Nate Diaz Was a Waste of Leon Edwards's Life and Career

if you're not willing to fight vs. a dangerous opponent you are suppose to beat handily....are you really a top prize fighter?

Seriously everyone always talking about people ducking Leon then Nate Diaz basically does what fans asks and gets barely any of the credit . He took on a world class talent with little name value , of course it wasnt completely alturisit he knew he'd get a title shot with a W but this is literally what we are on our asses asking fighters to do lol. Give the man respect Nate Diaz is a real fighter
:meow:
that's one way to look at it. another way to look at it is a wildly undeserving fighter with no title aspirations whatsoever was gifted a shot at #1 contendorship.

It's hard to think of a worse opponent than Nate Diaz for a ranked fighter trying to win a title; beating him means nothing, and yet he's still a dangerous striker with almost unlimited cardio. And to make it even more egregious, five rounds! Five rounds for a meaningless exhibition--an obvious gift to this cardio machine to pull some bullcrap in the last two rounds. It's like the whole situation was orchestrated to potentially assassinate Edwards' run at the title. They forced him to roll the dice on his entire career without getting anything in return. And before Nate, they were trying to make him fight Chimaev, another dangerous unranked nobody.

The truth became obvious when Edwards brutally mauled Diaz for four rounds, then took one hard punch in the 5th (which he was winning up to that point too.) Edwards' stock dropped and Diaz's stock went up. Edwards' reward? A ud on his resume against a 37 year old whose last win against a top 15 opponent was probably around ten years ago (remember, he beat Conor at ww.)

No top 3 contender should be forced to fight an unranked fighter. Dana White treats the elite like they're disposable in favor of low price bums like Mike Perry who have guaranteed slug fests. This is pretty much why MMA is still not a sport.
Keep crying

Nate got Edwards more popular than ever before. And that's why it's a win. A title shot doesn't just come to unknown fighters.

if you're not willing to fight vs. a dangerous opponent you are suppose to beat handily....are you really a top prize fighter?
what kind of top 2 fighter has to waste his career fighting guys who shouldn't even be top 15? an opponent you're describing should still at least be in the top ten.

Nate got Edwards more popular than ever before. And that's why it's a win. A title shot doesn't just come to unknown fighters.
if mma was a real sport, you'd get name recognition from winning.

i don't what they were thinking tho. it seems like a huge gift to fight the best guy when you're a nobody on the back end of your career.
Seriously how are you calling Nate a nobody? He is easily one of the top 5, if not one of the top 3 most popular fighters in the sport. I know you have only been on this site for about a year, but you can't be that ignorant to call him a nobody. I'm sure I'm biting on your troll job, but c'mon.

Yeah fighting a guy who draws some of the most eyes in the sport is definitely bad for a guy trying to build his own name

good thread buddy

If you're dumb enough to not think MMA isn't a "real sport" then just get the fuck outta here bro <45>
a real sport has to have legitimacy. do you think street beefs is a real sport too? they fight with rules and the outcomes aren't predetermined, but somehow you still know it's not a real sport because it's about seeing people beat each other up, not about finding out who the best is. ufc is in the same place right now, which drags down mma as a whole along with it.

Last edited:
He got much more hype, attention, sponsorship/other money most likely than if he fought say, Stephen Thompson. And much less risk of a loss.

Yeah fighting a guy who draws some of the most eyes in the sport is definitely bad for a guy trying to build his own name

good thread buddy
The headline that came out of this was Leon Edwards "Survives" Nate Diaz. What good did it do him? Someone explain it to me. He didn't get any recognition for this fight, and his overwhelming victory is constantly shit on and downplayed. It did nothing for him.

He got much more hype, attention, sponsorship/other money most likely than if he fought say, Stephen Thompson. And much less risk of a loss.
Nate got all of the first two. I hope you're right about the money tho. If he fought Stephen Thompson and won, his next fight would be for the belt. If he lost, it would be a blow, but not career destroying. That's what fights between top ranked fighters should be like.

Seriously how are you calling Nate a nobody? He is easily one of the top 5, if not one of the top 3 most popular fighters in the sport. I know you have only been on this site for about a year, but you can't be that ignorant to call him a nobody. I'm sure I'm biting on your troll job, but c'mon.
the truth is always trolling people it seems. if you beat someone and your career stands still, then you beat a nobody. your victory was against someone who categorically didn't matter. it's not hard to figure out. leon was number 3 before winning and he's number 3 after winning.

Good guy Nate actually looked up at the whole roster and said he's gonna give this guy a money fight coz nobody is giving him that much attention and credit despite "doing the right things like GSP". Yep, those were Nate's words.
He did smoke a blunt just before saying that so

He beat one of the sports biggest stars on PPV...ok would u rather he headline the Prelims or open the card versus someone with the same name value as him?

He beat one of the sports biggest stars on PPV...ok would u rather he headline the Prelims or open the card versus someone with the same name value as him?
He should be fighting Usman, honestly. Or anyone in the top 5.

Do top 3 ranked fighters even fight in the prelims?

Most people who are currently aware of Edwards know him because of the Diaz fight

the truth is always trolling people it seems. if you beat someone and your career stands still, then you beat a nobody. your victory was against someone who didn't matter categorically. it's not hard to figure out. leon was number 3 before winning and he's number 3 after winning.
I couldn't care less about Leon or his ranking. I'm obviously talking about you calling Nate a nobody. Him giving Leon a fight was the best thing that could've happened to Leon and his boring ass career. Leon is a bland decision fighter who was best known for getting punked by Masivadal and KFC references, before he won the Nate lotto fight. No one ever got excited about a Leon fight until he was blessed with a Nate fight. You're obviously trolling and I'm out ho.

what kind of top 2 fighter has to waste his career fighting guys who shouldn't even be top 15? an opponent you're describing should still at least be in the top ten.
Wonderboy was top 2 and top 1 at one point and risked fighting lower ranked like Pettis Neil and Luque...Edwards refused fights he should've taken to climb the rankings...he chose an easy fight with Nate and paid the price...

Back