News Nate Diaz officially a free agent

It’s comedic people here really think he would entertain the idea of BKFC when the obvious Jake Paul fight is on the table.

Last edited:
Seems like the Paul fight would be number one on his list. But I highly doubt he take that without another deal in place so if he lost it couldn't be used against him in negations.

If Paul is serious about MMA at some point this might be the perfect storm. Nate signs with Showtime/Bellator and they box first and late next year they fight in the Bellator cage. With Nate rarely trying to take fights to the ground it might be very interesting match up in MMA for Paul.

What is next for Nate? I was leaning towards Nate re-signing with the UFC given the lack if viable match ups outside the UFC. Also, after the last Jake Paul fight I just dont see Nate fighting him anymore, Jake is just too big and powerful for Nate.

So, what's next for Nate? ONE, PFL, and Bellator should be going all in for him. Who has the best chance at signing him?

We were not so far from sensation - Oktagonmma managment was lately negotatiating with Nate. They offered him short notice title fight (MW) + place in WW grand prix with 1,000,000 eur prizepool. - Unsuccesfully, Nate wanted way too much money.

We were not so far from sensation - Oktagonmma managment was lately negotatiating with Nate. They offered him short notice title fight (MW) + place in WW grand prix with 1,000,000 eur prizepool. - Unsuccesfully, Nate wanted way too much money.
I actually also made an offer to Niaz to fight in my start up promotion, however sadly Nate Diaz said no thanks and his money demands were too much for my budget

I actually also made an offer to Niaz to fight in my start up promotion, however sadly Nate Diaz said no thanks and his money demands were too much for my budget
The problem is that he wont negotatiate with u, but whatever, right?

Of to go lose to Jake Paul as is the new MMA retirement meta.
It's huge money and doesn't even count against him as far as his MMA record goes - win/win.
Anyone, including other MMA fighters, criticizing MMA legends fighting the Paul brothers are akin to Greta with her 'how dare you'.

I actually did negotiate with him over a blunt.
Multiple sources reported that Oktagon negotatiated with Nate and even offered unusual amount of money to him, but he wanted even more and rejected...

Promotion owner later announced that its true and that offer was 1.000.000 Euro to fight Kincl on shortnotice. - Nate reportedly couldnt accept because he cant fight for any other MMA promotion for 3 more months, not because of money...

I know it sounds crazy but its most likely truth, mainly when Nogueira is supposed to have fight in much,much less popular and more unknown Cz/Sk promotion - RFA. Which is absolute crazyness to me.

Last edited:
Multiple sources reported that Oktagon negotatiated with Nate and even offered unusual amount of money to him, but he wanted even more and rejected...

Promotion owner later announced that its true and that offer was 1.000.000 Euro to fight Kincl on shortnotice. - Nate reportedly couldnt accept because he cant fight for any other MMA promotion for 3 more months, not because of money...

I know it sounds crazy but its most likely truth, mainly when Nogueira is supposed to have fight in much,much less popular and more unknown Cz/Sk promotion - RFA. Which is absolute crazyness to me.
Minotouro is back to fighting.......that's just sad

I can't stand Feldman or BKFC. Hope Nate goes anywhere but there. Would like to see him in Bellator, but it would seem the Jake Paul fight would be next.
Yo yo yo Nate be BKB all the times fo no pay on the skreets of Stockton! Why.not gets paid?

Doubt the guy is making it up, but damn is Nate really that much of draw fighting over in Italy? I know they broadcast worldwide but I'm pretty sure 99% of the poster on Sherdog have never heard of Oktagon.

I think these orgs are going to find out a deal with Diaz isn't going to easy and probably not worth it either.

He is turning 38 pretty soon. Not the best record over the last 10 years. No org should be offering him crazy money with no way of making that back up in the revenue department. Really the only two things makes sense.
- He resigns with the UFC. UFC can afford to pay him and they can make the money up on PPV's.
- Showtime approaches him and signs him to a Boxing/Bellator contract and he fights Paul in boxing PPV and later in the year he fights Paul in MMA match(maybe a Bellator PPV).

Those are the only ways any promotion can meet his demands and make a decent business decision by doing it. Anyone else is just going to lose money or can't even afford to pay him in the first place, the money would be spent better on other fighters to help the org as a whole for a longer term.

Doubt the guy is making it up, but damn is Nate really that much of draw fighting over in Italy? I know they broadcast worldwide but I'm pretty sure 99% of the poster on Sherdog have never heard of Oktagon.

I think these orgs are going to find out a deal with Diaz isn't going to easy and probably not worth it either.

He is turning 38 pretty soon. Not the best record over the last 10 years. No org should be offering him crazy money with no way of making that back up in the revenue department. Really the only two things makes sense.
- He resigns with the UFC. UFC can afford to pay him and they can make the money up on PPV's.
- Showtime approaches him and signs him to a Boxing/Bellator contract and he fights Paul in boxing PPV and later in the year he fights Paul in MMA match(maybe a Bellator PPV).

Those are the only ways any promotion can meet his demands and make a decent business decision by doing it. Anyone else is just going to lose money or can't even afford to pay him in the first place, the money would be spent better on other fighters to help the org as a whole for a longer term.
U must be talking about wrong promotion
-
Oktagon is orignally Czech/Slovak promotion which started in 2016 with Czech/Slovak "TUF" series(Oktagon Challenge) . Only after 3 years - Oktagon 15: Prague- 21.000 fans in attendance - 400,000 people watched prelims on free tv and next xxx.xxx people main card on PPV (viewers from 48 countries).

2020 (plans on expansion are ruined by covid) - Oktagon Underground - PPV with multiple languages. Only two promotions were able to adapt to covid situation and stay profitable - UFC and Oktagon. (or atleast i think so)

2022 - Broadcast deal with German TV and same start as in Cz/Sk- Oktagon Challenge Germany.

June - OKTAGON 33:Frankfurt-sold out - 10.000+ fans in attendance (most succesfull mma event in history of Germany)

October - OKTAGON:36:Frankfurt 2, again sold out. (next event should be in Berlin-2023).

2023 - WW grandprix with 1.000.000 euro prizepool (official)

Oktagon Challenge UK vs Ireland (unofficial)

-Signing of Nate or someone with similiar "star power" should bring them lot and lot of new fans and hype...which means faster growth. - They are planning to be nr.1 in Europe.

Back