Nate Diaz's height and reach compared to Conor's UFC opponents in the past

He doesn't have Nick's ability to take punishment? You're serious with that?

I have to agree. Nick has eaten full clip shots from Paul my-hands-hurt-everyone Daley. He has some insane ability to absorb punishment and come back to swarm.

Nate is very tough and has taken some good shots, but he's not his brother.

Conor McGregor: 5'9 74 inch reach

Nate Diaz: 5'10 76 inch reach
Jose Aldo: 5'7 70 inch reach
Chad Mendes: 5'6 66 inch reach
Dennis Siver: 5'7 70 inch reach
Dustin Poirier: 5'9 72 inch reach
Diego Brandao: 5'7 69 inch reach
Max Holloway: 5'11 71 inch reach
Marcus Brimage: 5'4 71 inch reach
Nate is definitely 5 ft 11 / 6 ft

Conor McGregor: 5'9 74 inch reach

Nate Diaz: 5'10 76 inch reach
Jose Aldo: 5'7 70 inch reach
Chad Mendes: 5'6 66 inch reach
Dennis Siver: 5'7 70 inch reach
Dustin Poirier: 5'9 72 inch reach
Diego Brandao: 5'7 69 inch reach
Max Holloway: 5'11 71 inch reach
Marcus Brimage: 5'4 71 inch reach

shit Nate is at least 6'0

I have to agree. Nick has eaten full clip shots from Paul my-hands-hurt-everyone Daley. He has some insane ability to absorb punishment and come back to swarm.

Nate is very tough and has taken some good shots, but he's not his brother.

Nate took a full on bomb from Melvin Guillard who is p4p one of the hardest punchers in the sport, got dropped and was fine immediately. 99.9% of people in the world would have been ko'd immediately from that head kick he ate from Thomson.

Which is why Michael Johnson landed all those bombs everyone knew he would.
I don't remember Johnson landing many "bombs".

After Nates fight with Johnson:

"Nate tooled him, outclassed, MJ was a child against a man, couldn't reach his face, beaten by the superior striker."

Before Conor fight:

"If Johnson could tag him at will."

"If Johnson could land all those bombs."

Sherdog gonna sherdog

Diaz will sub him.

Edit: wrong thread lol.

Nates got good boxing and he judges distance really well, his length gives a lot of guys trouble because when they think they are out of rage he throws a jab straight and lands. He also has good timing on counters, he catches guys with his right hook all the time when they're coming in. He is insanely accurate and faster than he looks.

Last edited:
Sherdog is the place to go if you want a bunch of useless information passed off as “telling” or “proof”.

No it's just food for thought. Thinking about fights i'm excited for in my head are my mental "breaks" during the day. It's all fun. I apologize for making this thread mjmj--please don't allow it to ruin your day.

Nate took a full on bomb from Melvin Guillard who is p4p one of the hardest punchers in the sport, got dropped and was fine immediately. 99.9% of people in the world would have been ko'd immediately from that head kick he ate from Thomson.

I agree but the question wasn't 'does Nate have a good chin?' because most everyone will say yes.

The question was 'does Nate have a chin like his brother?' and my opinion is no, he doesn't. Nick has some insane ability to absorb punishment.

I agree but the question wasn't 'does Nate have a good chin?' because most everyone will say yes.

The question was 'does Nate have a chin like his brother?' and my opinion is no, he doesn't. Nick has some insane ability to absorb punishment.

I disagree, they are on the same level in that respect imo.

He's actually not lol, all you gotta do is look at the post above yours.

At best they are the same height.
He's actually not lol, all you gotta do is look at the post above yours.

At best they are the same height.

Yes that's Erin

Seriously those pics are off, Nate just looks taller cause he's so damn skinny.

You really have to ask that? All main events have been 5 rounds for 5+ years.....
Not on Sherdog buddy. Maybe in some real world out there where MMA fans follow MMA.... but that shit doesn't fly here on Sherdog.....

Conor has a decent reach too, and is a big LW.
I don't believe Nate's reach will make too much of a difference.
Conor's leg kicks and spinning back kicks will make a difference.....

No, he's not a big LW. He's average and will be nearly 4 inches shorter than nate, a guy who fights tall and knows how to use his height to his advantage.

Don't let the 2" reach advantage deceive you, height is more important to functional reach than arm length.

The fact that people can't see how conor's counter punching style will be handicapped when facing a guy who can jab him in face while remaining out of reach makes me want to put a huge bet on this fight.

The same people that think this will be a cakewalk for conor would have picked MJ to walk through nate as well.

Yea like I could be wrong but when I watch him fight I don't see him keep distance a lot with jabs. He throws a lot of crosses and stuff but you kinda sacrifice your reach distance with the way that strike is thrown. I'd be more than happy to check out some fights where he uses his reach well if you wouldn't mind driving me with some examples.

He is not 6' either, maybe 6'1" or right at 6'2".

Yea like I could be wrong but when I watch him fight I don't see him keep distance a lot with jabs. He throws a lot of crosses and stuff but you kinda sacrifice your reach distance with the way that strike is thrown. I'd be more than happy to check out some fights where he uses his reach well if you wouldn't mind driving me with some examples.
The prime example is the Michael Johnson fight. I've never seen an MMA fighter swing and miss so much and that consistently from beginning to end. And this all had to do with Diaz being in range to land his shots, but just out of range of Johnson's punches.

Back