Nate Diaz's chin will be RockSolid absent the weight cut; Diaz will Surprise you.

It is far from absurd. A diaz brother on 2 minutes notice is a stupid dangerous fight.

Are you playing dumb? It's not dangerous when you've had a 10 week training camp and Nate is coming off the couch out of shape. That is by definition the most advantageous time to fight somebody.

Especially if you plan to fight a stand up fight with one.

You are playing dumb. Conor is the elite striker with a bad wrestling game. He's the guy who knocked out P4P great and decade-long champion Jose Aldo with his signature left hand.

Everyone knows Conor is comfortable on his feet and questionable off his back, suffering the only danger he's had in the Octagon under a wrestler who ran out of gas.

They picked Nate because 1) he can't wrestle and 2) he's not prepared for the fight

Conor could easily get outlanded while Nate backpedals and gives him the ole 1-2 til the bell rings. You could look up at the end of the fight and see Nate landed twice as many strikes. Its what they do.

Nate hasn't sparred since December and posted pictures from his trip to Hawaii this month. He couldn't even make 160lbs, he's not remotely ready for this fight. He won't have the gas tank you are used to seeing when he's prepared for months.

Do I think that it is the most likely outcome, No. But I do believe that of the available options edgar/aldo/cerrone... Nate was the most dangerous matchup.

Then you are terrible at understanding MMA match making. Edgar and Aldo are featherweights who were both unavailable.

Everyone with two brain cells to rub together know that Khabib was a nightmare matchup for Conor and was flat out told 'no' you can't have this fight. Despite being undefeated and having already beaten the current champion.

Ferguson and Alvarez were also both available and bad match ups.

Then you have Nate, who is the - wait for it - the only guy in the group who can't wrestle, and coming off vacation and no training. Real mystery how that got booked.

Conor being called a duck is ridiculous as fuck... he was scheduled to fight RDA ffs.

Not Conor's fault these Brazilian "champions" can't make it to fight night.

Are you playing dumb? It's not dangerous when you've had a 10 week training camp and Nate is coming off the couch out of shape. That is by definition the most advantageous time to fight somebody.

You are playing dumb. Conor is the elite striker with a bad wrestling game. He's the guy who knocked out P4P great and decade-long champion Jose Aldo with his signature left hand.

Everyone knows Conor is comfortable on his feet and questionable off his back, suffering the only danger he's had in the Octagon under a wrestler who ran out of gas.

They picked Nate because 1) he can't wrestle and 2) he's not prepared for the fight

Nate hasn't sparred since December and posted pictures from his trip to Hawaii this month. He couldn't even make 160lbs, he's not remotely ready for this fight. He won't have the gas tank you are used to seeing when he's prepared for months.

Then you are terrible at understanding MMA match making. Edgar and Aldo are featherweights who were both unavailable.

Everyone with two brain cells to rub together know that Khabib was a nightmare matchup for Conor and was flat out told 'no' you can't have this fight. Despite being undefeated and having already beaten the current champion.

Ferguson and Alvarez were also both available and bad match ups.

Then you have Nate, who is the - wait for it - the only guy in the group who can't wrestle, and coming off vacation and no training. Real mystery how that got booked.

An "out of shape" diaz brother that does not have to cut weight is a better conditioned athlete than 99% of mma fighters.

Nate Diaz is a sparring partner for Andre Ward when he is getting ready for a fight. He can straight up throw hands. Conor has never faced someone with this skillset.

Even if Conor McGregor is the likely victor it is comical to view Nate Diaz as an easy fight.

Nate Diaz will be the largest opponent with the best pure boxing that Conor McGregor has fought in the UFC bar none.

The UFC and Conor think like you think: Nate Diaz is an easy payday. I disagree so fucking hard. Maybe I'll be absolutely wrong. We will see come fight night.

Khabib and Ferguson are booked to fight in the main event on FOX. The winner will be getting a title shot. They are not available.

Alvarez is not going to get the shot after two boring ass fights. The last thing they want is a record number of people tuning in to see Eddie hold Conor against the cage and rabbit punch him for 5 rounds.

Again just our silly opinions.

Nates been looking a little more miscular too so not having to cut much is going to make a huge impact.

cant see how nate wins this, and he's one of my favorite fighters. If he somehow pulls it off, it would probably be my most favorite mma moment ever.

Didn't read but I bet when nate gets kod people will say his chin wasnt camp ready

Nate doesn't fold when he takes a shot like Siver, Brandao and Porier did. Took him two rounds to finish 5'7" Denis Siver who is nowhere near Nate in skill level. I hope Nate eats his left hand and laughs at him lol
Yeah, because he couldn't have finished Siver any sooner. It's not like he was completely dominating him.

The reason the fight is at WW is so the lightweight strap is still in play if Conor loses as well as a feeling out process at 170. Nate didn't negotiate his way out of a weight cut. I agree with this being a closer fight than the odds suggest especially at 170.

Somebody with a brain! ^

That's exactly why they're doing it at WW and it's ridiculous so many people are saying it's somehow Nate's doing. Even short-notice Nate is probably gonna piece Conor up badly. And when that happens, it's "well Conor is a true 145lb'er and he went up too far to 170. But hey he can still fight RDA for the 155 belt." And win or lose with Nate, Conor WILL still fight for the 155 strap. That's a highly promotable fight and they're not gonna give that up.

This fight is stupid dangerous for mcgregor. Mad respect for him taking it with nothing on the line.

True. Conor's a warrior no doubt. I don't think he'll beat Diaz but I respect the hell out of him for having that Chuck Liddell mentality of "fuckit I'll fight whoever." That attitude is why those kind of fighters have fans.

I hope Nate eats his left hand and laughs at him lol

lol that's exactly what will happen, too. Nate will eat it like a pancake and laugh and call him a bitch and slap him. Conor will smile too and try not to shrink in the moment, but he will start to be noticably demoralized. Then he'll throw a hard leg kick, but surprise surprise, he'll eat a straight right to the mouth for it. And it'll all be downhill from there. It's gonna be a straight Stockton ass whoopin.

Good point TS.
Combined with Conor suddenly fighting with more weight in the octagon.

IM EXCITED

Yeah, because he couldn't have finished Siver any sooner. It's not like he was completely dominating him.

He was, but that was a scared, 5'7'' inch fighter who was beaten before they even stepped in there. He offered little resistance other than taking Conor down a few times.

cant see how nate wins this, and he's one of my favorite fighters. If he somehow pulls it off, it would probably be my most favorite mma moment ever.

If he wins, I think it will look like the Nick Diaz/Robbie Lawler KO.

Sherdog needs more Conor on Diaz fan crime.

Bullshit. You're projecting your own weakness onto Conor/UFC.

It's at WW because Nate can't make 155, therefore this can't be for a title, therefore weight class is unimportant, and it'd be better for niether to cut weight.

Conor isn't fighting for the LW title if he loses to Nate, regardless of how many pounds they weigh in at.
why do you care , even Conor dont give a f...k , he is his own weight category.
and why do you expect Nate to make 155 in 10 days ,
they called him,he didnt ask and now they met where Nate wanted to

It sounds more like wishes... I'm always for surprises, but it sounds very hard to achieve

Connor is going to be stunned when he tags Nate with his left bomb and Nate laughs and continues to smack talk.

'Rock solid' would surprise me, in a nice way.

Punch resistance is greatly undermined by fatigue (taking a fight at 10 days notice) and accurate, powerful punches.

Conor haters told me you can't get hit too many times because your are going to end like Liddell. Looks like it doesn't work for Nate and Nick.

Conor is going to KO him.

Connor is going to be stunned when he tags Nate with his left bomb and Nate laughs and continues to smack talk.

we will see! this will be interesting. Plus even if he does eat the left at first,he cant eat that left all night. When Thompson continually landed the head kick i thought,fuck.he cant KEEP taking that,as tough as he is,and look at what happened. So yes maybe he can eat the left and laugh but he cant eat it all night.

Back