News Nate Diaz officially free

loakvc3s0su11.png

Dude.. this has absolutely nothing to do with Izzy... I didn't even mention him...

You're the one bringing him up...

Look I've had lots of long arguments about the UFC contracts, free agency, and the lawsuit back when that kinda stuff brought up more often. And during the pandemic I would arguments that would go for pages and pages that fighters are should exercise free agency to combat UFC low wages and would get constant lectures about how everyone was trapped forever and how naive I was. And now that free agency becoming more of a thing I'm busting some balls.... Making people eat crow if fair game on Sherdog...
I mean I dont have a dog in the fight here. But you’re saying because it is finally happening that it could’ve happened long ago before the lawsuit? I think the lawsuit brought a lot of predatory practices to light and since then the UFC has changed the way contracts are structured and you are starting to see that. There’s plenty of fighters who have been screwed by the ufc.

I’m kinda surprised the UFC is allowing this to happen. He’s obviously going to go box and lose to Paul for a shit load of money.
They aren't allowing it, Nate is at the end of his contract and Nate wants to do other stuff like box for more money than UFC is willing to pay him. Nate doesn't have many money fight options left in UFC. Conor is still injured and he only really has Masvidal left. He can make more boxing Jake Paul than staying with UFC waiting for those fights. Plus he can sign one fight contracts so he can have a lot of freedom to do whatever instead of being stuck in a multi-fight contract.

At this point can every old-washed up MMA fighter stay away from Jake Paul?

Dana likes the diaz bros, he wants them to make money and be ok after their ufc careers are over. He wouldn’t let Nate go otherwise.
When the contract ends, it's not their choice. Don't forget UFC tried to have Nate fight Khamzat as his last fight on his contract lol.

He ends the Paul thing.

I guarantee it.

I really think he'd beat TF out of Jake.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jake ducks him.
Anderson Silva was a much harder fight than Nate and Jake beat him

Nate is done, he looked like shit against the worst version of Tony

Finally. Happy for Nate. It’s been a long time coming.

Doesn't this just mean removed from roster? Or is he completely free?

Think of how much money the trilogy with Conor would do *today*.

Now imagine how much more it does if Nate beats Jake Paul and Conor beats literally anyone in his UFC return. Hell, even if they both lose, it would still be an easy sell.

When there is this much money on the table, chances are the fight will happen.

If this doesn't somehow lead to Nate v Dillon Danis, then shame on everyone involved.
And I already know it won't.
<{chips}>
<{dayum}>

I honestly think that many of You are grossly under-estimating Nate Diaz. Yes, even though Nate is 12 years older and not as quick as he was when he was 25 (Jake Paul's current age) I truly believe that in a 5+ round scrap, Nate's fighting IQ is such that he would get his timing down after a few rounds and start doing some damage, like he did to Leon Edwards. And PLEASE, do not retort with Spider as he is 47 years old and had no business in that boxing ring.

mma-chat-leon-edwards.gif

Back