Nate Diaz was just on sports nation on ESPN.

bjdiaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And he dropped the F bomb. Let's just say I ain't surprised mother fucker

The interview was actually pretty good, I think he does a lot better when he can rehearse what he has to say rather than actually form a thought off the top of head on the spot.

They asked him about his training camp and if the lack of going through a grueling camp actually helped him in the first fight. He said he just relied on his experience and all his former training in the first fight and he is going through a tough camp for this fight.

They asked him about his "beef" with connor. He told them there is no beef, it's all business but he is the guy standing on the other side of the cage and is the enemy during the fight.

They asked him if he thought he was being disrespectful with the stockton slap and he said fighters are already disrespecting each other by trying to hurt each other. Which I though was actually a very thoughtful answer.

The last question was about steroids. He said he was the crazy guy saying everybody was using and he wasn't surprised when jones and brock popped because he's had a lot of people try to push shit on him in the gym. Then he dropped the F bomb and was told to put money in a swear jar.

He did well, he did kind of lower his voice during parts of the video but was well composed.

I ain't surprised mother fuckers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-26-19-38-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-26-19-38-11.png
    965.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks TS.

Hopefully somebody can upload that clip to Sherdog.

Not that I think Nate is a second Einstein but I feel like he's coming across dumber than he is by being somewhat socially awkward and his lisp.

Not that I think Nate is a second Einstein but I feel like he's coming across dumber than he is by being somewhat socially awkward and his lisp.
would you rather have fighters write down everything they're about to say or read off a script?

the Diaz bros keep it real 100% of the time, they're not like other fighters that put on a front as soon as the camera is on.

They all ask the same questions. He doesn't have to form an original thought all camp...

It's 2016, good thing you finally broke the news to everyone that the Diaz brothers are socially awkward.

Pack it up boys, this mystery is solved.

I thought he handled himself under the spotlight just fine.

Those are things he really can't help though. I honestly thought it would be way worse. He came off a lot better here than in most of his post fight interviews and press conferences.

would you rather have fighters write down everything they're about to say or read off a script?

the Diaz bros keep it real 100% of the time, they're not like other fighters that put on a front as soon as the camera is on.

Unprepared and uncomposed =/= real. The question isn't whether someone is reading off a script. The question is what the script says; if it accurately conveys his feelings then I'd much rather he speak off that script. If Nate took time to compose his thoughts ahead of time, when possible, I think he would better communicate those thoughts.

I find him to be an interesting guy, and I always have. He's got a unique and intriguing personality. I think the UFC would be wise to try and push him.

The day a Diaz bro gets popped for PEDs I think we can safely assume literally everyone in the UFC (entire world?) is on PEDs.

Back