Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson official for Orlando (Poll)

This fight totally slipped by me and it's happening in a couple weeks! Awesome fight, but I honestly believe MJ has the best boxing in the division and provided he's able to avoid the ground at all costs, which he's really good at doing, he should be able to pick Diaz apart standing. They're both southpaws so that will open up the leg kicks for Johnson too (Diaz bros. don't believe in checking kicks) to supplement the hands.

That being said, if Nate has rediscovered his motivation, this could turn out a wee bit differently.

Although MJ has been looking good, I'm inclined to pick Nate on this one. He should be able to use his reach effectively.

I'd rather see Nate vs Khabib and Johnson vs Ferguson.

I got nate

His striking is better
and if johnson takes him down I got nate by sub

Last edited:
Good matchup, alot of people think of MJ as just a boxer but he has a pretty solid kicking game.

Damn good match. I hope Nate comes prepared for this one, win or lose. I been missing some Diaz bros and people are starting to forget what baddasses they actually are.

Good fight. Means we will get Pettis/Eddie/Barboza, a combo of two of them fighting which is awesome.

Glad Nate is back, this is a tough fight.

Daaaaaaaaaamn. MJ by decision, too quick for Nate.

Winnable for Nate, but MJ is a fair bit faster. Nate can sub him, but I don't know if he'll even try to get him down. He needs to use his reach and outbox MJ, and then maybe he drops him or makes Johnson try and shoot and then Nate can get the sub.

Meh. All the Top 10 guys have Nate's #.

Damn, I'm a big fan of both. But I gotta go with my man Nate...... Wut.

Good matchup, alot of people think of MJ as just a boxer but he has a pretty solid kicking game.

He's southpaw too, so he could have success at smashing Nate's legs a bit easier like how RDA did.

I think they realized that with the fights they have on those last three shows in December. As fun as Pettis, Diaz or Khabib in some form could have been. Diaz hasn't really earned any of those fights.

Khabib wins he gets the next shot. You set up the Pettis/Barbosa/Eddie winner against the MJ/Diaz winner. And call it good. I like it.

No reason to do the Khabib, Diaz, and Pettis fights when they don't really make sense.

At 155 any combo is fun though. They couldnt really fuck up.

wow man the UFC is really really trying to bury Nate Diaz.

Gonna be a lot of shit talking on this one.

Back