Nate Diaz's chin will be RockSolid absent the weight cut; Diaz will Surprise you.

why do you care , even Conor dont give a f...k , he is his own weight category.
and why do you expect Nate to make 155 in 10 days ,
they called him,he didnt ask and now they met where Nate wanted to
I don't care. I don't expect Nate to make 155 in 10 days.

You misunderstood my post. I was disputing the idea that this fight is only at WW so that Conor can still go for the LW title if he loses. That isn't the reason at all.

Conor haters told me you can't get hit too many times because your are going to end like Liddell. Looks like it doesn't work for Nate and Nick.

Conor is going to KO him.
Doubtful Conors punches can if Rory and Melvin punches couldn't. Josh hit him with a headkick and a shin hits a lot harder than a punch can. I guess it's possible Conor could but it's very unlikely.

Doubtful Conors punches can if Rory and Melvin punches couldn't. Josh hit him with a headkick and a shin hits a lot harder than a punch can. I guess it's possible Conor could but it's very unlikely.

I'm not thinking he will do that with a left. I think this will be his first KO by kick. But with a punch can happen too. He is too precise and has good power on it so it can always happen.

Nate's chin might hold but his doughy body won't. Conor is gonna crumple his ass into the fetal position.

Sorry but that is absurd.

I am a HUGE Nate Diaz fan and anyone with a brain who follows MMA knows Nate was the easiest matchup out of the pool of available fighters. He's the one guy in the pack who literally cannot wrestle and is the least physically imposing.

Khabib, Ferguson and Alvarez all would have gladly signed this fight and are all more deserving than Nate.

Nate was just in Hawaii and on vacation (look at his Instagram and Facebook) and hasn't sparred since December. He's taking this fight off the couch and is the easiest fight of the bunch.

Nate is arguably the easiest payday available.

They would have glady signed yes, but two of the three are booked up.

On your advice, I just looked at his instagram. He posted a pic two weeks ago in boxing shoes & hand wraps:

Neither one has to cut so conor will be stronger than ever too. At the end of the day it's who you think has more skill power cardio etc. Conor wins this 4/5 times IMO.

Obvious KOs can happen and Conor could leave his arm out there for a sub or something but Nate is just an inferior athlete and fighter.

Nate has a great chin but so what? Conor has way more power and better accuracy. He definitely has the power to put him away. I just hope Nate actually comes in with a gameplan and tries to get him down for the sub.

The problem is who is going to give him the game plan for Conor and how can he learn and practice it in a few days? The Diaz brothers are sort of notorious for just showing up and fighting aren't they? I wouldn't place them high on the list of game planners. This is the primary reason why Condit was able to out point Nick. No back up plan. Still though, you would think that with Nate's boxing background he better know the important stuff, like circling to his left to avoid Conor's big weapon, rather than to the right which was the mistake Bisping made when he got H-Bombed, he circled into the power shot of Hendo. Then you have the problem that Nate likes to stand and bang and that can't be to his advantage. I would suspect McGregor is going to want to kick his body alot in rounds 1 and 2.

Wp7gJCc.jpg

The problem is who is going to give him the game plan for Conor and how can he learn and practice it in a few days? The Diaz brothers are sort of notorious for just showing up and fighting aren't they? I wouldn't place them high on the list of game planners. This is the primary reason why Condit was able to out point Nick. No back up plan. Still though, you would think that with Nate's boxing background he better know the important stuff, like circling to his left to avoid Conor's big weapon, rather than to the right which was the mistake Bisping made when he got H-Bombed, he circled into the power shot of Hendo. Then you have the problem that Nate likes to stand and bang and that can't be to his advantage. I would suspect McGregor is going to want to kick his body alot in rounds 1 and 2.
That's the problem, his camp is just terrible at game planning. They let their fighters just fight whatever kind of fight they want to fight, regardless of the opponent. If it doesn't work, blame the other guy for not fighting the way you wanted him to. It's a ridiculously old school mindset. If he works a clinch heavy game plan he would have a chance, but there's a slim chance he decides to fight that way on his own imo.

That's the problem, his camp is just terrible at game planning. They let their fighters just fight whatever kind of fight they want to fight, regardless of the opponent. If it doesn't work, blame the other guy for not fighting the way you wanted him to. It's a ridiculously old school mindset. If he works a clinch heavy game plan he would have a chance, but there's a slim chance he decides to fight that way on his own imo.

I would like to see him use his reach and boxing skills to circle out and drag McGregor into the later rounds but as you say, with a Diaz fight you sorta get what you get. Pettis, Khabib, Cowboy, etc. were ready to jump on this fight and all got turned down so its pretty obvious they felt Nate was the most favorable match up. Nate doesn't have KO power in his hands and won't try to wrestle.

I would like to see him use his reach and boxing skills to circle out and drag McGregor into the later rounds but as you say, with a Diaz fight you sorta get what you get. Pettis, Khabib, Cowboy, etc. were ready to jump on this fight and all got turned down so its pretty obvious they felt Nate was the most favorable match up. Nate doesn't have KO power in his hands and won't try to wrestle.
They went out of their way to find the guy that wasn't in shape for a fight. Pretty obvious what their agenda is. I think he should focus on the clinch but he never fights that way so not likely.

Back