Nate Diaz Was a Waste of Leon Edwards's Life and Career

Are there a lot of threads saying this fight was a rip off for Leon Edwards? I kind of doubt it.
You've made 2 million posts on Sherdog, and never read anyone else's? What kind of narcissist are you?
There were a hundred posts making the same talking points you copy/pasted before the fight even took place.

You've made 2 million posts on Sherdog, and never read anyone else's? What kind of narcissist are you?
There were a hundred posts making the same talking points you copy/pasted before the fight even took place.
i wasn't looking at sherdog back then

UFC was trying to give Edwards a push because he had next to 0 name recognition, hence why a lot of top guys didn’t want to fight him. I agree the fight was ridiculous though and they should have put him against Colby/Mas.

And the only one who was heard about was nate.

Leon's inactivity shows that it's all a waste. He should give up before Usman holds him down again

No one really wanted to fight Leon. It looks like Nate did it for the right money.

Edwards likely got the biggest payday of his career against Nate.

And I don't think you have any clue what the term "Brutally mauled" means.

Was Edwards, winning the fight? Sure. Did he do any real damage the entire fight? Nope. He's a wrestler/point fighter

Edwards, calls himself "Rocky" and yet the guy couldn't finish a sandwich unless he's using an eyepoke. 13 fights in the UFC with exactly 3 finishes.

The highlight of Edwards career to date is decisioning a 400 year old RDA.

This is true. Every word.

Both Diaz and Masvidal did him a solid allowing themselves to be mentioned next to his name let alone fight him.

People tuned in to see Nate win. Even though he got solidly beaten for 4 rounds. The flurry in the 5th was what they came to see. Hence. It's what a lot of people remember the fight for.

Edwards has a chronic problem of having a similar personality to his fight style. Weather he is good or not, people ain't falling over themselves to watch him. And the fight with Nate was given on a silver platter.

Those were all top ten guys when Thompson fought them. That's why he's ranked almost as high as Edwards despite having a much worse record. And like I said for reasons I've already gone into, I don't think Edwards chose Nate.
No he chose him, of all the fights offered to him, Nate was the one he agreed so yeah, he chose Nate...

MMA these days is pure entertainment, and Edwards was given a prime chance to look good to the casual fan. He completely blew that chance.

Edwards beating some no-name "top 10 contender" does nothing for him, compared to looking impressive against a guy with Nate Diaz's name value.

I hope he did want it, and I hope he's happy with the result (which he should be proud of even if everyone tries to downplay it), but my whole point is this thing reeked of a set up.

I don’t see how it can be a set up if everyone knows the rules.

Where the fuck does everyone keep coming up with the idea that nate is some late-round killer?

It's hard to think of a worse opponent than Nate Diaz for a ranked fighter trying to win a title; beating him means nothing, and yet he's still a dangerous striker with almost unlimited cardio. And to make it even more egregious, five rounds! Five rounds for a meaningless exhibition--an obvious gift to this cardio machine to pull some bullcrap in the last two rounds. It's like the whole situation was orchestrated to potentially assassinate Edwards' run at the title. They forced him to roll the dice on his entire career without getting anything in return. And before Nate, they were trying to make him fight Chimaev, another dangerous unranked nobody.

The truth became obvious when Edwards brutally mauled Diaz for four rounds, then took one hard punch in the 5th (which he was winning up to that point too.) Edwards' stock dropped and Diaz's stock went up. Edwards' reward? A ud on his resume against a 37 year old whose last win against a top 15 opponent was probably around ten years ago (remember, he beat Conor at ww.)

No top 3 contender should be forced to fight an unranked fighter. Dana White treats the elite like they're disposable in favor of low price bums like Mike Perry who have guaranteed slug fests. This is pretty much why MMA is still not a sport.

well jorge and colby said no to fighting leon so there had to get someone to fight leon.

whart i dont get is nate turned dow nteh jorge rematch which would of made more money to fight leon.

Na, Nate is a draw so this was a chance for non-draw Leon to showcase why he deserves the next titleshot in what was considered a layup of a matchup but he absolutely blew it in the last 30 seconds.

Real question is how much did Leon bank for the fight?

well jorge and colby said no to fighting leon so there had to get someone to fight leon.

whart i dont get is nate turned dow nteh jorge rematch which would of made more money to fight leon.
the ufc could just make colby fight edwards.

One of the dumbest booked fights in recent memory outside of Usman Mas 2.

It's hard to think of a worse opponent than Nate Diaz for a ranked fighter trying to win a title; beating him means nothing, and yet he's still a dangerous striker with almost unlimited cardio. And to make it even more egregious, five rounds! Five rounds for a meaningless exhibition--an obvious gift to this cardio machine to pull some bullcrap in the last two rounds. It's like the whole situation was orchestrated to potentially assassinate Edwards' run at the title. They forced him to roll the dice on his entire career without getting anything in return. And before Nate, they were trying to make him fight Chimaev, another dangerous unranked nobody.

The truth became obvious when Edwards brutally mauled Diaz for four rounds, then took one hard punch in the 5th (which he was winning up to that point too.) Edwards' stock dropped and Diaz's stock went up. Edwards' reward? A ud on his resume against a 37 year old whose last win against a top 15 opponent was probably around ten years ago (remember, he beat Conor at ww.)

No top 3 contender should be forced to fight an unranked fighter. Dana White treats the elite like they're disposable in favor of low price bums like Mike Perry who have guaranteed slug fests. This is pretty much why MMA is still not a sport.
Isn’t it great, Leon is as irrelevant as ever. Thank you Nate once again.

<{yearp}>

Unlimited cardio my ass.

Idk what fight you watched but Nate was so tired he couldn't even attempt to capitalize on that punch that put Leon on skates. Watch Nate in round 3 or 5 vs Conor. That's Nate attempting to finish his opponent. Nate was so gassed against Leon all he could do was point.

It was a risky fight where he bet on himself to go out there and impressively beat down Nate and get alot of hype out of it (and money)
It did not go to plan. Instead he couldn't get the finish nearly got finished and didn't accomplish half the goal

Back