Nate fight more important than Hector fight ?

TheScorpionDude

Get over here! ~~~~~~~~~~~~==>
Banned
Reaction score
Does the UFC hate good fighters ?

Does beating opponents mean anything anymore ?

I just saw that Lombard fight is buried in the main card while Marquardt is placed mid card. The same Marquardt that Hector launched mid air... thoughts ?

If It wasn't a squash match for Hector he would be higher on the card.

The UFC almost always puts the worst fight on the main card right in the middle.

They want to open the PPV with one of the better fights. It's not rocket science TS they've been doing this for years.

For example 181 had Trujillo-Abel before Duffee-Hamilton and the Truijllo fight was obviously better.

If It wasn't a squash match for Hector he would be higher on the card.

Both Tavares and Nate(obviously :) ) are ranked lower than Lombard... this really makes 0 sense to me as a fan of fighting.

Probably because they expect Nate vs Tavares to be more competitive than the Hector fight.

Sherdog, where your placement in the card is the most important thing.

I hate how the UFC arranges the fight cards sometimes. I remember UFC 152 Evan Dunham and TJ Grant were put on the preims while Matt Hamill and Roger Hollet were on the main card in a god awful fight.

Sherdog, where your placement in the card is the most important thing.

Of coarse its not that important, nothing in life is if you look at it that way.

But lets be honest now, its a bit disrespectful for Lombard especially since he beat Marquardt in a very devastating fashion.

thats not how it works.. i thought we all knew that by now. fight order is done in a very specific way.. like usually main event of the prelims is usually better than 1 or 2 of the main card fights.

they like to put a good scrap for the first fight of the ppv usually.

Of coarse its not that important, nothing in life is if you look at it that way.

But lets be honest now, its a bit disrespectful for Lombard especially since he beat Marquardt in a very devastating fashion.

Yeah, it's pretty rough.

Sometimes fighters request certain spots on the card. For instance Faber as the last card on the undercard. I have to think that something like that happened here. If you're not main or co-main, I would think getting your fight over with is a good thing. Then you have time to recover and relax and can watch the other fights, and be healed up if necessary before the conference and before going out after the fights.

Yeah, it's pretty rough.

up-A6TRVGB6067SAPG8.jpg

other than comain, why does it matter the main card order?

Why do we even care,they're both not great.

It's like complaining about watching Cody Mc Kenzie or Nam Phan first lol

Are people really this dumb?

Oh, right. Sherdog.

As much as people hate to see or admit it, the way they order the cards is similar to pro wrestling. You don't typically have more than two major main event type fights back to back. You need a 'cool down' fight or match in between some big ones. Like another poster said, the main event on the preliminaries is usually a bigger and better fight than the second or third fight on the main card.

It's kinda like this:

Main Event - Big Fight
Co-Main Event - Big Fight
Third Main Card Fight - Can be a big fight but usually not
Second Main Card Fight - Typically filler
Opening Main Card Fight - Exciting fight but not between big names
Main Prelim Fight - Big exciting fight ideally
Third Prelim Fight - Filler fight
Second Prelim Fight - Filler fight
Opening Prelim Fight - Exciting fight between prospects

Obviously this varies, especially if there are big shows with almost all quality fights (those are few and far between now with the sheer volume of events), but that's generally how UFC needs to lay them out...

As much as people hate to see or admit it, the way they order the cards is similar to pro wrestling. You don't typically have more than two major main event type fights back to back. You need a 'cool down' fight or match in between some big ones. Like another poster said, the main event on the preliminaries is usually a bigger and better fight than the second or third fight on the main card.

It's kinda like this:

Main Event - Big Fight
Co-Main Event - Big Fight
Third Main Card Fight - Can be a big fight but usually not
Second Main Card Fight - Typically filler
Opening Main Card Fight - Exciting fight but not between big names
Main Prelim Fight - Big exciting fight ideally
Third Prelim Fight - Filler fight
Second Prelim Fight - Filler fight
Opening Prelim Fight - Exciting fight between prospects

Obviously this varies, especially if there are big shows with almost all quality fights (those are few and far between now with the sheer volume of events), but that's generally how UFC needs to lay them out...

NO!! I demand a big fight in the co-co-main for every card!

Actually it's a little different from how pro wrestling lays out their cards, as the second to last on a wrestling card is usually filler so the crowd can get a pretzel and use the bathroom before the main event. UFC usually uses the third fight on the main card for this. Call it the "Jon Fitch" position.

Back