Nate Diaz is the man.

Real in the sense that he's pretty honest in admitting that he's terrified before he fights. And also real in admitting that they don't actually like hurting people and that's why they aren't friendly to their opponents before fights- because they don't want to hurt someone they consider a friend.

The Diaz brothers take all of the anxiety and fear that any human on the entire earth would feel in a simulated death match and let it out by yelling and cursing in the same way that people scream at the top of their lungs when they're on a roller coaster.

They're obviously scared shitless in their fights but say "fuck it" and go all in anyways.
GoT_slapping_joffrey.gif

Being a Nick fan I think I have always Nate.
i was a Nick fan then i saw Nate on TUF i was like this fool better come with it. but he showed he is just as talented as Nick and fight after fight he left no doubt he isn't just Nick's little brother. win or lose both Nick and Nate are some of the most gangster ass mofos on the planet.

Nate isn't nice to who he is fighting, but away from that he seems like a good person. Props to Nate for what he has accomplished in the sport, he is a legend.

Nate isn't nice to who he is fighting, but away from that he seems like a good person.

Except when he is involved in brawls in public places with people he isn't fighting, brawls inside the cage with people he isn't fighting, spewing angry tirades, and flipping people off.

What a good person!

Except when he is involved in brawls in public places with people he isn't fighting, brawls inside the cage with people he isn't fighting, spewing angry tirades, and flipping people off.

What a good person!

You're acting like because he is not YOUR type of person then he must automatically be a BAD person.
He's not.

He is a guy, from a very rough place, who got an education on the streets instead of in universities.
He has always shown a willingness to fight, always shown respect for those in the sport that deserve it, and has always been loyal to the tight-knit group of friends he started his career with.
He has rarely, if ever, done anything remotely close to being a, "company man" which is why teenagers / young men / rebels / fighters tend to gravitate towards him.

I have been a fan of Nick Diaz since I first saw him fight and beat Drew Fickett (who at the time was considered one of the best in the world at his weight class) by TKO back in 2005.
I have been a fan of Nate Diaz since I saw him tell Karo Parisyan to eat a dick on TUF while sticking up for his brother.

No women being beaten up, just punks. No jail terms being served, just overblown Cannabis suspensions. No litter of children born out of wedlock from 6 different women, just a list of fighters they've made call them, "daddy".

If you are saying the worst thing in the world for a FIGHTER to do is 1. Fight people outside of a cage when he is a fighter 2. Fight people inside of the cage when he is a fighter 3. Say fighting words to people he is going to fight 4. Stick up his middle finger........ I say anyone that thinks so is a little biatch. Those are all of the things that should be expected out of a fighter.

Do you know what things are NOT acceptable? Woman beating. Cocaine or Steroid abuse. Hit and Run. Driving while impaired. Cheaters.
There is a massive difference between being a thug and being a dishonorable person.
Nate is just a thug from the 209.
But, I guarantee you that if someone has to have your back, you want that person to be Nate Diaz - because he is real, whether you try to mock that idea or not.

"realist person", "keeps it real", etc

The latest stupid buzzwords excusing individuals for being ignorant idiots.

I don't think Diaz is an idiot. I think he was a little bitter about Conor coming in and "taking everything he worked for" which I think is promo talk. Also, when Conor was arguing with dos Anjos and Cerrone, he Tweeted out something like 'the two of them got punked' he was being smart keeping his name attached and before 189 saying he was fighting Conor, then deleting the Tweet. I think he's a lot more calculated than people give him credit for - and he probably knew there was a good chance of him and Conor fighting.

It just so happened that he played his hand well by getting as much money as he could out of the first fight. A lot of folk were anticipating a 'trash talk' extravaganza when the fight was announced, but for Diaz, he's never being a 'trash talker' outside of the cage, imo. It's inside when he does it.

If you have the verbal skills to attract people who don't watch MMA that often, you might as well use it. How many times at pre or post press conference have folk being left scratching their head when he talks. After the next fight, win, lose or draw, we'll see how far keeping it "real" gets him.

I understand a lot of fans that dislike Conor range from people who were Aldo fans to people who get bored of hearing him talk about money. Yet they forget he didn't pull out of 189 or 196, where a lot of fighters would have done a Woodley and sat out and waited for their title shot. When it's all said and done the talking means nothing and both of them go in to fight.

What a good person!

He said good, not perfect; you biased media fanboy puppet.

You seem so altruistic, bathing homeless ppls feet and fucking ugly ppl so they know someone out there cares...<3 superstar

Last edited:
There is a massive difference between being a thug and being a dishonorable person.

As has been said many times, the only thing dumber than a Diaz Bro is a Diaz Bro Fan.

By the way, Nate Diaz is not a thug from the 209. He is a FAKE THUG. How's that for being REAL?

Do you know what things are NOT acceptable? Driving while impaired. Cheaters.

You mean like Nick Diaz? Forget his DUI, did you?

Water loading to cheat the post fight drug testing, like Nick Diaz?

As has been said many times, the only thing dumber than a Diaz Bro is a Diaz Bro Fan.

By the way, Nate Diaz is not a thug from the 209. He is a FAKE THUG. How's that for being REAL?
9325080020.jpg

You mean like Nick Diaz? Forget his DUI, did you?

Water loading to cheat the post fight drug testing, like Nick Diaz?

I like that he tries to hide his Cannabis usage. I disagree with it being on the banned list.
You are right, though, as far as forgetting about the DUI.
I thought that was a marijuana charge, which I also disagree with for the same reason.

But instead it is a DUI charge for alcohol, which is lame. It said he was at 0.08, but if you're drinking and driving, that's not a good look.

However (and this is the important part) aside from being right about a DUI........how does that change anything at all about what I said in reply above?

Hilarious!

They are FAKE gangsters. That isn't "keepin' it REAL."

I'm not a much of a fan on either brother, but when do they pretend to gangsters? What gang do they claim?

I'm not a much of a fan on either brother, but when do they pretend to gangsters? What gang do they claim?

Maybe you should ask their fans, the ones that say stuff like, "Nick and Nate are some of the most gangster ass mofos on the planet."

Always liked Nate, ever since TUF. Good to see a Diaz Brother get the deserved love finally, even if some of it consisted of just some bandwagon hoppers / people who don't like Conor whatever. These guys are real fighters and it's good to see Nate shining now, too, and getting paid after that infamous 20/20k deal. For the longest time he was kind of in the dark, making peanuts, while Nick had the spotlight on him.

WAR DIAZ

They always bring it.

9325080020.jpg

I like that he tries to hide his Cannabis usage. I disagree with it being on the banned list.
You are right, though, as far as forgetting about the DUI.
I thought that was a marijuana charge, which I also disagree with for the same reason.

So you disagree with MJ DUIs because you don't think MJ should be on the banned list (the same reason)?

You're OK with someone diving around loaded, as long as it's from a bong and not from a pint glass?

Sounds like someone has been doing the wake and bake this morning.

When I first started watching MMA I thought Nick was a fucking punk and hated him, now he is like my second favorite fighter after Lawler.

Back