Nate Diaz offered interim title fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov

The question is if Nate will settle for a payout that still makes sense for the UFC. I would venture to guess that he would take nothing less than what he got for UFC 202, because that's at least what he's expecting to make for his trilogy fight with Conor.

Will the UFC think this fight is worth it? I don't know. Unless they make it happen in Russia, maybe.

Yep that's really what it comes down too. Knowing Diaz I have no idea what he's going to want here.

Conor is out, so they want a replacement champ for the meantime. That's what interim means.
He's out until May because of his choosing. It's not like he's hurt for a year or two. Why don't they just call it the number one contenders match?

Khabib is hungry af at the moment for that title...

He's gonna run through Nate...

Fuck an open-handed slap - he's gonna get slammed.

Rory_MacDonald_vs._Nate_Diaz_9.gif

if nate and khabib were talking about fighting, i dont think dana would survive the negotiations

RDA kicked his legs alot. I dont see Khabib becoming as adept as RDA is at kicking legs out of nowhere. I still think Khabib wins but RDA didnt just use wrestling to win.
Right, but once he took him down he dominated nate, and look how the grappling between khabib rda went.

Point being just wrestling/grappling is enough to beat nate.

Khabib is hungry af at the moment for that title...

He's gonna run through Nate...

Fuck an open-handed slap - he's gonna get slammed.

Rory_MacDonald_vs._Nate_Diaz_9.gif

Rory is a beasty WW with an elite wrestling and striking game, who would soundly beat khabib worse than he did nate.
Khabib dosnt have the stand up to close the distance on nate and hasn't fought anyone as comfortable off their back. Only way kbib wins is via bare minimum blanket.

Got no real interest in Khabib vs Diaz fight, but would watch. I hope that Khabib don't take the fight and see's what Tony is trying to do. He's trying to stuff both your pockets with duckets. You both fight in the hottest division of the UFC their biggest New LW star is on maternity leave the division needz to move along both at the back & front.

The back of the division is no problem the front of the division "We have a problem" I'm not sure if Khabib realizes but Tony sure does they in a power position just don't sign sh!t, Conor changed the game as he claims so play the game and get paid. Don't look for a Conor deal you all ain't there yet, but you can get a better deal than you ever had before at this time & hour.

Everybody knows Diaz is nowhere near deserving to fight for an interim title the UFC is trying to use you, your money fight is with Ferguson that's what most people wanna see.

Has Nate even said anything? how can they offer a fight with Nate? Nate said he didnt want to fight at all unless it was Conor. Seems goofy for him to come back against Khabib of all people. Why would he risk the Conor payday on a guy like that? If Nate isnt even involved in this why offer him a fight with Khabib,Khabib hasnt mentioned nate at all in his adress to Aldo,and reiterated his stance that he only wants to fight Tony,and is not into these schenanigans. Something fishy is going on.

Rory is a beasty WW with an elite wrestling and striking game, who would soundly beat khabib worse than he did nate.
Khabib dosnt have the stand up to close the distance on nate and hasn't fought anyone as comfortable off their back. Only way kbib wins is via bare minimum blanket.
Umm khabib fought RDA who's better off his back and we saw how that fight went

This is a tough fight for both guys, but Nate should be chomping at the bit for this fight. This lines him up perfectly for another shot at a huge money fight against McGregor and a possible legitimate title. If he beats Khabib, he gets an interim title, whatever that's worth these days.

Khabib should be begging for McGregor, holding out for anything but that dream matchup for him. I would be avoiding Diaz like the plague if I were him in this situation.

Khabibs going to manhandle Nate and make Conor look inadequate for how much trouble Nate has given him in both fights.

Then Conor fans are going to want Khabib to fight someone else or for Conor to ditch the division.

I have a feeling Khabib takes a very dominant decision.

Difference being the UFC may pay more for Nate thinking they will get a better return.
OR...the UFC could be using this as a negotiating tactic against Tony, knowing damn well Nate won't take the fight.

Back