Nate Diaz: "They'd better hope I lose because if I win this one, I'm really taking over."

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"So when it first got booked I was like, ‘They want to get me right back in there and try to win this back and weed me out again.' That's how it felt. I'm was like, ‘Can I just sit back for 8 months and soak up some popularity and some exposure and just go on vacation and do what I gotta do?' And they were like, ‘We want this' and I'm like, ‘Why so quick? Whatever.'

Then the deals got done and I was like, ‘Wow. That payday and this payday in that short amount of time, can't pass that up so let's do it. But I feel like these guys want to weed me right back out, hoping that I lose. Alright, they'd better hope I lose because if I win this one, I'm really taking over.

I'm gonna prepare. That's about it. We're gonna see. Same thing like I always say, we'll go out there and my objective is to win. I'm gonna train hard and try to get it done. I believe I'm the superior martial artist. I'm just gonna go in there and get the job done and not get anything I don't expect. My plan is to win and do good and work hard and win the fight. That's my plan and we're gonna have to see what happens."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/3...az-says-theyd-better-hope-i-lose-because-if-i

UFC brass is PRAYING he loses this one, so they can get their golden cash cow back on track. haha

raw

its going to be hilarious if diaz loses - conor fans will be out, thirsty for air, going way over the top in hopes of pissing everyone off - and the ufc / conor will pretend like the first fight was a fluke - that will be the narrative that likely takes over in the heavies - conor will go back to his ways and his fans will ride his coattails as if his accomplishments were theirs

im excited either way - im looking for diaz to win but seeing conor fans magically show up again after his win will be hilarious too - diaz will then be considered a plodding idiot with terrible boxing, no charisma and a bum that was lucky to get two red panty nights

"So when it first got booked I was like, ‘They want to get me right back in there and try to win this back and weed me out again.' That's how it felt. I'm was like, ‘Can I just sit back for 8 months and soak up some popularity and some exposure and just go on vacation and do what I gotta do?' And they were like, ‘We want this' and I'm like, ‘Why so quick? Whatever.'

Then the deals got done and I was like, ‘Wow. That payday and this payday in that short amount of time, can't pass that up so let's do it. But I feel like these guys want to weed me right back out, hoping that I lose. Alright, they'd better hope I lose because if I win this one, I'm really taking over.

I'm gonna prepare. That's about it. We're gonna see. Same thing like I always say, we'll go out there and my objective is to win. I'm gonna train hard and try to get it done. I believe I'm the superior martial artist. I'm just gonna go in there and get the job done and not get anything I don't expect. My plan is to win and do good and work hard and win the fight. That's my plan and we're gonna have to see what happens."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/3...az-says-theyd-better-hope-i-lose-because-if-i
126178_smoke_weed_everyday_gif_gfycat_nf9s_by_justsmile1223-d94tzrc.gif

Nate's gotta realize that not everyone is out to get him all the time. They just wanna do a big fight and pull big numbers while the thing is hot. Of course some brass want Conor back on track but they don't want you gone Nate, you make money too. You're all in this to make money. Take fights, talk smack, make money.

They can just trade Conor in for Nate and milk that one.

Problem with that though is the Diaz bros are promotional nightmares. They have no prob flipping UFC brass the bird. lol

10_1.jpg

The UFC probably doesn't give a shit either way.

Conor loses, he goes back to FW and sets up a huge rematch with Aldo. OR, goes to LW and takes 1 or 2 fights against Duffy or Pea Head, then a title shot there.

Conor wins, they can do a 3rd fight or LW Title fight, or FW Title Fight.

UFC makes money any way you spin it.

If Nate wins the rematch he probably won't fight for a year.

I just cant see how Mcgregor was able to close the gap in boxing and jiu jitsu to Diaz in just 5 months.
People will bring up that Mcgregor landed at will in the 1st round and yes he did but at no point did he have
Nate in trouble.
Not to mention that Diaz wasnt fully prepared for a fight and was still able to deal with Conors unorthodox style
the longer the fight went on.

Looks like Nate is gonna soak up some more popularity and some even bigger paychecks after August 20.

Problem with that though is the Diaz bros are promotional nightmares. They have no prob flipping UFC brass the bird. lol

10_1.jpg
Nate has shown himself to be much more adept at this, more outgoing, more social than Nick ever has, don't you think?

That attitude right there is the bread maker with Nate, more difficult with Nick, imo

Dont see Nate losing this. Conor has the ability to put Nate away but i dont think he will, he will drown again.

Nate has shown himself to be much more adept at this, more outgoing, more social than Nick ever has, don't you think?

That attitude right there is the bread maker with Nate, more difficult with Nick, imo
For sure Nate seems more relaxed in front of cameras and more outgoing than Nick. NIck has the better voice cause Nate has that slurred speech but Nate I think expresses his actual words way better. Nick is just a rambling mess a lot of the time. Not always but lot of the time. Nate seems to just, especially in this "feud" with Conor, spew godlike lines after godlike lines. Obviously no hate on Nick. War Nick, War Nate, War fucking Diaz Brothers.

I just cant see how Mcgregor was able to close the gap in boxing and jiu jitsu to Diaz in just 5 months.
People will bring up that Mcgregor landed at will in the 1st round and yes he did but at no point did he have
Nate in trouble.
Not to mention that Diaz wasnt fully prepared for a fight and was still able to deal with Conors unorthodox style
the longer the fight went on.

Looks like Nate is gonna soak up some more popularity and some even bigger paychecks after August 20.
Meh..

Im rooting for Diaz and betting on Diaz but Conor has a punchers chance. A good one.

I think McGregor has upgraded his training for this one. Not doing the same "I train the same for everyone" shit. People needs to remember than while Conor is a douchebag and a prick he is a really talented fighter.

10_1.jpg

And that is part of their appeal and marketing. Otherwise Dana wouldn't have asked to be stockton slapped. He knows what sells with these guys.

For sure Nate seems more relaxed in front of cameras and more outgoing than Nick. NIck has the better voice cause Nate has that slurred speech but Nate I think expresses his actual words way better. Nick is just a rambling mess a lot of the time. Not always but lot of the time. Nate seems to just, especially in this "feud" with Conor, spew godlike lines after godlike lines. Obviously no hate on Nick. War Nick, War Nate, War fucking Diaz Brothers.
I think Nick legitimately has a hard time talking in public and appears to me he handles this by just being sincere but it turns into a rambling stream of conscious.

Nate's approach works better, but Nicks has its charm, so he is t losing anything, but I can't see Nate missing a press conference or getting too ethereal during an interview.

I don't see how Conor wins this fight. Looking forward however, 1st one was exciting as hell

The UFC probably doesn't give a shit either way.

Conor loses, he goes back to FW and sets up a huge rematch with Aldo. OR, goes to LW and takes 1 or 2 fights against Duffy or Pea Head, then a title shot there.

Conor wins, they can do a 3rd fight or LW Title fight, or FW Title Fight.

UFC makes money any way you spin it.
The house always wins motherfuckers.

Shergoofs never understand this - only winner of that fight is the brass.

the diaz brothers get nothing but tite fights or big money fights. yet always find something to complain....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back