Nate Diaz's height and reach compared to Conor's UFC opponents in the past

The prime example is the Michael Johnson fight. I've never seen an MMA fighter swing and miss so much and that consistently from beginning to end. And this all had to do with Diaz being in range to land his shots, but just out of range of Johnson's punches.
Believe it or not, and I'm thinking that you'll believe it, I actually never saw that fight. I was throwing my buddy a bachelor party and we didn't get to the hotel for drinks until the co-main event was on. I'll check it out.

I felt sorry for Mendes. He had no chance against Conor on the feet with his 8 inch reach advantage.

Where did you get 5'10" from? Literally everything I saw listing his height says 6'0".

UFC site recently cut it to 5'10.

Conor's Napoleon complex probably kicked in and yelled at Dana to change it.

I agree but the question wasn't 'does Nate have a good chin?' because most everyone will say yes.

The question was 'does Nate have a chin like his brother?' and my opinion is no, he doesn't. Nick has some insane ability to absorb punishment.

Thank you sir.
Finally someone who understands what I meant and doesn't play it dumb...

Btw Nick's chin is more battletested too, as he fought his career at heavier weight classes and took shots from power punchers like
Daley ( like you mentionned ), MW Robbie Lawler, Zamroskis, Anderson (not really a powwer puncher but a KO artist), Cyborg, Hell of a punch from Gomi...
And I'd venture to say you can see from Nick's facial structure that it's thicker than Nate's

A good comparison would be to compare the Diaz to prime PRIDE Nogs ( prior to Sokoudjou ) :
Everyone thought Little Nog had an iron chin and tremendous ability to take punishment, which was true, but nevertheless it didn't match Big Nog's one ( who also has thicker facial features) who took even bigger bombs without going out and from bigger, more powerful opponents.
Doesn't means Little Nog's chin wasn't top notch...

No, he's not a big LW. He's average and will be nearly 4 inches shorter than nate, a guy who fights tall and knows how to use his height to his advantage.

Don't let the 2" reach advantage deceive you, height is more important to functional reach than arm length.

The fact that people can't see how conor's counter punching style will be handicapped when facing a guy who can jab him in face while remaining out of reach makes me want to put a huge bet on this fight.

The same people that think this will be a cakewalk for conor would have picked MJ to walk through nate as well.
Height doesn't seem to help Struve too much.
Give me timing over height anytime.....
I think Conor has too much going for him - Strength, Champion's mentality, Solid kicking tecehnique.
Nate's best chance is probably on the floor with his JJ.
I could be wrong but Conor should smash Nate.....

I have to agree. Nick has eaten full clip shots from Paul my-hands-hurt-everyone Daley. He has some insane ability to absorb punishment and come back to swarm.

Nate is very tough and has taken some good shots, but he's not his brother.

Agree with this.
If Nick was fighting Conor, then Conor would be more worried.....

Back