Nate Diaz' recent mainstream exposure since beating McGregor

UFC needs trilogy. No way Conor loses next time.

I just hope that Nate knocks Conor's ass out this time so that people stop saying that he submitted him and not mention that he beat him on the feet as well.

The establishment has cast a shadow over Diaz in an attempt to hide the truth: P4P GOAT

Nate has really become mainstream, and a fan favorite.

At some of the recent UFC events, when the cameras went into the crowd and panned on him, you could actually here the crowd roaring. haha

Diaz bros, love or hate them, are fun mixed martial artists, who always come to throw down.

If your definition of "throwing down" is pitter-pat punches after the other guy gasses and has unleashed an absolute onslaught on them. See Paul Daley, Conor, BJ, Cyborg etc.

Me, I'm more into watching fighters with power and aggression from the get go. Think Wand, Lombard, Lawler, etc.

Conor always said he wanted the 155 belt next, and if he can't get through Nate who is a normal LW, he can't pretend that weight had anything to do with it.

All of Conor's fighting a bigger man excuses were such a joke...

Weight has everything to do with it. Until Nate can make Featherweight then it's a big man beating a little man. Also as long as the fight is at WW then it doesn't say anything to how Conor would perform at 155.

He's champion because he fights in another weight class instead of defending.

And that massive money might fade if he loses to Nate ...... again. He'll still be a draw, but two losses in a row to the same guy has to hurt.

Then there is the whole dropping back to 145 thing.... it seemed quite tough (the weight cut) in the past.

He has a massive amount of pressure on him at the moment, we'll see how he handles it.

None of that matters. He WILL lose to Nate again and it won't change anything. He'll still be a huge draw a big time talent and be fighting in big fights for years.

And all of the haters will have to continue to bitch.

Changed it how? Conor is still the champion and still brings in huge numbers and still gets paid a ton of money.
You don't think he's been affected by the loss? Him being obsessed with a meaningless rematch while there's work to do in his own division is a pretty big side effect. Plus the whole fact that he's being talked about a lot less, as I'm sure many fans have jumped ship.

His popularity, rise and stardom have definitely taken a hit since his "aura of invincibility" has disappeared.

Nate's always been my favourite Diaz brother. Nick has a loose screw and hurt Nate's image.

None of that matters. He WILL lose to Nate again and it won't change anything. He'll still be a huge draw a big time talent and be fighting in big fights for years.

The best part was Conor talking mad shit about how all the guys he fights are midgets and the second he fights a slightly larger man he gets whooped.

If your definition of "throwing down" is pitter-pat punches after the other guy gasses and has unleashed an absolute onslaught on them. See Paul Daley, Conor, BJ, Cyborg etc.

Me, I'm more into watching fighters with power and aggression from the get go. Think Wand, Lombard, Lawler, etc.

Name 1 brawl that the Diaz bros lost.

They always come to throw down and they almost always come out on top in striking fights.

If you try to finish the Diaz bros, you're most likely going to end up being finished yourself.

A lot of Connor's appeal was his "undefeated in the UFC and the best thing since sliced bread" shtick.

Notice how many of his dickriders on this site have already jumped ship and disappeared, or are a lot less vocal.

Where's JagWar? Jin? That Scottish dude? They all tucked tail and ran.

Name 1 brawl that the Diaz bros lost.

They always come to throw down and they almost always come out on top in striking fights.

If you try to finish the Diaz bros, you're most likely going to end up being finished yourself.

You are missing my point. Your definition of throwing down is a bit different than mine. Sure they engage, but usually they pitter pat early when the other guy beats on them (often they get hit with nuclear bombs here), the other guy gasses and they turn it up a bit. They rely on their chins and cardio.

I like fighters who throw with power, aggression, and get in the pocket to finish fights. Not some outlast strategy that relies on the chin and pitter pats thrown from bambi legs. I'm not denying they win many striking bouts. But they also will never be UFC champions and have been beaten by a slew of guys like RDA, Josh Thompson, Sean Sherk, GSP, etc.

You are missing my point. Your definition of throwing down is a bit different than mine. Sure they engage, but usually they pitter pat early when the other guy beats on them (often they get hit with nuclear bombs here), the other guy gasses and they turn it up a bit. They rely on their chins.

So what? Relying on your chin is often apart of throwing down.

Wanderlei, Chuck, Hendo, BJ... All basically the definition of fighters who throw down, and all of them relied on their chin.

So what? Relying on your chin is often apart of throwing down.

Wanderlei, Chuck, Hendo, BJ... All basically the definition of fighters who throw down, and all of them relied on their chin.

Those guys all have power in their hands and they didn't rely on their chins anywhere near the degree that the Diaz bros do. Diaz bros fights are so one-sided early on because they don't have the physical gifts that more powerful, explosive, muscular fighters do. They outlast. Those guys didn't try to outlast you. They tried to take it to you.

What mainstream exposure? Appearing on Conan and what else? It's cool whenever an MMA fighter gets an opportunity like that, I just wish it wasn't a Diaz.

You are missing my point. Your definition of throwing down is a bit different than mine. Sure they engage, but usually they pitter pat early when the other guy beats on them (often they get hit with nuclear bombs here), the other guy gasses and they turn it up a bit. They rely on their chins and cardio.

I like fighters who throw with power, aggression, and get in the pocket to finish fights. Not some outlast strategy that relies on the chin and pitter pats thrown from bambi legs. I'm not denying they win many striking bouts. But they also will never be UFC champions and have been beaten by a slew of guys like RDA, Josh Thompson, Sean Sherk, GSP, etc.

Throwing down means they never back down, or try and run away from a fight. Regardless of whether their opponent might hit harder initially, they stand in the pocket and TRADE with them, and do not shy away from going toe to toe. That is the VERY definition of throwing down.

Haha you're delusional man. Nobody pays to see somebody who gets their ass kicked all the time.

Conor will be another Roy Nelson after his next 2 losses which are basically guaranteed.

Back