Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson official for Orlando (Poll)

Good matchup, alot of people think of MJ as just a boxer but he has a pretty solid kicking game.

Shit I forgot about that was 50/50 on my pick before I chose Diaz, now MJ is a lock anybody who can kick beats Diaz. Except that time Cerrone tried boxin with him, Lol.

Johnson looked mediocre when he had to make the fight against a fighter who knew all he wanted to do was sit on the backfoot and jab (even though he easily won that fight). Johnson is a natural counter puncher to my eyes, anyway, and he prefers when the fight is brought to him so I think this is a rather favourable matchup for him. The southpaw/southpaw matchup is always challenging, though, especially to the fight who wants the cleaner, more easy running fight.

That is interesting. I feel like Johnson with his pressure style is a nightmare matchup for a lot of the good strikers at 155. But Diaz can handle that kind of style and just throw punches nonstop and Johnson will be afraid to take him down.

EDIT: Or he isnt a pressure fighter lol? Maybe I only remember the Barboza fight.

Picked MJ

Don't think Nate is any kind of mental state anymore, to put in a real camp and performance to beat anyone of MJ caliber.

infact I don't think he will get another top20 win in his career.

I'll cheer anyone that faces a Diaz. Seeing a Diaz bro lose is one of my favorite things about MMA.

So this means Pettis gets Alvarez then. I like this fight a lot, and really just happy to see Nate get a fight.

Nate via a Stockton slap beat down

I love nate. But if I just look at his
recent history, there is no reason for me
to assume he will be coming into this one
prepared to effectively deal with leg kicks
like he did in his Cerrone fight. Or to
effectively deal with his opponents speed
like he wasn't able to do against dos anjos.

Johnson may not show his flashes of brilliance
as often as he probably could... but he hasn't
looked bad. His last performance
may not have been outstanding in any way, but he
has developed more than most fighters seem to be
able to. He is well trained & evolved & knows what it
takes to win.

Back when diaz was putting in work & earning
His shot against smooth, I would've called diaz
by strangulation all day. Now, I will just hope for it.

Johnson all day, might even get a late finish IMO.

RDA vs Cowboy
Johnson vs Diaz
Khabib vs Ferguson
Pettis vs Alvarez
Barboza vs Iaquinta
Dariush vs Duffy/Porier

Johnson all day, might even get a late finish IMO.

RDA vs Cowboy
Johnson vs Diaz
Khabib vs Ferguson
Pettis vs Alvarez
Barboza vs Iaquinta
Dariush vs Duffy/Porier

I really dig those potential Dariush match ups.
a poirier fight is a style match up that can resemble
another zombie/poirier fight. Dariush is well rounded
enough to be testing in every facet of the fight.
I'd be rooting for the diamond

Pettis vs Alvarez, when picturing it in my head,
looks like a DREAM fight

If nate comes in unmotivated hes going to get finished

Fucking Dariush was tagging Johnson with the Jab. If Nate comes in motivated like the Cerrone fight he's going to starch Johnson. Especially if Johnson only throws the 1-2 like he did his last fight.

Hopefully MJ embarasses the little thug and sends him into retirement but not really sure who wins this fight

diaz has gotta be rusty as hell, and johnson kicks fairly well, which is diaz's kryptonite. still i think nate has got this.

Lots of people picking Diaz. It's not 2011. Nate hasn't looked good for awhile, and looked straight up terrible in his last fight. MJ by KO.

Oh nice.
I got Nate if he takes it seriously

Back