Nate Diaz Returns vs. Dustin Poirier Set For UFC 230 in NYC

Who Wins?

• Total voters
omgggg im fking stoked

this came completely out of nowhere

Fun fight. Luke Thomas just tweeted about it for what that is worth. I like Diaz in this.

O shit.. they trying to put the pressure on Khabib.. "look bro Dustin has a fight already".

Dustin you should have waited a week or two bro.. you took that bait.

UFC is hoping for Conor to beat Khabib and Nate to beat Dustin so that they can finally set up a trilogy fight and that too for the title. $$$ everywhere.
I don’t think the ufc cares if nate wins. The conor-nate 3rd fight will sell no matter what. It’s a good fight for everybody involved to keep in their back pocket for later

O shit.. they trying to put the pressure on Khabib.. "look bro Dustin has a fight already".

Dustin you should have waited a week or two bro.. you took that bait.
Probably gave him a really convincing number.

Connor has bigger fight with khabib. The chances of Connor beating both khabib and tony aren’t great so it’s fight or sit and wait for a small chance of a big payday in 18 mo. Should he win, maybe GSP would hop in line and that’s bigger money than Nate.
Nate needs to earn some money while he can. I’m not sure he will make a lot in his post mma career unless he makes it on weed.

But wait... What happened with i won't answer the phone unless it's for thr title porier???

Dustin is a bit chinny, is willing to brawl, and is susceptible to shit talk. Nate can absolutely win that fight.

Bad matchup for Poirier. Smart by Nate to wait for this fight. Gets him a quick number 1 contendership for Conor.

That's what I'm saying, it would not be on his old/non Conor soundtrack and would only come back for big bucks. I just don't see UFC shelling out millions for him to fight DP, which is no guarantee to sell well at all. We will need more details, and it could well be fake news, as they were saying he was fighting TWood last year. It could be a ploy to stay relevant too, who knows.

It is a much better matchup for him than George's and TWood, that's for sure.
They are starving for stars, after being involved in the 2 biggest fights in MMA history Nate obviously will have some kind of drawing power after and if he beats Porier and then cut a promo on the rest of the division his drawing power continues to grow.

When I see what the UFC are paying these guys that aren't draws it wouldn't surprise me to see them over pay Nate a little, maybe $1mil flat

I believe the fight is real

It also took away Khabib bargaining chip in the Conor negotiations, it's fight Conor or sit out now.

Hope Dustin does him way worse than Thompson did and put a nail in that coffin so that we can once and for all stop talking about Nate being a top guy. Hope Nate saved the money he made w Conor cos if he gets destroyed, the only way we see the trilogy is if Khabib mauls the Irishman.

I love when that happens tho. Matches that you don't think will happen Fucking happen.

IKR!?

im just became happpy out of nowhere

but when you see a rumor... then it turns official... that same happy feeling aint really there lol

War Nate! Dustin bout to get smoked by another southpaw. Again!

Even without knowing the main event yet I’ll predict this card does 800K+ PPVs mostly cause of Diaz. All the doubters and haters bout to see Nate’s drawing power.

looks like nates money ran out

or he is a fucking sell out

But wait... What happened with i won't answer the phone unless it's for thr title porier???
Inaugural 165 Championship fight? Conor wins, Nate wins, Conor vs Nate 3 for 165lb Championship and possibility of first ever 3 division Champ? Conor wins, Conor vs GSP for 165 Championship, Super Money fight, GSP chance at 3 weight Champ Champ Champ? Fuck, my head is spinning, lol

Last edited:
Back