Nate Diaz's UFC Salary

Wow, ok we’re done here. So beating Michael Johnson after being dominated by RDA and KOed by Josh Thomson earns one, in essence, a title shot. Sounds good bud.
Wasn't it a TKO?

I think Nate draws well enough to headline a ppv along with someone else. He will be a great Fight night headliner
Nate cannot headline a PPV please don't be ridiculous

The only fight people want to see from Nate is Conor. He cannot draw interest with any other match up.

UFC 230 PPV numbers will confirm that

Wasn't it a TKO?
Well either way, the ref had to save him
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish1.gif

No they do not that’s bull shit and Conor is the only one that I know of that bargained for a percentage of the gate revenue.
Every main event fighter does not get a slice of Ppv

yes they do. not the whole main card but the main event fighters do. that how gsp can make 10 million for ufc 167 and Anderson silva for ufc 168.

And I think Sage was getting paid like 50k+ at the time. That's the biggest insult. Dana want's us to believe that sage is a bigger draw than Nate. GTFO. I think they really got fucked with the TUF contract, which is complete shit.

nate only a draw fighting conor.

ufc had to pay sage to keep him from bellator.

yes they do. not the whole main card but the main event fighters do. that how gsp can make 10 million for ufc 167 and Anderson silva for ufc 168.
They are both champions. You said main event fighters. Challlengers generally don’t make that.
Not to mention when the main event has no championship fight.that was my point

They are both champions. You said main event fighters. Challlengers generally don’t make that.
Not to mention when the main event has no championship fight.that was my point

for a ppv the main event gets ppv points. how do you think nate and conor got so much from 196 and 202.

And he beat your idol, twice, imagine that

If I recall correctly he took a big upfront number and smaller per fight pay for the non Conor fights you posted there.

If I recall correctly he also has the biggest free card viewership for the fights he headlined so he definitely has a big following and is a star, especially now.

He wouldn't have been on the bill for the 2 highest selling UFC PPV's in history (especially the one that only had a 10 day build up) if he wasn't very popular.

People are forgetting this fact, when they talk about Nate Diaz. His agent negotiated an upfront big bonus in 2012. Nate was happy with the deal. He was supposed to get another big raise, if he won the LW title, but RDA smashed him in 2014. His agent was the one that messed up, by negotiating a big upfront bonus. Yet Nate blames the UFC (LOL).

Just because he didn't get paid shit doesn't mean he wasn't a draw. He had a shitty contract.

nate only a draw fighting conor.

ufc had to pay sage to keep him from bellator.
But they let Rory go. lol. Sage is a bust. He's actually kinda boring to watch considering he's a striker.

Nate Diaz amongst casuals seems/or seemed to be the number 2 most well known guy. This is going off co-workers, patients, and people who don't watch MMA ever. Jon Jones seemed to have a decent amount of casuals who knew of him. But Conor built Nate up for the casuals. He got the win over Conor which then brought him not to Conor's level but a lot of people knew him and became fans of him and the way he carries himself. After he lost to Conor they could have given him someone else besides Conor and it would have done great. Kind of stating the obvious but his layoff didn't help his drawing power but I do get his frustration with the UFC not promoting him properly. They could market him as the "one" guy who stopped Conor in the Octagon (casuals wouldn't care about Conor's early losses) and push him but they just don't.

Nate missing promotional opportunities and appearances has hurt him too. He is a very contrary person and the UFC gave up on promoting him and his brother because they either don't show up or refuse ahead of time.

Their biographies/books will be worth gold because of their mystique. As long as they can find someone to write it down for them.

Just because he didn't get paid shit doesn't mean he wasn't a draw. He had a shitty contract.
giphy.gif

If Nate had leverage (such as proof of being a "draw" or a competing offer from another organization), he wouldn't have entered into a "shitty" contract.

Back