Nate Diaz would beat the **** out of Ferguson.

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Nate still gets beat by RDA and Khabib but there is no doubt in my mind that he would just play around with this guy, Tony can't outbox him.. Tony lacks the kicks and the elite wrestling to be a threat for Diaz.

lol no

Tonys wrestling is plenty good enough to bully Nate, beat his ass in the clinch, and take him down. And his kicks are actually above average.

Diaz doesn't check kicks. Ferguson will just destroy his legs

Nate still gets beat by RDA and Khabib but there is no doubt in my mind that he would just play around with this guy, Tony can't outbox him.. Tony lack the kicks and elite wrestling to be a threat for Diaz.
Nate has proven that on a good night he can beat almost any elite fighter. He has nothing left to prove what is your point TS?

Uh, hate to break it to you, Ferguson is one of the beat wrestlers in the division.

Nate has proven that on a good night he can beat almost any elite fighter. He has nothing left to prove what is your point TS?

Nate Diaz has never beat an elite fighter. Unless I guess you count McWhitebelt.

I think he could beat Ferguson, certainly wouldn't make a prediction of beat the shit out of him

MJ was top 5, Cerrone is elite and so is Conor.

MJ was literally coming off a loss and was fringe top 10 at best, and Cowboy was also fringe top 10 at the time and hadn't beat ranked opponents yet since his previous losses to Bendo.

MJ was literally coming off a loss and was fringe top 10 at best, and Cowboy was also fringe top 10 at the time and hadn't beat any elite opponents yet.
Your argument is stupid. Nate is an elite triathlete and puts on numerous elite performances in the Octagon. He is ELITE by definition and doesn't need to prove anything as I said before. Maynard, Edgar, Pettis and Bendo have come and gone but Nate stands tall as am elite LW fighter who will never go out of style.

Nate matches up well with Ferg especially now because hes bigger and stronger and improved his wrestling and grappling heavily...

Ferg has shit box and looks like a sloppy, over committing bum in plenty of exchanges.

80cm8dm08s39siczg.jpg

irrzzfffm9hcgf9zg.jpg

A seasoned boxer like Nate can definitely piece up Ferg and has the BJJ to not even worry about being taken down or worried about Ferg's 10th planet ground game.

What Ferg brings to a fight is his toughness and his endurance but Nate has both those things and better boxing and better BJJ IMO and I would take him over Ferg any day.

There probably isnt a worse match up out there for Ferg.

Tony Ferguson elite wrestler lol.

MJ was literally coming off a loss and was fringe top 10 at best, and Cowboy was also fringe top 10 at the time and hadn't beat ranked opponents yet since his previous losses to Bendo.

Cowboy fought 19 times in the UFC lightweight division, going 15-4. At face value that makes you elite in a division with the depth of lightweight, but its also worth noting he lost to just three men: two world champions and Nate Diaz.

He was on a 6 fight win streak prior to fighting Nate and won his consecutive two fights after losing to him.

We have to play a game called 'stupid or liar' if your pitch is that Donald Cerrone isn't an elite lightweight throughout his UFC tenure.

Nate matches up well with Ferg especially now because hes bigger and stronger and improved his wrestling and grappling heavily...

Ferg has shit box and looks like a sloppy, over committing bum in plenty of exchanges.

80cm8dm08s39siczg.jpg

irrzzfffm9hcgf9zg.jpg

A seasoned boxer like Nate can definitely piece up Ferg and has the BJJ to not even worry about being taken down or worried about Ferg's 10th planet ground game.

What Ferg brings to a fight is his toughness and his endurance but Nate has both those things and better boxing and better BJJ IMO and I would take him over Ferg any day.

There probably isnt a worse match up out there for Ferg.

The only problem is that I don't see this going strictly boxing-- strictly standup, yeah, but Nate is little to no threat for takedowns based on his past, so Ferg could spam kicks all night. Could be a recipe for a 3/5 round leg-kick-athon with no KO. Both guys are tough, like you said, good chins. Either has a good path to victory with a good gameplan. Nate lacks that one-punch KO power and never developed much in the way of kicks. Seems like his losses come from distance fighters and wrestlers... might be a good fight for him to to try clinch and take down Tony and put him in the deep end. Good fight for Tony to whittle away at Nate without getting in range of Nate throwing counters and combos.

The only problem is that I don't see this going strictly boxing-- strictly standup, yeah, but Nate is little to no threat for takedowns based on his past, so Ferg could spam kicks all night. Could be a recipe for a 3/5 round leg-kick-athon with no KO. Both guys are tough, like you said, good chins. Either has a good path to victory with a good gameplan. Nate lacks that one-punch KO power and never developed much in the way of kicks. Seems like his losses come from distance fighters and wrestlers... might be a good fight for him to to try clinch and take down Tony and put him in the deep end. Good fight for Tony to whittle away at Nate without getting in range of Nate throwing counters and combos.

Good analysis.

I think Ferg is a tough fighter with a lot of heart but if I had to measure it skill for skill I got Nate. Espeially at 6'0 with a 76 inch reach and enough power to rock Conor and tough dudes like Jim Miller. If Nate keeps guys on the end of his punches his opponents feel his power. He has done probably hundreds of hours of sparring with the likes of Andre Ward and has pop in his hands. I think Ferg could play it safe and move around and use lowkicks and spam surprising takedowns but if they starting "fightin" I see Nate boxing him up and whopping that ass. Just my .02 :D

Good analysis.

I think Ferg is a tough fighter with a lot of heart but if I had to measure it skill for skill I got Nate. Espeially at 6'0 with a 76 inch reach and enough power to rock Conor and tough dudes like Jim Miller. If Nate keeps guys on the end of his punches his opponents feel his power. He has done probably hundreds of hours of sparring with the likes of Andre Ward and has pop in his hands. I think Ferg could play it safe and move around and use lowkicks and spam surprising takedowns but if they starting "fightin" I see Nate boxing him up and whopping that ass. Just my .02 :D

Thanks, you too, those GIFs showed a huge flaw that like 90% of MMA fighters have. Almost every damn punch involves a step in-- it's built into the training at a lot of gyms. Makes fighters predictable, if someone knows angles and understands distance.

Yeah, honestly I wouldn't trust Ferg to play it safe, as soon as he got hit or smacked good the first time I'd guess he'd get aggressive and start overextending on his punches. It's gotten him through a lot of fights, hard to overcome that without losing because of it. McGregor showed a lot of improvement between his two fights against Nate, which actually impressed me. Huge improvement for the timeframe.

Nate showed against MJ and McGregor that he's a sharp enough boxer to punish guys with their momentum. He's definitely learned to defend effectively by sparring with Ward, that's a huge advantage when guys don't commit to keeping him at range with leg kicks and can't take him down. I'd take Nate in the fight too-- but I wouldn't bet on it.

alot of noobs in here. MJ not a top 10 LW? lmfao! Ferguson elite wrestler? Lmffao. Diaz would beat ferg, sry retards

Nate still gets beat by RDA and Khabib but there is no doubt in my mind that he would just play around with this guy, Tony can't outbox him.. Tony lacks the kicks and the elite wrestling to be a threat for Diaz.
rda gets smoked by the nate Conor fought

Back