News Nate Diaz officially free

Dude.. this has absolutely nothing to do with Izzy... I didn't even mention him...

You're the one bringing him up...

Look I've had lots of long arguments about the UFC contracts, free agency, and the lawsuit back when that kinda stuff brought up more often. And during the pandemic I would arguments that would go for pages and pages that fighters are should exercise free agency to combat UFC low wages and would get constant lectures about how everyone was trapped forever and how naive I was. And now that free agency becoming more of a thing I'm busting some balls.... Making people eat crow if fair game on Sherdog...

I've read most of those threads and nobody said anyone was trapped forever.

Doesn't this just mean removed from roster? Or is he completely free?
He's free. I think there was a 3 month non compete in his contract meaning he had to wait 3 months after his final fight before he could entertain offers from elsewhere.

Future Slap Ffight Champ

ddc8f0b21ccfb34a.gif

They aren't allowing it, Nate is at the end of his contract and Nate wants to do other stuff like box for more money than UFC is willing to pay him. Nate doesn't have many money fight options left in UFC. Conor is still injured and he only really has Masvidal left. He can make more boxing Jake Paul than staying with UFC waiting for those fights. Plus he can sign one fight contracts so he can have a lot of freedom to do whatever instead of being stuck in a multi-fight contract.
You act like there are all these people lined up to pay top dollar endlessly to a old, washed out has been.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he ends up signing back with the UFC for a Conor fight either immediately after checking his options or after a boxing match if he can get a fight with Paul.

Even though he lost a decision based on subjective criteria, in a parking lot he beats Edwards that night and therefore he is the WW champion leaving the company.

i guess now it's just a matter of time for all those offers and millions of dollars to come pouring in to him after hearing about it for the past few years.
{<jordan}
Probably will to be honest.

Do you actually think otherwise? No way his next fight isnt for a million plus.

Is he free completely though? Dont they have some mad policy where UFC can still match any offer he gets and he still need to fight there or some BS like that?

I’m kinda surprised the UFC is allowing this to happen. He’s obviously going to go box and lose to Paul for a shit load of money.

do you know what a being a free agent is. you do know nate wont make more than he got from the conor fight fighting anyone not named conor.

how long until he becomes a punching bag by Jake ?

Diaz is gonna kill jake hope he takes a tuneup first

Diaz was fortunate to end his ufc career on a high note. But now, he will likely venture into boxing/wwe territory and it will extremely cringeworthy.

Hope he makes some good money at least

Back