Nate Diaz's coach talks McGregor fight

I dont know if he is on roids but I'd be willing to bet he, as well as nearly every other fighter, are on the strongest legal stuff possible. It is just so strange that fighters look like they do now a days and if you look at a body building comp from pre-modern science, men look way softer than your softest MMA fighters.
Not true.

These are physiques from the early 1900s, so before steriods even existed. Men were able to look like this with relatively shit diets and shit training regimes.

index.php

images

Great. Now the 5% chance I thought Diaz had just went out the window.

Diaz's high volume low power style on 1/3rd of his usual gas tank will make for a short night for Nate.

Diaz's best chance is to take the fight to his opponent's weakness, go for the clinch and try to get a TD, then a sub with those lanky limbs. Nate is very good at catching guys in transitions, something that is very hard to train for if you are not high level BJJ.

FWIW, I honestly don't see Nate as very confident with this fight. He doesn't seem to really want to win, only just collect his paycheck, his new 4 fight deal, and call it a day.
When dealing with this kind of money, Im sure he could care less. He is making something like 1 mil, where as his previous contract was like 30k or some shit. He will make more this fight than practically all his other fights put together.

Additionally, it will greatly raise his profile, just as his bros profile was raised from GSP. If he decides to go to Rizin or Bellator, he will surely make more, even if he gets blown out. Strangely, Nick was always the bigger draw but Nate ended up with the bigger fight between them. It will definitely outsell anything Nick was part of.

The Diaz bros are like the luckiest fighters ever. They could lose 10 straight and still be top draws owing to their in fight antics. Who says it doesn't pay for antics? W/ out antics, Chael would be a bum, Conor wouldn't even be in the UFC and the Diaz bros would be in WSOF.

Joe Schilling said in a recent interview that Nate is 185 pounds...

Layze the Savage who is a good friend of the Diaz bros and was present at the negotations was tweeting that Nate wanted a catchweight...

This coach is fucking lying...
His coach is lying but Joe isn't. I see. Whatever suits your needs, right?

Would anyone be overly surprised if Conor gets busted for roids at some point in his career?

Anyone?
Yes very. He aint a cheater like anderson silva, hector lombard, yoel romero and those kind of people ;)

His coach is lying but Joe isn't. I see. Whatever suits your needs, right?
His coach is lying because:

1) what he says about weight cutting makes no sense

2) See the tweets by Nate's friend

Joe has no reason to lie and his story is consistent with reality. Nate wanted a catchweight of 165 so him being 185 sounds about right. He wouldnt need a catchweight of 165 if he was already 170...

I am not sure what you are trying to say?

I just posted pictures from bodybuilder from the pre-steroids that are ripped.

That there were also less ripped ones is obvious if that is what you are trying to get at?

But you should also note that this was done when there was little known about diet and weight lifting. If that guy in the picture you posted lived in this time, he could look much better with modern info on diet and weight training. etc

Conor said aloud twice i think in front of nate that nate wanted it at 165 and conor told him to get comfortable and make it 170 and nate said nothing about been able to make 155

His coach is lying because:

1) what he says about weight cutting makes no sense

2) See the tweets by Nate's friend

Joe has no reason to lie and his story is consistent with reality. Nate wanted a catchweight of 165 so him being 185 sounds about right. He wouldnt need a catchweight of 165 if he was already 170...
Nate and his coach both said they wanted to fight at 155 from the beginning. If you want to call them liars based on some guy's tweet, its your choice. But dont state it as a fact.

I heard they're not with Cesar Gracie anymore. I bet Cesar's kicking himself right now.

Conor said aloud twice i think in front of nate that nate wanted it at 165 and conor told him to get comfortable and make it 170 and nate said nothing about been able to make 155
Nate said he wanted this fight to happen at 155 from the beginning and Conor said nothing.

Lol ur and idiot, being 15lbs a week form the fight isn't a bad cut at all, once he starts cutting water wait he can cut 10lbs in a day. The other five is on big deal
How does that make me an idiot, he thinks nate can make the cut and Conor can't even though conor cuts to 145 regularly?

Would anyone be overly surprised if Conor gets busted for roids at some point in his career?

Anyone?
Nope.

Perez thinks that the reason Conor said they should fight at 170 and not 155 is because he couldn't make the weight himself. Now that is one strange theory.
If Conor is sitting at 180, maybe he put on too much mass to cut to 155 comfortably. Wouldn't it be funny if he puts himself in the same situation of having to cut too much weight at 155, despite moving up a weight class?

Nate and his coach both said they wanted to fight at 155 from the beginning. If you want to call them liars based on some guy's tweet, its your choice. But dont state it as a fact.
So conor who was supposed to fight RDA at 155 can't make 155 for nate even though he fights at 145 , does that make sense to anyone.

The coach doesnt know what he is talking about though; you just have to listen to what he says about weight cutting to notice that.

Also, Nate didnt say he wanted 155 from the beginning. He only said that he was ready to fight. This is the exact quote from the UFC 196 presser:

"They asked me to fight and I said yes -- from the beginning," Diaz said. "So whatever problems they had, I don't know. But I came ready to fight. Any weight class, it didn't matter. There was no hesitation on my part. I was ready to rock the whole time. I said it a few months ago."

Last edited:
Not a Conor fan, but him putting on muscle isn't fishy. It's probably muscle memory, he's putting back on muscle mass he once had on frame that he probably lost due to fighting at featherweight.

I hate to break it to you, but Muscle Memory doesn't mean what you think it means.

Anyone?

No but I wouldn't be surprised if any fighter got busted since PEDs are so prevalent.

Back