Nate Diaz will handily beat George Masvidal

50/50 imho, both have ways to win. I don't want either to lose!

Masvidal is better everywhere except the ground, and Nate will never get it there because unlike Pettis, Masvidal has really good TDD. I can't believe anyone can Pick Nate after watching what he looked like.

You could be right. I think Jorge needs to utilize his speed and power early or Nate may wear him down like he does to so many opponents. It's a fight I'd like to see, should be a war.
Masvidal doesn't gas, he has never gassed once in his 16 years of doing this that I can recall. And, he keeps his power through all the rounds. There is no way CTE Nate can win, maybe 6 years ago he had a chance, but not now.

I'm gonna make so much money if y'all idiots bet on CTE Nate.

I think Nate being underrated was mostly because of Conor

Nobody really acknowledged that he improved / peaked / entered his prime as a fighter because doing so would be also giving Conor credit

Nate was really the first fuel that supported the narrative that Conor was overrated, never that good, not a top 10 fighter etc. Whenever someone wants to hate on Conor, it's easy to just bring up Nate's record, argue that he lost to a journeyman that isn't a top 10 fighter.

Which is / was sad for Nate more than anything. Happy to see him get some of the respect he deserves.

I heard Conor couldn't KO Ken Shamrock - T or F?

I only ask because the Proper 12 in your hand is calling to me. It's saying "Don't drink this shite. You don't want this whisk(e)y."

kenobi1.jpg

I think Masvidal is a horrible match up for Nate. Faster hands, more pop in his shots, better wrestling and enough BJJ to keep Demian Maia from choking him out. He also has fantastic endurance and wont gas out from Nates pressure and enough street smarts not to get punked in there emotionally. I think he has everything you need to beat Nate by UD. Its not to say Nate has no chance but Nate would really have to fight the perfect fight to beat Mas IMO.

The last real WW Diaz beat was Markham, I think? Masvidal has the far better wins at WW, IMO. That’s not to say Nate can’t win. Conor and Pettis are great wins but they’re notWWs.

I think I’d take Masvidal. I think he wins the boxing. Nate has good offensive but is very hittable. I think Jorge has better wrestling and watching vs Maia, I don’t see Nate subbing him at this point if their careers.

I’d like to see the opening lines if it happens.

Back