Nate Diaz leaving MMA for boxing

I like Nate (or at least watching him fight). But talking shit on Conor's boxing after getting boxed up on the feet by Conor...and then saying he wants to go to boxing...doesn't really make sense to me.

At first I thought Nate was being smart and crafty by refusing to fight anyone but Conor, but is it just me or is he slowly sliding back into that traditional Diaz delusional "never lost a fight" crap. I have a feeling the longer he sits on the sidelines and plays the "I beat Conor" card, he is going to get lost in the shuffle. He is slowly becoming irrelevant.

I'd like to see him get back in the Octagon, doesn't have to be a Diaz v. McGregor 3 - just get back in there and stay relevant instead of sideline whining.
McGregor-uppercut.gif

Well the commission said Conor needs a boxing fight before he faces Mayweather, so Conor can fight Nate first in a boxing match.

Of course, Nate would finish Conor in a 10 rounder, then Nate can get the big payday Mayweather fight.

Maybe Nate and Conor can have a boxing match for their 3rd installment.

That would be pretty cool. If it has more than 3 rounds conor gonna lose though.

Anyway if nate doesnt spend all his time on boxing for the next 3-5 years there is no way he would get past any better ranked opponent. Its a different game.

Not sure how the UFC will replace all the ppv sales Nate contributes...

Nate Diaz as a main eventer by PPV averages for 2016 is the HIGHEST in the UFC. Nate Diaz = PPV King.

Very easy to add the one clean punch he landed in either fight. BTW, I am on the record saying that was an exceptionally clean 1-2 that he landed from beginning of the sequence to the very end. If we are being realistic though, and not hand selecting one GIF to make our point, it's pretty evident he mostly got picked apart on the feet by someone he had reach on.

I am not a Nate hater, it's just pretty evident his much vaunted boxing was slightly better than average in BOTH McGregor fights.

I really wish Nate would stick with it....

I know he made a shit ton of money off those last 2 fights and he is sitting back enjoying it which he should........BUUT his stock is now at an all time high. He worked his entire career to get to the point he could make this kind of money fighting now he doesn't want to fight.

I guarantee if UFC promoted the shit out of Nate as a main event fighting for the belt at 155 or 170 he would do big numbers with or without Conor. UFC could set up Nate against the winner of Khabib/Ferguson before Conor comes back if he stays out too long.

Cmon Nate!!! I hope he is set for life but I kinda doubt it. He fought so many times for peanuts do a couple more big paydays then cash out

Very easy to add the one clean punch he landed in either fight. BTW, I am on the record saying that was an exceptionally clean 1-2 that he landed from beginning of the sequence to the very end. If we are being realistic though, and not hand selecting one GIF to make our point, it's pretty evident he mostly got picked apart on the feet by someone he had reach on.

I am not a Nate hater, it's just pretty evident his much vaunted boxing was slightly better than average in BOTH McGregor fights.
conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

cjKSXqk.gif

<{hughesimpress}>

Diaz bros, always saying they want out.....getting old.

Anyone who clicked on the article knows he's using it as a bargaining tool to get big fights

No its way better than average mma standards but he looks sloppy at times and gets hit pretty often. It seems most people think he only won the first fight because of the 1-2 and conor gassing but he hit him with a lot of good jabs, right check hooks and bodyshots that people dont give him any credit for. Conor is years ahead most ufc fighters when it comes to boxing but both diaz put a lot of time in sparring rounds with guys like ward as well and it shows.

I really wish Nate would stick with it....

I know he made a shit ton of money off those last 2 fights and he is sitting back enjoying it which he should........BUUT his stock is now at an all time high. He worked his entire career to get to the point he could make this kind of money fighting now he doesn't want to fight.

I guarantee if UFC promoted the shit out of Nate as a main event fighting for the belt at 155 or 170 he would do big numbers with or without Conor. UFC could set up Nate against the winner of Khabib/Ferguson before Conor comes back if he stays out too long.

Cmon Nate!!! I hope he is set for life but I kinda doubt it. He fought so many times for peanuts do a couple more big paydays then cash out

He won at least $2.6 million in his last two fights with McGregor. It might not be enough to live a super lavish lifestyle, but if you are frugal that could last you the rest of your life.

But I agree I really want to see Nate continue fighting. He put on awesome fights for years and the big paychecks are well deserved.

He won at least $2.6 million in his last two fights with McGregor. It might not be enough to live a super lavish lifestyle, but if you are frugal that could last you the rest of your life.

But I agree I really want to see Nate continue fighting. He put on awesome fights for years and the big paychecks are well deserved.
Oh I agree, give me 2 millon ill definitely be set for life. But the more you make the more you spend, I doubt Nate is holding on to his money that tight because he figures he can make it again.

Sounds like Nate sees the light.

“I’m not doing it for a publicity stunt,” said Diaz. “I’m doing it because I love the sport of boxing. I want to win fights for real and get out of this MMA (expletive) that I ain’t even into anyway.”

Mayweather would probably sign him to TMT and put him on some decent cards against some cans for his name recognition.

More like negotiating.. same like his brother did in the past.

Too many people from the boxing community getting in his ear since Conor made him famous. Hes believing all of it too. He wont make a good boxer. Why would he let all his jiu jitsu talent go to waste?

Well...good luck with that.

Back