Nate elite ?

nate is elite in some aspects yes but if you leg kick him or implement a strategy he wont actively try to stop it and lose decision lol

When Nate is on point, he is very, very good. "Elite' is likely still up for debate. He has shown some glaring weaknesses against good kickers and wrestlers. And I say that as a HUGE Diaz fan.
Nate could easily be elite if he had the right mental state.

I never thought he was elite. Elite fighters beat the Diaz bros. he's tough as all hell, no doubt. IMO we'll see if Conor is elite.

if you are fighting Nate , it doesnt mean you are chosing the hard way. he is tough as hell and bad for some fighters without grapling.
it doesnt make you the best fighter when you beat Nate.

anyway , hope he beats the shit out of Conor again and fights Ferguson next

He was like 13 before they announced he was fighting Conor, then suddenly jumped up to 5 for no reason when he stepped in.

Nate is a very solid fighter, but he'll never be in the mix for the title, if that's what you're asking.
He had just beaten the 6th ranked fighter in the division...... He's top 5 for sure with some wins over some of the best. Elite isn't limited to just the champ. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to view anyone ranked top ten as elite much less the top 5!

Sherdog couchbros will disagree I'm sure

To be fair, Dariush shouldn't have got the nod over MJ.

I scored it for Dariush.

But neither of us were the judges that night.

In the Nate/Johnson fight I gave the first round to Johnson. Nate cleaned up in the 2nd. Partway through the third it looked like Johnson was going to rally and take it, but then he seemed to run out of gas. It was a closer fight than people give credit for.

I scored it for Dariush.

But neither of us were the judges that night.

In the Nate/Johnson fight I gave the first round to Johnson. Nate cleaned up in the 2nd. Partway through the third it looked like Johnson was going to rally and take it, but then he seemed to run out of gas. It was a closer fight than people give credit for.
That was considered a big robbery at the time. I think it was a robbery, but not a huge one. Dariush did really good but clearly lost(should have).

Nate vs Michael was much closer than people give it credit for indeed. Again, like the Dariush vs Johnson fight, Nate clearly won though... He just came back after getting his ass kicked & a decent layoff & looked pretty good so people's judgements are clouded by that.

Nate's always been a top 5 LW. There are just some guys that have the style (endless cardio, Heavy leg kicks, good wrestling WITH very good sub defense) to beat him like Ben and RDA. I think Nate still beats Eddie or Khabib. I know people will disagree because you guys seem to think that wrestling is Nate's weakness even though it's not.

Makes sense for Conor to make Nate seem like he's a world beater, helps him save face. In my opinion, you should ALWAYS refer to your next opponent as your toughest test to date. This way if you lose, you didn't just get beat by that "bum" you referred to him as.

Lol then after you win, you can say stuff like "he wasn't as strong or quick as I expected"

He had just beaten the 6th ranked fighter in the division...... He's top 5 for sure with some wins over some of the best. Elite isn't limited to just the champ. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to view anyone ranked top ten as elite much less the top 5!

Sherdog couchbros will disagree I'm sure

Not to nitpick, but how does beating someone ho's ranked 6th put you in the top 5?

Nope. Elite, IMO means no bad matchups with anyone, no weakness to strikers wrestlers or sub artists.

Nate, like Nick has problems with strong wrestlers.

He'll beat mcGregor though.

Last edited:
So its just Nate,
no reason for Conor acting like facing the most dangerous guy in the world.

Even so imo Nate will win

He should refuse to fight 3 rounders from now. He needs more time for his style to be effective.

haha yeah

If it was no time limits nate would be like 35-2 and certainly have belt. All those wrestlers would wear out 5-6 rounds in and he'd sub or KO them.

haha yeah

If it was no time limits nate would be like 35-2 and certainly have belt. All those wrestlers would wear out 5-6 rounds in and he'd sub or KO them.
Yeah,thats funny but also true

Boy I almost feel bad if Diaz loses. Not for him because he is making a lot of money. But for his sherdog fans.

The trolling and thread bumps will keep me away for a long time.

haha yeah

Most of them are dead tired by the end of the second and barely survive the third only to be saved by the bell. I fucking hate three rounders in general. If you want to know who's the better fighter, you need to give the fighters more time.

I am rooting for Nate and also did in their first fight.
Nate was never the best in his division and is not the biggest draw for some one to move on.

Now, Conor asked for a rematch ( which I hope he will regret )
but the point is ,imo Nate is far away from top of his division and Conor is acting like he is taking risks,fighting the bigger men , fighting the possibly hardest fighter in the world.
he doesnt need to, just go back to FW and do your work there.

I can understand that he wants to sell the fight but still it makes him look so stupid.
he even mentioned during the latest conference that Nate claimed he was not prepared in the first fight and mentioned lets see what the boy will do when he is prepared !!!!!!!!
he already beat yor ass with 10 days notice, boy

anyway , Conor is facing not the elite , no need to act like that.

WAR Nate , I am expecting KO Maynard style
Ahh this explains the attitude in the other thread. Nate fanboy automatically assumes anybody not picking him is a McGregor fanboy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back