Nate Diaz offered interim title fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov

Nate is a bigger draw than Tony. Probably by quite a lot.

The UFC likely views Nate as the better economic value.

That's true too. I could see them willing to pay Diaz more then they are willing to pay Tony.

There is no significance to an interim belt and this proves it.

Holy Shit, Nate record at 155 is pretty pathetic over recent past.

Since January 1, 2012 his record at 155 looks like this:

W vs Miller
L vs Ben Henderson
L vs Thomson
W vs Maynard
L vs RDJ
W vs Johnson

He's 3-3 over the past 59 months (60 months as of December 31) and only has 2 fights at 155 in the past 3 years.

Really? In which fight did he prove a wrestling oriented plan cant beat him? The last two guys to wrestle him were rda and benson.
RDA kicked his legs alot. I dont see Khabib becoming as adept as RDA is at kicking legs out of nowhere. I still think Khabib wins but RDA didnt just use wrestling to win.

Please make this happen if Tony doesn't want the fight. That means Conor has to fight Khabib when he comes back. Has to. Literally no way around not fighting the interim champ as the unified champ.

That's true too. I could see them willing to pay Diaz more then they are willing to pay Tony.
The question is if Nate will settle for a payout that still makes sense for the UFC. I would venture to guess that he would take nothing less than what he got for UFC 202, because that's at least what he's expecting to make for his trilogy fight with Conor.

Will the UFC think this fight is worth it? I don't know. Unless they make it happen in Russia, maybe.

Nate via flying triangle choke.
tumblr_n901agOR791ry1rm7o3_400.gif

I definitely agree that Diaz needs a win at 155 before he rematches McGregor for the belt...... So at least there's that?

If anything, Conor needed an actual win at LW before getting a title shot in the division.

Bold move by the UFC.

I thought they'd be giving Nate easy fights. Casuals and McGregor role players think he is a hybrid of Silva, Jones and GSP - surely they don't want to derail that hype train, and make McGregor's loss even more embarrassing?

No way. There is no way Tony is asking for MORE money than Nate is for a comeback. As usual, none of these fight rumors make a god damn bit of sense.

It wouldn't be about that. It would just be about putting Tony in his place.

Well Nate knows that Kebab is a wrestler so he knows what to train for. Interesting fight since Nate wants Conor again and this gets him the Conor fight if he wins. I like that it's a 5 rounder since it gives Nate more time to wear down Kebab who would probably grind him out in a 3 rounder.

Back