Nate Diaz' recent mainstream exposure since beating McGregor

Those guys all have power in their hands and they didn't rely on their chins anywhere near the degree that the Diaz bros do. Diaz bros fights are so one-sided early on because they don't have the physical gifts that more powerful, explosive, muscular fighters do. They outlast. Those guys didn't try to outlast you. They tried to take it to you.

Diaz bros have volume instead of power. They always come to finish the fight.

If there weren't time limits Diaz bros would be finishing all of their opponents. Pacing yourself/cardio is the most important part of fighting, more important than technique and more important than power.

Also Wanderlei is the epitome of a fighter relying on his chin. He relied on his chin way more than Nate does for example.

Throwing down means they never back down, or try and run away from a fight. Regardless of whether their opponent might hit harder initially, they stand in the pocket and TRADE with them, and do not shy away from going toe to toe. That is the VERY definition of throwing down.

When they engage, they get absolutely mauled though. I don't think of their style as something very cool to watch, because they get obliterated early on. They can't hang with more powerful fighters until they gas. What you are essentially saying is "they stay in there and get the shit beat out of them, never back down, then win because he blew his wad"

Diaz bros have volume instead of power. They always come to finish the fight.

If there weren't time limits Diaz bros would be finishing all of their opponents. Pacing yourself/cardio is the most important part of fighting, more important than technique and more important than power.

Also Wanderlei is the epitome of a fighter relying on his chin. He relied on his chin way more than Nate does for example.

Yeah, and if a fight was on concrete they would get dropped on their head by a wrestler and immediately finished. We can talk hypotheticals all we want.

Also, Wand could finish you early without having to rely on his chin to withstand any kind of early storm. But sure, he was able to take shots and stay in there in some of his wars.

When they engage, they get absolutely mauled though. I don't think of their style as something very cool to watch, because they get obliterated early on. They can't hang with more powerful fighters until they gas. What you are essentially saying is "they stay in there and get the shit beat out of them, never back down, then win because he blew his wad"

You see it your way, I see it mine. You are entitled to your opinion. I see them, as obviously MOST fans do (based on their popularity) as fun scrappers who put on entertaining fights.

Yeah, and if a fight was on concrete they would get dropped on their head by a wrestler and immediately finished. We can talk hypotheticals all we want.

Also, Wand could finish you early without having to rely on his chin to withstand any kind of early storm.

Show me one fight where they were dropped on their heads other than Rory who was way oversized to be fighting Nate.

The octagon isn't soft. Drop someone on their head in the octagon and they will go out.

You see it your way, I see it mine. You are entitled to your opinion. I see them, as obviously MOST fans do (based on their popularity) as fun scrappers who put on entertaining fights.

Some fight fans see them as guys who lose quite a few fights nowadays, but since their attitude is relatable to some "gangsta" types they remain popular.

Show me one fight where they were dropped on their heads other than Rory who was way oversized to be fighting Nate.

The octagon isn't soft. Drop someone on their head in the octagon and they will go out.

GSP could do it. Rory. A guy like Woodley would do it. Hendricks would do it. Khabib would do it.

Plus the whole fact that he's being talked about a lot less, as I'm sure many fans have jumped ship.

His popularity, rise and stardom have definitely taken a hit since his "aura of invincibility" has disappeared.

Bullshit

He more popular/talked about now more than ever...The retirement tweet, the UFC 200 drama, the Mayweather rumors...He dominated the headlines for a solid month like never before without his "aura of invincibility".

Haha you're delusional man. Nobody pays to see somebody who gets their ass kicked all the time.

Conor will be another Roy Nelson after his next 2 losses which are basically guaranteed.

You're delusional if you think he loses star power by losing to Nate twice.

A lot of Connor's appeal was his "undefeated in the UFC and the best thing since sliced bread" shtick.

Notice how many of his dickriders on this site have already jumped ship and disappeared, or are a lot less vocal.

Where's JagWar? Jin? That Scottish dude? They all tucked tail and ran.

Conor lost to Duffy before he even got to the UFC. Anyone with a brain knows anyone can be defeated.

The best part was Conor talking mad shit about how all the guys he fights are midgets and the second he fights a slightly larger man he gets whooped.

That's why there are weight classes in MMA also Holloway and Poirier are not midgets.

You don't think he's been affected by the loss? Him being obsessed with a meaningless rematch while there's work to do in his own division is a pretty big side effect. Plus the whole fact that he's being talked about a lot less, as I'm sure many fans have jumped ship.

His popularity, rise and stardom have definitely taken a hit since his "aura of invincibility" has disappeared.

Everything you just typed is made up in your head. He'll always be a star because of his charisma.

Until he gets a weathered chin like Liddell, Hughes etc. He'll be one of the top fighters in the world at LW/FW.

Conor lost to Duffy before he even got to the UFC. Anyone with a brain knows anyone can be defeated.

Yes but that was a long time ago.

UFC Conor was supposed to be an unbeatable version, in his words anyway.

He really built his mystique after KOing Aldo like that. Even his haters started believing what he was saying and bought into the hype.

Shame that his reign ended so short, if he had KO'd RDA it would have been really awesome to see how things unfolded.

A lot of Connor's appeal was his "undefeated in the UFC and the best thing since sliced bread" shtick.

Notice how many of his dickriders on this site have already jumped ship and disappeared, or are a lot less vocal.

Where's JagWar? Jin? That Scottish dude? They all tucked tail and ran.
Add @Faceplanter and @Leinster Rugby to the list. I dogged these two through all of late 2015 until his very loss to Diaz and I never see anything from either of them anymore.

Yes but that was a long time ago.

UFC Conor was supposed to be an unbeatable version, in his words anyway.

He really built his mystique after KOing Aldo like that. Even his haters started believing what he was saying and bought into the hype.

Shame that his reign ended so short, if he had KO'd RDA it would have been really awesome to see how things unfolded.

Yea in HIS words. He's pumping a fight and bringing in a ton of money. That's why he talks shit.

He doesn't really dislike Nate Diaz. If you talked to him without a camera he'd be honest and respectful. He has to sell the cocky routine because it fucking works as you all buy into it.

Add @Faceplanter and @Leinster Rugby to the list. I dogged these two through all of late 2015 until his very loss to Diaz and I never see anything from either of them anymore.

My last post was a few hours ago. I'll support Conor win or lose.

Why the hell are you dodging me? I have no idea who you are and even if you hate Conor I wouldn't hold it against you or even care less. Weird.

Yea in HIS words. He's pumping a fight and bringing in a ton of money. That's why he talks shit.

He doesn't really dislike Nate Diaz. If you talked to him without a camera he'd be honest and respectful. He has to sell the cocky routine because it fucking works as you all buy into it.

Who said anything about him disliking Nate Diaz?

And are you really saying that there aren't casuals who thought that Conor was invincible? People constantly think that fighters are invincible.

They thought Fedor was invincible, they thought Anderson was invincible, they thought Ronda was invincible, then they thought Conor was invincible...

Fedor and Anderson obviously had the biggest mystiques about them. Conor had one as well but his reign on top ended way too quickly.

Who said anything about him disliking Nate Diaz?

And are you really saying that there aren't casuals who thought that Conor was invincible? People constantly think that fighters are invincible.

They thought Fedor was invincible, they thought Anderson was invincible, they thought Ronda was invincible, then they thought Conor was invincible...

Fedor and Anderson obviously had the biggest mystiques about them. Conor had one as well but his reign on top ended way too quickly.

There were ENDLESS "McGOAT" threads here prior to the Nate fight. Folks were touting him as P4P the greatest ever. lol

Everything you just typed is made up in your head. He'll always be a star because of his charisma.

Until he gets a weathered chin like Liddell, Hughes etc. He'll be one of the top fighters in the world at LW/FW.

Judge it by the amount of threads on here alone...if the hardcore audience isn't talking about him, you think the casuals are? How's he a top LW fighter when he hasn't fought there yet? Is he even still considered a FW?

Back