Nate elite ?

legedema

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I am rooting for Nate and also did in their first fight.
Nate was never the best in his division and is not the biggest draw for some one to move on.

Now, Conor asked for a rematch ( which I hope he will regret )
but the point is ,imo Nate is far away from top of his division and Conor is acting like he is taking risks,fighting the bigger men , fighting the possibly hardest fighter in the world.
he doesnt need to, just go back to FW and do your work there.

I can understand that he wants to sell the fight but still it makes him look so stupid.
he even mentioned during the latest conference that Nate claimed he was not prepared in the first fight and mentioned lets see what the boy will do when he is prepared !!!!!!!!
he already beat yor ass with 10 days notice, boy

anyway , Conor is facing not the elite , no need to act like that.

WAR Nate , I am expecting KO Maynard style

Lol. Before the first Conor fight, Nate had just completely outclassed Michael Johnson who was ranked #6 in the world.

M2TC7bd.png

I am rooting for Nate and also did in their first fight.
Nate was never the best in his division and is not the biggest draw for some one to move on.

Now, Conor asked for a rematch ( which I hope he will regret )
but the point is ,imo Nate is far away from top of his division and Conor is acting like he is taking risks,fighting the bigger men , fighting the possibly hardest fighter in the world.
he doesnt need to, just go back to FW and do your work there.

I can understand that he wants to sell the fight but still it makes him look so stupid.
he even mentioned during the latest conference that Nate claimed he was not prepared in the first fight and mentioned lets see what the boy will do when he is prepared !!!!!!!!
he already beat yor ass with 10 days notice, boy

anyway , Conor is facing not the elite , no need to act like that.

WAR Nate , I am expecting KO Maynard style
He's top 5 in the division. I'm not sure you understand what "elite" means.....

Nate has elite skills. Very durable boxing, good chin, great cardio and elite BJJ. That said, he's also a fighter with a lot of holes in his game. He's not that physically strong, not a great wrestler and he's susceptible to low kicks.

So yeah Nate is an elite fighter, but he has found himself outmatched on different occasions. RDA had good wrestling, is very strong and has powerful low kicks. His strengths played well in Nate's weaknesses, Conor doesn't have this advantage. I truly believe Nate is a bad match up for him, especially at 170. I'd be really impressed if he beats him this time.

Last edited:
Lol. Before the first Conor fight, Nate had just completely outclassed Michael Johnson who was ranked #6 in the world.

Michael Johnson, basically a 0.500 UFC fighter who just lost to Dariush before getting in with Nate. Dariush then lost to Chiesa.

Doing MMAth Nate beat someone who isn't as good as Chiesa.

Nate has lost 3 of his last 5 LW fights. Against top competition (Bendo, Thompson, RDA) he is totally outclassed.

Nate is elite. Has best MMA boxing and top 10 on the BJJ end. his main problem is he's basically nonathletic (no fast twitch) and cant stop take downs from D1 wrestlers or guys who run from him point fighting. COnor is far from a D1 wrestler. And won't run. So Nate is as elite as it gets for Conor.

When Nate is on point, he is very, very good. "Elite' is likely still up for debate. He has shown some glaring weaknesses against good kickers and wrestlers. And I say that as a HUGE Diaz fan.

Nate has elite skills. Very durable boxing, good chin, great cardio and elite BJJ. That said, he's also a fighter with a lot of holes in his game. He's not that psychically strong, not a great wrestler and he's susceptible to low kicks.

So yeah Nate is an elite fighter, but he has found himself outmatched on different occasions. RDA had good wrestling, is very strong and has powerful low kicks. His strengths played well in Nate's weaknesses, Conor doesn't have this advantage. I truly believe Nate is a bad match up for him, especially at 170. I'd be really impressed if he beats him this time.
Good post but not sure Nate has ever had any psychic abilities to speak of...

2654976-charles_xavier.jpg

Nate is elite. Has best MMA boxing and top 10 on the BJJ end. his main problem is he's basically nonathletic (no fast twitch) and cant stop take downs from D1 wrestlers or guys who run from him point fighting. COnor is far from a D1 wrestler. And won't run. So Nate is as elite as it gets for Conor.

He should refuse to fight 3 rounders from now. He needs more time for his style to be effective.

ok, I might use the wrong word by asking if he is elite.
my point is , I dont see him being the champ of LW ever, there are some fighters where he doesnt have chances to pass them.
what means a win over Nate to Conor ?

Last edited:
I would say no. So many lightweights have the tools to beat McGregor.

Nayt is a journeyman gatekeeper who is fun to watch fight due to his warrior mentality. Only reason why he's getting this pun is tbe connor fight and rematch. He loses he's goes back to gatekeeper status as well as his brother. The Diaz brothers are some of the best to watch fight but maybe tbe overrated as well.

Michael Johnson, basically a 0.500 UFC fighter who just lost to Dariush before getting in with Nate. Dariush then lost to Chiesa.

Doing MMAth Nate beat someone who isn't as good as Chiesa.

Nate has lost 3 of his last 5 LW fights. Against top competition (Bendo, Thompson, RDA) he is totally outclassed.
To be fair, Dariush shouldn't have got the nod over MJ.

Nate has elite skills. Very durable boxing, good chin, great cardio and elite BJJ. That said, he's also a fighter with a lot of holes in his game. He's not that psychically strong, not a great wrestler and he's susceptible to low kicks.

very fair assessment and only thing i would say is the Nate that fought MJ would be a very competitive and entertaining fight if he were to rematch RDA. He was going thru too much drama behind the scenes and even stated publicly that he took the fight cause he was broke and needed money. physically and mentally he had no business being in the cage that night

He's top 5 in the division. I'm not sure you understand what "elite" means.....
He was like 13 before they announced he was fighting Conor, then suddenly jumped up to 5 for no reason when he stepped in.

Nate is a very solid fighter, but he'll never be in the mix for the title, if that's what you're asking.

I've said this before: Top ten in the world is elite. Most people here would brag about being ranked top 500 at a competitive video game.

Conor lost to an elite LW who is also a very tough stylistic matchup for him. If Conor were to beat Nate - especially by stoppage (minus a cut stoppage) - it would be huge.

He was like 13 before they announced he was fighting Conor, then suddenly jumped up to 5 for no reason when he stepped in.

Nate is a very solid fighter, but he'll never be in the mix for the title, if that's what you're asking.

He's been in the mix for a title before and one more quality win against a top LW puts him back in the mix.

I also believe he was legitimately ranked in the top ten when he fought Conor. He had just beaten MJ who was ranked sixth if I recall correctly.

Back