Nate Diaz is actually worse matchup for Conor than RDA

Not really. All RDA has to do is take him down easily just like he did to Pettis and what Mendes did to Conor, and pound the fuck out of his face and Conor will never get back up.

Nate Diaz beats the fuck out of Conor on the feet for this one, so we're going to see a stand up boxing fight compared to RDA laying and smashing for 5 rounds.

How nice. So I assume Cerrone and Michael Johnson are D level fighters.

Who are B and A level fighters in your book?

He beats Cerrone 4 years ago and Michael Johson is another C level fighter.
Not champion material,both

Nah. But I do think Nate is a harder match up than Cerrone.

If you really think that, then you must be pretty happy, nate is +275. bet it.

Nate won't fight on emotions anyway. Nate has his in-ring style and he sticks to it. He will fight the same fight, he will not over-engage to prove any point, like Aldo or Dustin.
Can't agree with this. I've seen Nate get frustrated numerous times when the fight is not going his way or a fighter doesn't fight the way he wants them to. RDA, Bendo, Thomson all had him fighting with emotion and over-committing. If he can keep Conor fighting his fight, he might stick with his gameplan. But I think that's unlikely being that Conor is a pretty unique striker. I'm not counting Nate out, but I'm definitely leaning toward Conor.

giphy.gif

I couldn't disagree more.

Weren't you one of the Conor noobs saying he has a stand up advantage over Rockhold lol I'm sure you don't like Conor bud.
BokaBokte just got exposed as a closeted Conor fangirl!

No...just no. I'm reading all your points but RDA, the current RDA, is a beast among men. His speed, power, explosiveness, wrestling, strength and cardio is a true nightmare for anyone. Conor is getting a considerably much easier fight (in comparison to RDA) at least on paper. Styles makes fights though....I am hoping Nate Diaz makes this a true war for the ages and I'll be rooting for Diaz on this one...

Nate is very good at using his height/reach advantage while boxing he only gets koed by kicks like josh Thomson ko'ed nate.

conor might know how to close the distance though he is a good boxer.

on the ground nate dominates he is a far better grappler than conor.

I'm guessing this fight won't hit the floor, nate also has good judo trips.

Reasons:

1. Nate won't fight on emotions anyway. Nate has his in-ring style and he sticks to it. He will fight the same fight, he will not over-engage to prove any point, like Aldo or Dustin.

2. Nate's style is not good enough for countering and movement. He engages, but not too quick. He's open, but so is McGregor.

3. Nate becomes bigger and bigger. He's now one of the biggest LWs. He also became physically stronger. That will give him advantage in standup and in wrestling (if the fight even goes there) - defensively and offensively.

4. Nate's weak sides are kickboxing and wrestling. I mentioned wrestling already, and regarding boxing - Conor doesn't really have low kicks, and his high kicks are flashy, but not really damaging.

P.S. The fight might go to distance.
The Diaz bros are known for fighting with emotion...........................................................................................................................

No its fact. You don't think RDA is a better fighter than Nate Diaz? Its not styles RDA is just better and would own Nate again..

"Its not style RDA is just better hurr durr"
Go feed some carrot to a bus.

Also, they fought a long while ago. RDA 2.0 would finish Diaz.

Don;t see any improvement or style change from there. 2 fights have passe since then.

I don't see a route to victory for Nate.

Without powerful wrestling I don't see Connor being as effective as Thompson or RDA were vs Diaz.
So as much as I agree with you about Diaz, I don't see any clearer route for McGregor tbo.

Maybe Diaz has a chance to get this fight to the ground in the championship rounds?
Maybe McGregor can find a way to close the distance without eating jabs??

He beats Cerrone 4 years ago and Michael Johson is another C level fighter.
Not champion material,both

Seriously, not that anybody cares much...but please stop catalogging fighters. This process is too complicated for your brain.

Back