Nate Diaz's chin will be RockSolid absent the weight cut; Diaz will Surprise you.

HealthyOmnivore

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Usually Diaz would have to cut down to 155, destroying and weakening his body in the process; impeding his prime performance. This time around his body will not have to suffer such a large weight cut. His performance will not be hindered as much, especially since the recent IV ban, which makes getting back up to a healthy weight after a tough weight cut extremely difficult.

You may argue that 10 days of preparation is not enough to face someone as skilled as Mcgregor, while I agree with this argument, based on looking Diaz's Instagram posts and listening to the comments he made about being constantly called to fight Mcgregor, I believe Diaz has been preparing a lot more than just 10 days to fight Mcgregor. We all saw how motivated Diaz came in when he fought Johnson. Did his motivation just plummet and did he just stop training after the Johnson fight? No; I believe he spent the last couple of months training for Mcgregor.

Diaz also stated today that he was ready to fight Mcgregor at 155. Some may argue that Diaz clearly was not ready, hence the fight being at 170, but I believe that Diaz was just trying to get the most out of the fight as possible. If Diaz could negotiate his way into fighting at 170, which will allow him to perform a lot better and give him a big size advantage, why should he not? I believe people will start to take note of what I speak of during the weigh ins, and will become apparent during the fight.

3f2.gif

Usually Diaz would have to cut down to 155, destroying and weakening his body in the process; impeding his prime performance. This time around his body will not have to suffer such a large weight cut. His performance will not be hindered as much, especially since the recent IV ban, which makes getting back up to a healthy weight after a tough weight cut extremely difficult.

You may argue that 10 days of preparation is not enough to face someone as skilled as Mcgregor, while I agree with this argument, based on looking Diaz's Instagram posts and listening to the comments he made about being constantly called to fight Mcgregor, I believe Diaz has been preparing a lot more than just 10 days to fight Mcgregor. We all saw how motivated Diaz came in when he fought Johnson. Did his motivation just plummet and did he just stop training after the Johnson fight? No; I believe he spent the last couple of months training for Mcgregor.

Diaz also stated today that he was ready to fight Mcgregor at 155. Some may argue that Diaz clearly was not ready, hence the fight being at 170, but I believe that Diaz was just trying to get the most out of the fight as possible. If Diaz could negotiate his way into fighting at 170, which will allow him to perform a lot better and give him a big size advantage, why should he not? I believe people will start to take note of what I speak of during the weigh ins, and will become apparent during the fight.

i hope so as well but it feels like wishful thinking.

The reason the fight is at WW is so the lightweight strap is still in play if Conor loses as well as a feeling out process at 170. Nate didn't negotiate his way out of a weight cut. I agree with this being a closer fight than the odds suggest especially at 170.

Last edited:
This fight is stupid dangerous for mcgregor. Mad respect for him taking it with nothing on the line.

Nate doesn't fold when he takes a shot like Siver, Brandao and Porier did. Took him two rounds to finish 5'7" Denis Siver who is nowhere near Nate in skill level. I hope Nate eats his left hand and laughs at him lol

The reason the fight is at WW is so the lightweight strap is still in play if Conor loses. Nate didn't negotiate his way out of a weight cut. I agree with this being a closer fight than people think especially at that weight.
Bullshit. You're projecting your own weakness onto Conor/UFC.

It's at WW because Nate can't make 155, therefore this can't be for a title, therefore weight class is unimportant, and it'd be better for niether to cut weight.

Conor isn't fighting for the LW title if he loses to Nate, regardless of how many pounds they weigh in at.

Why not he would still be the Featherweight champ.
That was a bad fail on your part with the quotes.

He'd no longer be undefeated, be coming off a loss, and to a guy RDA destroyed no less. He wouldn't fight RDA for the title if he lost to Nate. That's not happening though

I'm not projecting any weakness onto Conor I'm putting money on him to win until he loses.
It'd be weak for the UFC to intentionally schedule the Conor/Nate fight above 155 just to preserve the Conor/RDA fight if Conor loses. They aren't doing that, for reasons I explained above:

"It's at WW because Nate can't make 155, therefore this can't be for a title, therefore weight class is unimportant, and it'd be better for niether to cut weight."

The reason the fight is at WW is so the lightweight strap is still in play if Conor loses as well as a feeling out process at 170. Nate didn't negotiate his way out of a weight cut. I agree with this being a closer fight than the odds suggest especially at 170.
This

People forget how notoriously difficult the Diaz bros are to finish.

Nate has what, almost 30 pro fights and he's been finished twice? One being his very first pro fight.

It's going to be interesting because Mcgegor is going to land often, but Diaz will continue to push forward. In the same way Conor sucks energy with body shots, Nate zaps opponents' energy with relentless barrages.

Conor will Outland Diaz handily the first couple rounds, possibly stunning/dropping him.

I'm curious to see what happens in the deeper rounds.

Even if Nate did make 155 u really think it would be for an interim?? Besides the venue contract(which I thought if they had a two title fight contract I thought they HAD to come up with another title fight should one drop off) wasn't that a reason for one of the events in the past?? Another thing is why make an interim when the champ can defend in less that 6 months??

You know that when he cuts weight, the loss of mass doesn't come from his chin, right?

Jarl

Nate has a great chin but so what? Conor has way more power and better accuracy. He definitely has the power to put him away. I just hope Nate actually comes in with a gameplan and tries to get him down for the sub.

Back