Nate Diaz rips Tyron Woodley for leaking GSP texts.

i know it's not entertaining for the fans without some drama and bad blood but i'm not really mad at it. it's kind of professional and all about the competition (and $$$ of course), maybe not professional in the sense of selling a fight through trash talk that the public are used to but professional in the sense of a high level athlete wanting to compete with another and respectfully calling them out. i wouldn't be mad at a fighter being straight up and saying hey, you're up at the top and so am i, want to fight? yep, no problem, lets do it. then work an angle where it's two guys vying for a #1 contender spot or higher place in the rankings. you could put them on a card where two other guys have legit beef and show the two sides of being a professional fighter.

He means he was literally wrong

I mean that I made an assessment that I believe to be true (literal) about a matter that is debatable (my opinion). Even if people disagree with my opinion, it doesn't change whether my claim was literal--which means that you never had a point in the first place.

Tell me this, though. How many criticisms do you know that are kinder and gentler than "silly"?

More cool stories, bro. I'll still leave you to your ignorance.

If that's the best you've got, then why didn't you just shut the fuck up in the first place? Like when it was obvious that you didn't know what you were talking about?

Love how Nate schooled Conor in how to train in getting real fighters into his camp, yet I still believe they're still paid yes men. I expect a longer fight from Conor with the same results Conor believes he's the better fighter which he's not @170 a better fighter has more than one way to win a fight and far more tools to use if the fight requires adjustments, beyond the lone left hammer what else you got?

If that's the best you've got, then why didn't you just shut the fuck up in the first place? Like when it was obvious that you didn't know what you were talking about?

So many more cool stories, bro! Are you the modern Mother Goose? I like geese.<22>

I doubt any intelligent fighter will ever return Tyron's texts again. Unless he asked GSP if he minded, it's BS to do that.

He's doing what you just did Nate, except he didn't go on a post fight rant.

I like Nate, but hes been begging for money fights also. Why knock another guys hustle?

Nah but he looks extra desperate making those texts public and saying shit like "I'll keep pushing for Nick", all of this after that cringeworthy comment he made about, "I just KO'd a guy named Ruthless, something something think I'm afraid of one named Wonderboy?" attempting to brush him off like a non-threat. He's the #1 contender for a reason and made Hendricks look like an amateur. I was certain Rory would KO Wonderboy but that is not what happened at all. Tyron doesn't want any part of him for two reasons really, the second one being draw money, and the number one reason being he's ducking.

It's also damn annoying that Tyron thinks he's a draw or something. He isn't. A GSP or Nick fight would have everyone tuning in for them, not Tyron. He needs to recognize he doesn't have the kind of power real draws have. He can't just deny the #1 contender.
Woodley isn't the draw, but his belt is..ANYbody that has a belt instantly gets SOME buying power. People either want to watch him fight (to lose or win), or they're going to want to watch the opponent try and win the belt....that belt isn't on the line if the champ isn't there.
Woodley is the champ, so he does have some drawing power by that virtue alone. He doesn't need to have people personally interested in him as long as he has the belt.

I completely agree with diaz. That just killed everything for me. Whats going to stop both of these 2 texting each other to just have a spar session and make bank.

Its fucking sad. Dont get me wrong I like fighters being classy, respectful, etc., but texting each other? Weak soft shit.

I like nates point, i woudnt mind seeing some cards where like 4 or 5 fights are the top guys from one gym vs top guys from another thats pretty cool

Back