maynard, Dong Hyun Kim.....Some of these are WW's but still..

IDK what my point is but it has always stuck with me that Diaz can't really beat any elite grapplers or wrestlers. Hell I'd still pick Guida and Ben Henderson over him today...maybe
But
also, he is a tough matchup for EVERY fighter at LW who prefers to stay on the feet. He has an iron chin , insane cardio, and throws the 1-2 down the pipe like nobody's business. He probably beats Barboza, Cerrone, Ferguson, Holloway and Porier....Hell, even Gaethje would have a tough time with Nate unless he used his wrestling...

Last edited:
giphy.gif

He can't deal with low kicks so Edson is the worst striking matchup for him imo.

Anyways, what is the pojnt of this thread? You made a statement we all already know and wasted bandwidth doing it.

He can't deal with low kicks so Edson is the worst striking matchup for him imo.

Anyways, what is the pojnt of this thread? You made a statement we all already know and wasted bandwidth doing it.

are you hoarding bandwidth or something? Barboza would fold in the 3rd round.

If Gaethje abandons his leg kicks, which he might, he'd definitely have a rough time with Nate. Poirier is too crafty at this point - he'd absolutely pulverize Nate's legs and set up in top position whenver he could, like RDA did.

The blueprint on how to beat Nate is out there for both strikers and wrestlers, it's just a matter of sticking to it and not getting dragged into a boxing match.

I would be interested to see how is chin holds up on the future.

If Gaethje abandons his leg kicks, which he might, he'd definitely have a rough time with Nate. Poirier is too crafty at this point - he'd absolutely pulverize Nate's legs and set up in top position whenver he could, like RDA did.

The blueprint on how to beat Nate is out there for both strikers and wrestlers, it's just a matter of sticking to it and not getting dragged into a boxing match.

Good point.. Porier is definitely a fighter who has shown to be very adaptable lately. The Pettis win showed that especially

At lightweight....Or should I say.. Wrestlers and fighters who have imposing grappling/top games.

But since he beat Pellegrino and won TUF. Has he beaten any fighters who rely heavy on take downs? I guess he did beat an extremely washed up Gray Maynard.
Josh Neer is good off his back but not really a take down threat is he?

He's been decisioned by Ben Henderson, RDA, Rory Mcdonald, Clay Guida, Joe Stevenson, Gray Maynard, Dong Hyun Kim.....Some of these are WW's but still..

IDK what my point is but it has always stuck with me that Diaz can't really beat any elite grapplers or wrestlers. Hell I'd still pick Guida and Ben Henderson over him today...
But
also, he is a tough matchup for EVERY fighter at LW who prefers to stay on the feet. He has an iron chin , insane cardio, and throws the 1-2 down the pipe like nobody's business. He probably beats Barboza, Cerrone, Ferguson, Holloway and Porier....Hell, even Gaethje would have a tough time with Nate unless he used his wrestling...
Agreed. But he doesn’t beat ferg.

Nates overrated. Pettis will knock him out like he knocked out wondercan.

are you hoarding bandwidth or something? Barboza would fold in the 3rd round.

Buh ro

I still have my Enjoi 'whitey panda' board that is the exact same logo as your av

I only skated it like 5 times and then decided I was too old to keep skating as a means of transportation so it's basically brand new. I use it as a decoration on my wall now

If you stand in front of Nate and throw 1-2’s with him. He’s a bad matchup. If you show him any kind of diversity on the feet at all, he’s not.

Isn't Nate the guy that got knocked out in his prime by an out of prime Josh Thomson?

Nate Diaz is a fucking scrub and you are delusional. He is not even top 10

Back