Nate Diaz's boxing coach Ricky Funez: Nate is almost 200 pounds.

Me and a friend took a pic with Nate at the MGM 200 weekend. I'm 5'11 170 and my friend was a bit shorter but 185. Nate is taller than both of us and looked unexpectedly big. No way he's just 180lbs right now...even if he is carrying some fat.

Some fat? he is carrying a lot of fat. All im saying that he is not a Natural WW, if he comes in fat to the fight is because he wants size advantage against the manlet....Any proper size WW will have huge weight/muscle/etc advantage.

Looking big because of tallness does not tell us much about weight....Specially since shirts/etc skew a person perception of how big somebody is.

Some fat? he is carrying a lot of fat. All im saying that he is not a Natural WW, if he comes in fat to the fight is because he wants size advantage against the manlet....Any proper size WW will have huge weight/muscle/etc advantage.

Looking big because of tallness does not tell us much about weight....Specially since shirts/etc skew a person perception of how big somebody is.

So he's carrying some fat. I doubt he plans to fight at WW and anyone who is paying attention knows this isn't really a WW between him and Conor. He's still gonna be bigger than Conor come fight night.

LMFAO google it myself. I have, I have googled it and not once has Nate Diaz claimed he was 180lbs when he fought conor.....All i see is other people claiming they know the weight.

You are lying, You did not pay attn because Nate Diaz never told us how much he weighted...It was simply hear-say, or Forum members making shit up.

Dude he has a shit ton of Fat...The dude is not close to being a WW at all.

Believe what ever you like by now all info should be intoxicated from all sides when Conor tried to turn the weight into an excuse.. so Nate also had to defend himself but the reports from the press is he had a small 2 digit cut.. so it will put him close to 180-181 lbs on fight night (skinny fat) with Conor 5-6 lbs lower then him and in shape and bigger then his FW fights (that his coach said his around 165 lbs for them).

Make some connection or don't, believe what you want.. cya.

Wait, all the shertards claim conor is the same size as nate. ahaha.

Believe what ever you like by now all info should be intoxicated from all sides when Conor tried to turn the weight into an excuse.. so Nate also had to defend himself but the reports from the press is he had a small 2 digit cut.. so it will put him close to 180-181 lbs on fight night (skinny fat) with Conor 5-6 lbs lower then him and in shape and bigger then his FW fights (that his coach said his around 165 lbs for them).

Make some connection or don't, believe what you want.. cya.

Nate said that he was 174-175 when he stepped into the cage against Conor.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ing-praised-for-losing-wanting-rematch-040116

I expect him to be considerably heavier than that this time. He seems to be intent on taking advantage of the WW limit for the 2nd fight.

Are you comparing to Cabo Diaz, the guy who didn't workout and was drinking tequila in cabo? LMFAO.

Have you people ever gone to the gym ever? Nate Diaz has a shit ton of fat...He can easily lose all that fat and go to 165-170lbs then cut water weight to make 155.

Show me evidence that Cabo Diaz was 180lbs....That has never been confirmed and it's misinformation by Conor Fans....Cabo Diaz was 175lbs @ best, im sure he was @ the 170 mark tbh, he cut to 169lbs if I remember correctly.
You come off as an ass in your posts, but yeah, Diaz was a lil higher than 175 the first time around. That's just straight lies on your part lol.

Are you comparing to Cabo Diaz, the guy who didn't workout and was drinking tequila in cabo? LMFAO.

Have you people ever gone to the gym ever? Nate Diaz has a shit ton of fat...He can easily lose all that fat and go to 165-170lbs then cut water weight to make 155.

Show me evidence that Cabo Diaz was 180lbs....That has never been confirmed and it's misinformation by Conor Fans....Cabo Diaz was 175lbs @ best, im sure he was @ the 170 mark tbh, he cut to 169lbs if I remember correctly.
Nate's own teammates said he cut from over 180 (Giblert Melendez), and Diaz has admitted to walking at over 185 before.

You're underestimating.

Just as thought when I seen him last week with Chuck, I said he looked about 195-200lbs.

He'll most likely have 15lbs on Conor in the Octagon..

I firmly believe that Conor is the better fighter, but his insistence on fighting at 170 could come back to haunt him unless he shows real discipline in his game plan.

Obviously he's exaggerating, but still, Nate is just too big for Conor. His frame can take him anywhere from 155 to 205. Conor is fun sized, and will remain so.

conor fanboys having nightmares already as this fight is approaching closer and closer lol. Now they are starting to understand that its actually going to happen so might as well make nate seem hunts size or brock lesnars weight class so Conors loss can be justified. Just not too long ago i remember people saying nate was a small skinny LW, boy how much nate has ate in a year and a half, HES HUGE.

Nate said that he was 174-175 when he stepped into the cage against Conor.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ing-praised-for-losing-wanting-rematch-040116

I expect him to be considerably heavier than that this time. He seems to be intent on taking advantage of the WW limit for the 2nd fight.

Reports on his weight cut and on that night that he was 180 or 181 but this article is weeks after when Conor started his "the bigger man, up 2 weight classes" routine so Nate also had to defend himself a little right ? it would make sense.

From the article you posted (witch I saw it in the past of course.. you could say I had this debate quite a few times on possible weight numbers for this fight in the past)

"When I left my room to fight Conor McGregor I was 179 pounds. That means by the time I walked in the cage, I was probably 175, 174 pounds. So I wasn't no big (expletive) either. He's fighting a lightweight and he's getting all this praise and I'm over hearing it. I don't ever get no praise on mine. I really did move up two weight classes and fought a big (expletive) and TKO'd his ass in the first round."

So after the constant excuses you can take stuff with a grain of salt same for what Conor said.. ps: you don't go from your room to the cage and lose 5 pounds.. but you get the idea the "longer, heavier fighter, up 2 classes" routine was so annoying for Nate.. and he knew he wasn't a proper WW either by any means in that fight just a off season LW on short notice.

Conor is planning on beying 165 or so this time like in his FW fights if we trust the reports from his camp I think this would be a huge mistake this time Nate would be in better shape and bigger (lbs wise) and he won't suffer cardio wise because of it because he is a Diaz and in the speed department Conor already was the faster dude so it's whatever at this point but this time he would be closer to an actual WW fighter and it will be bad news in my book for Conor.

Nate is in better shape than 99% of people on this forum, including me. People call him skinny fat and that he is carrying a layer of fat at this weight, but you can still make out his abs. He looked great against Johnson.
Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 9.52.59 PM.png
diaz10.jpg
3090534_orig.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Nate's boxing coach was that crazy old dude.

Back