Nate Diaz's chin will be RockSolid absent the weight cut; Diaz will Surprise you.

3f2.gif
You should have. He made a positive point to the legitimicy of the main event.

Hope you're right TS. Just wanna see a competetive fight

Was just sparking up convo. I'm looking for a date bro. Relax. I can take no for an answer.

Banworthy IMO, passive aggressive homophobia. But you do your thing as long as it's allowed I guess. You obviously don't have what it takes to engage in an upfront war of words. :D funnily enough most Connie fans seem to be that way when they aren't merely quoting him. Nothing original to say.

Nate's chin never was the problem. Its his inability to adapt to his opponents and lack of motivation.

Banworthy IMO, passive aggressive homophobia. But you do your thing as long as it's allowed I guess. You obviously don't have what it takes to engage in an upfront war of words. :D funnily enough most Connie fans seem to be that way when they aren't merely quoting him. Nothing original to say.
Passive aggressive??? I was upfront about being gay. Nothing homophobic about it. But I can see that you are homophobic and its offensive to me. Whose Connie?

Nate has a great chin but so what? Conor has way more power and better accuracy. He definitely has the power to put him away. I just hope Nate actually comes in with a gameplan and tries to get him down for the sub.

I agree Mike.

Don't be thick headed and just stand and bang the entire time, because anything can happen (we've seen it all before)

The Diaz brothers have sick Jits and they need to exploit that weakness in this fight..

I would love to see Diaz rear-naked McDonalds for a submission victory.

I agree Mike.

Don't be thick headed and just stand and bang the entire time, because anything can happen (we've seen it all before)

The Diaz brothers have sick Jits and they need to exploit that weakness in this fight..

I would love to see Diaz rear-naked McDonalds for a submission victory.
I really want Nate to win and I think he has the tools to do it, but he has to dive for takedowns all night. I don't know if dat Stockton life will let him do it

I really want Nate to win and I think he has the tools to do it, but he has to dive for takedowns all night. I don't know if dat Stockton life will let him do it

I'd like him to get this win as well. It'd be a good look for his fight resume.

I'm not sure how much harder Conor hits than other guys Nate has already fought. Sure, Diaz can stand and bang and knock him out but to me that seems like the dumbest way to go about it.

Use that Jits. Even a triangle and Conor tapping to it would be awesome

I'd like him to get this win as well. It'd be a good look for his fight resume.

I'm not sure how much harder Conor hits than other guys Nate has already fought. Sure, Diaz can stand and bang and knock him out but to me that seems like the dumbest way to go about it.

Use that Jits. Even a triangle and Conor tapping to it would be awesome
The thing that worries me is the Diaz bros have horrible movement. I mean Josh fucking Thompson beat his ass, you know? And lucky charms is more accurate and hits harder then Thompson does. If he chases him around flatfooted he's going to sleep, the only question is how long it'll take. He needs to get him in the clinch and make it dirty, try to get judo throws and takedowns. He never fights like that though, so I'm worried.

The thing that worries me is the Diaz bros have horrible movement. I mean Josh fucking Thompson beat his ass, you know? And lucky charms is more accurate and hits harder then Thompson does. If he chases him around flatfooted he's going to sleep, the only question is how long it'll take. He needs to get him in the clinch and make it dirty, try to get judo throws and takedowns. He never fights like that though, so I'm worried.

I like Thompson, I think he is an underrated guy. He's been in there with the best of them. so I don't consider that a bad loss for Nate. Josh is a respected fighter.

And yeah I agree Mike, make it an ugly fight. Clinch, use his toughness, and try for trips and takedowns.

The reason the fight is at WW is so the lightweight strap is still in play if Conor loses as well as a feeling out process at 170. Nate didn't negotiate his way out of a weight cut. I agree with this being a closer fight than the odds suggest especially at 170.

Can't agree with the LW belt still being in play. If Nate wins, Conor will have lost to a LW contender and be eliminated from challenging for the LW title.

Edit: I had a big thing all typed out but it isn't worth getting banned before two great events like we got coming.

Last edited:
I like Thompson, I think he is an underrated guy. He's been in there with the best of them. so I don't consider that a bad loss for Nate. Josh is a respected fighter.

And yeah I agree Mike, make it an ugly fight. Clinch, use his toughness, and try for trips and takedowns.
Yeah I like Thompson he's a great fighter, it's more that he isn't known for having big power. The fact that he was able to tko a guy known for toughness with relative ease is troubling. All he needed was a smart game plan based on movement, angles, and countering. If he could do that to him what is a pure counter striker going to do?

Unfortunately Nate's camp is garbage at game planning. If he comes in with a game plan around the clinch and tds he would really have a chance to win imo. I hope he inexplicably pulls it off, lucky charms fans are pretty annoying.

Sorry but that is absurd.

I am a HUGE Nate Diaz fan and anyone with a brain who follows MMA knows Nate was the easiest matchup out of the pool of available fighters. He's the one guy in the pack who literally cannot wrestle and is the least physically imposing.

Khabib, Ferguson and Alvarez all would have gladly signed this fight and are all more deserving than Nate.

Nate was just in Hawaii and on vacation (look at his Instagram and Facebook) and hasn't sparred since December. He's taking this fight off the couch and is the easiest fight of the bunch.

Nate is arguably the easiest payday available.

It is far from absurd. A diaz brother on 2 minutes notice is a stupid dangerous fight.

Especially if you plan to fight a stand up fight with one.

Conor could easily get outlanded while Nate backpedals and gives him the ole 1-2 til the bell rings. You could look up at the end of the fight and see Nate landed twice as many strikes. Its what they do.

Do I think that it is the most likely outcome, No. But I do believe that of the available options edgar/aldo/cerrone... Nate was the most dangerous matchup.

Conor could have looked more like a boss not taking the fight and just bitching about people not wanting to fight him. Now he has to dominate Diaz or people will be questioning his legitimacy at a title shot at 155.

WELL if weight cutting affects the solidity of your chin as you are suggesting then Conor has the P4P most solid chin in the UFC and POSSIBLY THE WORLD!!! haha. Like made of some kinda of meteorite shit! Because he absolutely ATE Mendes' bombs in their fight and that was undoubtedly the worst weight cut he's had...he looked terrible leading in and during that fight, and he walked through Mendes' bombs at two weight classes below the weight they will be fighting at.

However I don't think that weight cutting really comes in to the equation too much when it comes to your chin. Well unless you're Sage and you could shave a few lbs off your chin like a baked ham.

WELL if weight cutting affects the solidity of your chin as you are suggesting then Conor has the P4P most solid chin in the UFC and POSSIBLY THE WORLD!!! haha. Like made of some kinda of meteorite shit! Because he absolutely ATE Mendes' bombs in their fight and that was undoubtedly the worst weight cut he's had...he looked terrible leading in and during that fight, and he walked through Mendes' bombs at two weight classes below the weight they will be fighting at.

However I don't think that weight cutting really comes in to the equation too much when it comes to your chin. Well unless you're Sage and you could shave a few lbs off your chin like a baked ham.

I've always been under the impression that cutting is often a factor in durability and cardio. I don't spend a heck of a lot of time studying MMA fights and records, so I'm just going off what I heard. In my limited knowledge, it does seem that some fighters competing at their natural/"walking around" weight can take some serious shots without breaking. Then again, plenty of weight-cutters have also taken some gnarly beatings without shutting down.

Because of this match is at 170, I've been expecting BOTH of these guys to be more durable than ever. I just hope they both go for a finish (Conor by KO or Nate by sub.) It would be disappointing if they coasted to the payday. I like both of them, so I'm excited for either to win.

Back