Nate Diaz only made 16 grand against RDA

Rumor is he got a huge front payment for his last contract. That's why the individual fights are not well paid, he got all the money up front.
It would make sense, especially if he had a personal need for money up front. And it used to be you could at least count on Nate to show up at weight and put on a good fight despite whatever stuff he might flake off on. If they show up and meet their media obligations and make weight then I could see backloading anything in the future like win bonuses and undisclosed bonuses plus potential post-fight bonuses. But at this point I wouldnt trust either guy not to just leave in-between rounds! They both are starting to irritate me with the self-sabatage. Yeah I never been huge fans cause of how they act but I respect how they fight. And they are starting to make the second part irrelevent and that is just sad. I dont even care about the losses, it is just hard to get behind someone that clearly doesnt want to be there when so many do.

Lol, after taxes, camp fees, manager etc I make more than Nate if he got paid that every fight and fought three times a year.

Let me express that what I do for a living involves no education or experience. It's an entry level job that I've had since I was 16 that I use to put food in my mouth until I finish college. Nate should hit me up for a job because these scumbags at Zuffa are obviously fucking him. He should be making 5 times what I make considering I serve and bartend for a fucking living while he is an insanely popular top ten fighter in the best fighting organization in the world.

He lost 20 percent of his purse because of losing weight, which means he makes 20k/20k. That's decent for up and coming fighters, but Nate isn't an up and coming fighter. They're aren't really many bigger draws at LW than him.

Anyone defending this obviously is one of those negative fucks that can't handle anyone being worth more than them. Yes, Nate should be making more than you are at your shit job that you probably, with your obvious shit attitude and terrible logic, aren't even an asset for.

Last edited:
Lol, after taxes, camp fees, manager etc I make more than Nate if he got paid that every fight and fought three times a year.

Let me express that what I do for a living involves no education or experience. It's an entry level job that I've had since I was 16 that I use to put food in my mouth until I finish college. Nate should hit me up for a job because these scumbags at Zuffa are obviously fucking him. He should be making 5 times what I make considering I serve and bartend for a fucking living while he is an insanely popular top ten fighter in the best fighting organization in the world.

He lost 20 percent of his purse because of losing weight, which means he makes 20k/20k. That's decent for up and coming fighters, but Nate isn't an up and coming fighter. They're aren't really many bigger draws at LW than him.

Anyone defending this obviously is one of those negative fucks that can't handle anyone being worth more than them. Yes, Nate should be making more than you are at your shit job that you probably, with your obvious shit attitude and terrible logic, aren't even a asset for.

This is spot on. Some idiots on here let their hate for Nate blind them, and act like he doesn't deserve more. I dislike the guy, but he earns so little for the type of competition he is facing.

This is spot on. Some idiots on here let their hate for Nate blind them, and act like he doesn't deserve more. I dislike the guy, but he earns so little for the type of competition he is facing.

Unfortunately most of the world aren't as logical as you and aren't able to take their biases out of their opinions. I completely understand that Nate can be a tough guy to like depending on how you perceive his actions. He is either hit or miss with people. You either think he's an immature disrespectful fucker, or a badass fighter who takes no shit.

That's the exact reason he's so popular though. You WANT people to either hate or love you because that's what puts asses in seats. People are watching to see you get your ass whipped or to put the whoop ass on someone else. I think fighters need to take notes because this is the exact reason why Nick gets all these huge fights. I mean you can try to be as respect as you can and you might gain some fans, but not as many as Nate has by being himself. Plus the people who aren't fans won't really care about your fights as they won't dislike you thus won't care about you getting beat up. That's the reason Ali is known as the GOAT, I know people want to say it was his boxing skills, and Ali was one of the best ever, but the reason he's known as the GOAT that separates himself from the Dempseys and the Marcianos is because of his entertainment outside the ring. People used to HATE Ali, but now the fucking love him for the same shit they used too hate him for. It's called promoting yourself and your brand. You want people to know you, even if they hate you.

Anyways back to the real point. You're able to take your biases out of your opinion but most of the world can't do that. Honestly most of the world is pretty stupid. I mean for god sakes look at how most of the world judges a guy like P. Manning, not by his incredible performances as a player, but rather judge the performance his team has put on, something he doesn't even have full control over. Manning is one of the best, probably the best QB to ever live, yet people discredit him because he "can't win big games" when the game is a team port and ALREADY has won a superbowl. How many do you need to win to get credit? You can only make so many plays, but if offensive line can't protect you how can you throw the ball? If your line and RB can't run the ball how many 3rd and longs can you produce? If your WR can't run good routes or catch the ball how can you do your job? If you produce 48 points but your defense gives up 51 how do you expect to win? By that logic Eli is better than Peyton, and Trent Dilfer is better than Marino. People are stupid and negative.

That's why fighters like Nate get hated on, while if this happened to a guy like Shogun, before all the front runners left his bandwagon, then they would complain he wasn't getting paid. Anther thing, people in this era are negative. Look at all the credit that guys like Jerry West, Staubach, MJ used to get. Mr. Clutch, Captain Comeback etc. If those guys played in this era they wouldn't have those nicknames and would get shredded. People call Kobe, one of the greatest to play, a ballhog but they obviously never watched MJ play because he was 100 times worse and constantly took horrible shots. He did it because he was the best. At the same time you guy people hating on Lebron because he passes to wide open players when double team in the 4th quarter. So Kobe is a ballhog if he tries to take over the end of games, and Lebron is a choke artist for doing the exact opposite.

People in this generation just love to criticize people no matter what they do. Sure, someone might get some credit one year, but they will quickly turn on them. I remember a few years ago after the Pats lost in the first round people were saying they were done and wouldn't be elite anytime soon while calling for belichicks head.
Nobody can do anything right, atleast for long in this generation. It shows the negativity people have now. They just want to criticize people to prove that they aren't better than them. They just want to put people down to build themselves up.

Same reason people on this forum don't want fighters to get paid more, and use their own irrelevant jobs/income as an excuse why they shouldn't be paid more. It's like they truly believe they are truly worth the same, or are attempting to claim they are to make themselves feel better. People need to realize what happens at their job irrelevant because they are NOWHERE NEAR the worth of these fighters no matter how much they dislike it. Yes they're double standards when it comes to fighters. People with value receive double standards because they are worth more than you. Just because you get fired at your job at starbacks for not showing up doesn't mean Nick/Nate will. He won't because he is worth more than you and he isn't replaceable like you are

Those are the cold hard facts people need to realize and accept. Sorry for all the sports examples but sports and peoples opinions on them have shown me how flawed our society is. Most of this doesn't just apply to sports but to everything, it's just much more obvious to see in sports.

Anyone defending this obviously is one of those negative fucks that can't handle anyone being worth more than them. Yes, Nate should be making more than you are at your shit job that you probably, with your obvious shit attitude and terrible logic, aren't even an asset for.

Thing is, if i was very unhappy with my pay and employer, I'd dust off my resume and go get my self a new fucking job.

Nate is a big boy, he signed his contract and chose to work for the UFC.

He also isn't top 10 btw, and is 1-3 in recent fights with some brutal losses. Throw in his shit attitude with missing weight and i don't really feel sorry for the guy.

Back