Nate Diaz's coach doubts Conor would've made 155, agrees he's on steroids

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
New interview with Nate Diaz's coach Richard Perez over the weekend on Submission Radio

Some Topics Covered:
-Nate's current level of fitness and training going into the fight
-his weight and what he's on
-the trashtalk between the two at the recent press conference
-if Conor is in Nate's head
-Nate being motivated by trash talk, like in Cerrone fight
-what advantages he has over McGregor and how he sees the fight going
-Nate claiming that McGregor and the whole UFC is on steroids
-his suspicions over Conor's increased size and wanting the fight at welterweight
-if he's worried about Nate's Marijuana use considering how close the fight is

Some Quotes:

What weight Nate Diaz is currently sitting on

“He’s right there, 171-170 (pounds)”.

If it was possible for Nate to make 155

“Oh yeah. I mean, knowing Nathan, yeah, yeah. But I like it better now that he’s more comfortable - for me anyway - but for him, yeah he would have done it.”

If Nate will struggle like Chad Mendes, taking the McGregor fight on such short notice

“He was trying to cut the weight [Chad Mendes]. See that’s the big difference. I mean sure, two weeks’ notice is pretty short, but I mean as far as the weight too, that helps a lot. You know, it makes a big difference, believe me. Because when you’re cutting weight, you’re fighting yourself already. In two weeks, it’s a loss. You have to really struggle. But when you’re not, then you’re fine. He’s still got two weeks. He’s gonna focus on it, you know, and we’ll see what happens when he gets in the ring and see how good it is. But we just gotta focus on that, and we’re not stressed out on it. You just do it.”

On if Conor McGregor’s trash talk had any effect on Diaz after the press conference

“Oh he loves it. It just builds Nathan up. It just pumps him up more.”

If Richard Perez agrees with Nate Diaz’s comments about everyone in the UFC being on steroids, including Conor McGregor

“Oh I sure do believe that, heck yeah. Some guys, they get busted - and to be honest with you, I know McGregor has got to be on some kind of steroids, he’s pretty big. And then all of a sudden [he’s] jumping to 170? Yeah there’s no way, cause I mean, he was supposed to be fighting at 155. So if you think about it, he was focusing on training at 155. He only had two weeks to go. And all of a sudden he’s gonna jump to 170? So no, there’s something going on. But still, I mean, we’re still gonna fight and that’s all there is to it.”

If there’s anything else that makes Richard think Conor McGregor is on steroids

“Well you know, when Nathan mentioned it to him he got defensive, he got angry. If somebody would have told me that I was fighting and he told me, you know, steroids, I would laugh and say, ‘yeah give me some more steroids, heck yeah, ah ha sure’. But he got defensive and mad, you know, “I’m not on steroids, I’m not on steroids”. You know, he was like trying to defend himself. So that, just his actions and the way he talked is…there’s something behind that.”

If McGregor’s recent size gains are simply from not having to make 145, as opposed to steroids

“Well, all I know is that he was supposed to fight at 155, and for some reason I don’t think he would have made the weight, because he was trying to go to 165 and then he went to 170. So think about it. If you see that, you would think he had two more weeks to go, he would be close to 155 and stay on that, you know, or go to 160. But he didn’t, he jumped to 170. So that’s kinda shady right there.”

On McGregor requesting to fight at 170 because he couldn’t make the weight and not because of Nate Diaz

“Right, that’s what I’m saying, that McGregor couldn’t make the weight. Because he would have said ‘okay, let’s go to 160 or let’s go to 155,’ because Nathan was ready for it. And he didn’t [accept]. So then he jumped to 170. Why? I mean, two weeks ago - and you know, if you’re a fighter and you’ve been training for two months or so and you’re already cutting your weight down, so in two weeks you should be close to 155. But he’s at least five pounds over, you know. No. So all of a sudden 155 to 170? Oh boy, that’s a big jump. So there’s something fishy going on there.”

On Diaz’s striking advantage over McGregor

“Well the thing is, [in] the striking department, Nate is a lot better when he’s in good shape and not injured or anything. So when it comes to the night of the fight, McGregor’s going to be shocked.”

If McGregor is the most dangerous striker Nate has ever faced

“McGregor is a good striker. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s not, but Nathan’s better. I mean, when Nathan’s on his gameplan he’ll make him look silly."

On if Richard is worried about Nate failing and marijuana drug tests leading into this fight

“Nah, I’m not worried about it.”

“I mean, I don’t get into personal business, so I don’t know if he was doing it or not, but he doesn’t seem like he’s worried about it. You know, he’s training like he’s going to fight. So I mean, if it did, then he would say something. But he didn’t say anything to me.”

There have already been 3 or more threads made about it bro.

With that said, thanks for the weekly interviews.

Old man has a screw loose.

The same old bullshit every trainer says before a fight, I dunno why the hell they still make those interviews.

He is all over the place when he's talking about Nates weight, he's not very credible.

Shocking amount of bullshit he spewed there, and all in just one interview..

And i am not even a such a big Conor fan.

He is all over the place when he's talking about Nates weight, he's not very credible.
Here is a video of Nate himself talking about the weight.

Nate says that when they first called him he agreed to 155 but only if they payed him extra, they didnt want to.

Then when they called him the next day, he told them that since they wanna play games he will only do it on a catch weight. Or at least that is what I understood. His ramblings are incoherent.

Shocking amount of bullshit he spewed there, and all in just one interview..

And i am not even a such a big Conor fan.
He didnt seem to know anything about weight cutting;

-Conor should be only 5 pounds over 155 2 weeks before the fight
-How can someone at 145 fight so quicky at 170

These are things an mma casual would say.

says that Rafael dos Anjos is on steroids although he hasn't been caught, says that Conor isn't on steroids because he hasn't been caught. - McGregor fan

Should have called him out on Jake and Gil, too.

This guy sounds like an idiot. He has zero basis to make a claim like McGregor wasn't going to make the 155 lbs limit. He's always made 145, how the hell would he miss 155?

If some one accused me of doing something I wasn't, that could tarnish my name, id be pissed too.

says that Rafael dos Anjos is on steroids although he hasn't been caught, says that Conor isn't on steroids because he hasn't been caught. - McGregor fan
Someone who has looked and performed the same will get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Those that resurgences and body changes I question.
If some one accused me of doing something I wasn't, that could tarnish my name, id be pissed too.
I dont get this whole "if you didnt do it you wouldnt get mad" rethoric.

A lot of people I know and admittedly myself get upset exactly when we get accused when we didnt do nuthin.

Interesting, but really proves nothing other than Nate probably will have his shit together come fight night. Simply because not having to make that big weight cut in two weeks takes a ton of pressure off.

Didn't this guy get fucked over by Nick "the cheapskate" Diaz?

Does he just train Nate now?

Someone who has looked and performed the same will get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Those that resurgences and body changes I question.

I dont get this whole "if you didnt do it you wouldnt get mad" rethoric.

A lot of people I know and admittedly myself get upset exactly when we get accused when we didnt do nuthin.

Could also mean one guy has always been using, and guy just started using. Basically it's all speculation.

Nate says that when they first called him he agreed to 155 but only if they payed him extra, they didnt want to.

Yes and no, I'm sure that the UFC was willing to pay him extra but maybe not the amount he was asking.
Number one rule in promoting a fight has been to never say anything that reduces the credibility of the fight, and I believe that Nate simply can't tell us the truth about what kind of negotiation he had with the UFC unless he breaks that rule. I can imagine the conversation going something like this:

Nate: I want 3 million to fight at 155, I could make the weight, but I will not be in any shape to fight properly, you're basically asking me to show up to loose in humiliating fashion. It will cost you if you want me to do that.
UFC: nope, 3 million is a figure in a fantasy land, we are willing to pay you 1m.
Nate: No way in hell I'm willing to lose my reputation for just 1m. But I'm willing to fight at 160 for 2.5m. You're still asking me to lose but at 160 I could put up a fight at least.
UFC: still too high. 1.25m
Nate: 165 and 2m, I have at least a chance at winning then.
UFC: Conor says you can fight at 170 and 1.5million is our final offer.
Nate: ok.

Wait, nearly everything he said didn't make any sense.

“Well, all I know is that he was supposed to fight at 155, and for some reason I don’t think he would have made the weight, because he was trying to go to 165 and then he went to 170. So think about it. If you see that, you would think he had two more weeks to go, he would be close to 155 and stay on that, you know, or go to 160. But he didn’t, he jumped to 170. So that’s kinda shady right there.”
For 'some' reason Perez didn't think Conor would make 155 (seems legit). What reason? Tuition? He just had a 'feeling' about it? It's pretty obvious from the press conference that McGregor only suggested to fight at 170 because Diaz kept pushing the catchweight up. Connor has made 145 a bunch of times without fault, why would 155 suddenly be a problem?

"Connor must be on steroids because he went from 145 to agreeing to fight at 170"
It's well known that Conor killed himself making 145, he put on considerable size going to 155 for Dos Anjos, and only agreed to 170 because Diaz couldn't agree to 155. Nothing about that reeks of steroids.

"So all of a sudden 155 to 170? Oh boy, that’s a big jump. So there’s something fishy going on there.”

Again, it's pretty well documented that Diaz is the one who couldn't (or wouldn't) make 155 and wanted a catch weight. They're fighting at 170 because of Diaz - Perez knows this. Diaz talked about it in a fucking interview. Do these idiots even talk to each other?

It's like anyone even remotely affiliated with a Diaz doesn't make any sense by default. What a twit.

Back