Nate Diaz vs Justin Gaethje

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by LockardTheGOAT, Apr 22, 2019.

1. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

That's pretty much how I see it. Nate's a volume puncher and it's hard to do that when you can't walk for long.

2. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

2 things. #1 Barboza hurt his own leg throwing a leg kick. #2 Gaethje said post fight that he couldn't have taken 6 or 7 more kicks from Barboza. Really shitty situation for Barboza.

3. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

Yeah, I remember him checking 2 hard kicks from Barboza and landed a few of his own shortly after or before(I would have to rewatch) but Barboza's legs were discolored after each only threw a few kicks.

4. rjmbrd Gold Belt

We can run back a highlight reel of Barboza losing to ranked fighters, and its always lopsided losses. Everybody beats Barboza.

James Vick got a step up in competition once before after a run against lower level talent, and he was knocked out in the first round. He beat another string of middling guys and got JG, and was knocked out in the first round.

Far and away the two best guys JG fought were Poirer and Alvarez and they both put him away. Eddie got lumped up pretty good for his troubles, but the fact remains, JG has horrific fight IQ and quality veterans can systematically TKO him.

If Nate still can fight at a similar level to where he was against MJ and Conor, he's going to out last JG and put him away.

5. TriangleMonkey Red Belt

The second Justin lands a couple of poorly defended leg kicks, his eyes will turn red and he will start to foam as he relentlessly doesnt stop attacking the same, undefended leg, till its not connected anymore.

6. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

MJ is Nate's best fight EVER. I don't think he can perform that like again.

7. Unfinished Sentenc Red Belt

Nate after the fight
    [​IMG]

8. silvasurfer5253 Purple Belt

Alvarez and Dustin have one punch power? Please go on and list all the one punch KOs they’ve had...I’m waiting.

Conor vs Diaz 2, was mainly Conor running away from Diaz for the later three rounds. Gaethje doesn’t even avoid punches, or block them with anything other than his face. There hasn’t been a big correlation with Justin’s leg kicks and winning in the UFC, and that’s the truth. He did much more damage to Eddie and Dustin’s legs, and they both stiffened him. Even the Johnson fight, he ate an incredible amount of damage, just to finish a journeyman, whom Diaz had openly clowned in their fight. Moreover, in a 5 rd fight, Diaz murders him in the 4th and 5th, when Justin starts to gas.

9. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

Diaz won't be able to walk in the 4th or 5th round if the fight isn't already called for TKO(leg kicks). If you think Nate punches close to as hard as Alvarez and Dustin this conversation is pointless because you don't know what you're watching.

10. silvasurfer5253 Purple Belt

Gimme a break. What one punch Knockouts do have Dustin and Eddie had? None. Not one in their whole careers, because they’re not power punchers. Eddie’s a brawler, who ate Justin’s leg kicks and beat him in his own game. Justin’s leg kick theory hasn’t been very effective in the UFC. People want to point to it as his strength, but he’s gotten flatlined twice with that approach. Nate’s never been stopped via leg kicks, which is significantly less than the amount of times Justin been stopped via strikes in the past two years. Look at what Nate did to Michael Johnson, and then look at how Justin struggled with the same man. That’s indicative of their striking prowess. Justin’s a basic striker, confirmed hammer, who doesn’t do well as the nail.

11. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

Ok, you can base your opinion on MMA math if you want. I'll base mine on how they match up with one another instead of some other person. Nate is a volume striker that needs to land volume to get finishes and has bad defense against low kicks. Gaethje hits hard and does damage quickly, especially with low kicks and has been actively fighting while Nate hasn't fought in years.

Nate's punching power isn't as good as Alvarez' or Dustin's so the odds that he can rock Gaethje while he throws a kick isn't close to the same.

12. Mbowes Blue Belt

Ah yes, long arms, the universal key to finding someone's chin...if it's located in the cookie jar :rolleyes:

13. silvasurfer5253 Purple Belt

8BA4D111-0164-4B5B-9CAC-C530A127CE48.gif

14. THC Yellow Belt

Hmmmm

15. Travis Alexander Amateur Fighter

Weird bump, but I’ll play.

Gaethje in 3 via immobilizing Diaz.

16. ChangeIsComing Black Belt

Everyone here talking like it would be a walk in the park for Justin...I disagree, Nate will move forward and 100% outbox Justin, the X factor is if Justin can use the leg kicks effectively to deter the rangy strikes from Nate...and well due to that rangy deal I am not so convinced he will be able to.

I get favoring Justin but I would not bet on it.

Paolo Delutis likes this.
  17. Paolo Delutis Silver Belt

giphy (1).gif

Nate makes that white belt panic wrestle from the endless pressure and hand speed( watch the michael johnson fight) and taps him...gaithje leg kicks mean shit all nate checks kicks has been since the second conor fight..he did so against pettis too...

Gaithje has a punchers chance and thats it...nate has more options tko...sub.. ranged boxing..clinch dirty box

18. IloveTHIS Humble Narcissist

Lmao Nate would get bodied

19. Paolo Delutis Silver Belt

Thats as likely as shogun winning another title bud...

Gaithje takes another nap after panicking around the ring and nate taps him
    n1DJvI.gif

20. realdmone1 Banned Banned

i give nate a chance with gaethje but that fight makes no sense---for one--why would nate be given thaT OPPORTUNITY?? although I wouldn't put it past the ufc these days