Nate Diaz is a steal vs Dustin Poirier @ UFC 230

Styles make fights and I do think Nate can win this fight and maybe make it look easy.
Yea if Dustin wa going to grapple with him like an RDA I would think Diaz loses but in a straight striking match like this will be likely, he is in good shape

Dustin is fighting really well. Nate hasn't fought in two years, has lost over 1/3 of his fights, and just isn't that good of a fighter.

gty_513971508_80269252.jpg
20160305102414_GettyImages513969822.JPG
Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-UFC-1278204.jpg
diaz_vs_mcgregor_ufc202-3.jpg
nate-diaz-17.jpg
022616-UFC-Nate-Diaz-punches-Michael-Johnson-PI-.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

Shows how much the average Shertard casual like you knows. First of all Nate has more UFC fights on his record than practically anyone on the top 10.

2ndly Nate didnt get to cherry pick his opponents nor was he hand fed easy play it safe layup matchups that cater to his fighting style like 99% of UFC roster today.

He moved up young and stepped up to murderers who would have absolutely killed Conor and Khabib.

Id love to see OVERRATED hand fed Conor or Khabib fight prime Rory MacDonald and watch them leave octagon in stretcher.

Conor only looks good when fighting manlets one full weight class lower than his natural weight. And Khabib has only fought like 4 legitimate contenders. A majority of Khabibs fights were against never-heard-of-hims with no UFC record.

If Nate fought same lineup Khabib fought...he could easily be UNDEFEATED too but then he wouldn't be Nate Diaz.

People love Nate Diaz cause he just dont give a flux. Guy would fight a secret service agent in front of the white house.

View attachment 421197
View attachment 421199
View attachment 421201
View attachment 421203
View attachment 421205
View attachment 421207

Shows how much the average Shertard casual like you knows. First of all Nate has more UFC fights on his record than practically anyone on the top 10.

2ndly Nate didnt get to cherry pick his opponents nor was he hand fed easy play it safe layup matchups that cater to his fighting style like 99% of UFC roster today.

He moved up young and stepped up to murderers who would have absolutely killed Conor and Khabib.

Id love to see OVERRATED hand fed Conor or Khabib fight prime Rory MacDonald and watch them leave octagon in stretcher.

Conor only looks good when fighting manlets one full weight class lower than his natural weight. And Khabib has only fought like 4 legitimate contenders. A majority of Khabibs fights were against never-heard-of-hims with no UFC record.

If Nate fought same lineup Khabib fought...he could easily be UNDEFEATED too but then he wouldn't be Nate Diaz.

People love Nate Diaz cause he just dont give a flux. Guy would fight a secret service agent in front of the white house.

Man, you're underestimating Mcgregor. It's cool if you don't like his fan base or his out-of-the-cage attitude but, in the cage, the man is good. Good movement, great boxing and even his kicks or not bad for mma standards. Not only that but he's also a fighter (not of the level of Nate, sure). In their second fight he could just point-fight and win easily but he didn't. He had more than enough time to plan it and yet he got in and fought again, just more wisely and with a fight plan.
If you're not a troll then give credit where it's due.

Dustin is fighting really well. Nate hasn't fought in two years, has lost over 1/3 of his fights, and just isn't that good of a fighter.

Actually nate is a very good fighter against the right opponent

Nate and Nick don't defend well against leg kicks and takedowns

Anyone dumb enough to stand in the pocket and trade with them or roll on the ground is in for a rough night

Poirier has shown that he throws gameplans out the window and brawls regularly. He is a hothead and having nate slap him a couple of times will cause him to throw out a strategy that could win him the fight

Nate has better boxing, better cardio, a better chin and better bjj.

Poirier has the tools to win this fight but it will be a brawl and that's where he loses

I think Nate can outlast DP if this becomes a boxing match...but remember that DP has good wrestling and heavy hands and has improved his striking. Nate hasn't shown anything other than his old Nate style...that is why Conor was able to win a close rematch...Nate doesn't make any adjustments...he's the same ol Nate.

Poirier is knocking on the door of a titleshot. He’s playing this fight safe, he’s not gonna come out boxing against Nate, he’s gonna look to land legkicks and take Nate down when possible and keep him there.

Luckily for Nate even with a loss they’ll probably make Conor vs Nate 3 after Khabib most likely stomps Conor.

Idk man Dustin can just throw lefts and... run. He should have the accuracy and cardio to get it done for three rounds.

View attachment 421197
View attachment 421199
View attachment 421201
View attachment 421203
View attachment 421205
View attachment 421207

Nate is a decent gatekeeper. That's it.

I agree that Khabib is wildly overrated when you consider his actual accomplishments. It reminds me of the hype around Ngannou. Let's see what he can do against the elite guys, IF he can even stay healthy

Yep I am no fan of Nate but Poirier imo has a tendency to choke in big fights. He is a technical brawler and not as skilled as he is made out to be at the moment. Imo one the easiest fights in the Top10 for Diaz. But with easy I just mean winnable. After that long of a layoff and holes like his kicking game never resolved it might well be that Nate isnt in a position anymore to get a top10 win.

Well, poirier has had a couple of big fights back to back and won them both (rather impressively); nate on the other hand fought in his usual predictable style vs canner and lost. Prior to that, he lost in embarrassing fashion to dos anjos in a big fight, and henderson when he finally got a title shot.

Nate could win of course but i got a feeling about Dustin in this fight.

Nates chin may not be what it used to be. Interesting match up.

If I bet $10 on Nate and he wins, how much do I win?

Nate is so inconsistent and doesn’t have ko power, he also doesn’t do well with pressure strikers. I’ll stick with Dustin.

I hope Nate pulls out and gets replaced by Kevin Lee. Lee vs Poirer is more interesting for the division moving forward than Poirier vs Nate. Nate is guaranteed that third Conor fight no matter what.
Likely yes, Nate gets Conor 3. But not if he loses to Dustin.

Im ready. Nate outboxes Porier who is too proud to play a different game

Man, you're underestimating Mcgregor. It's cool if you don't like his fan base or his out-of-the-cage attitude but, in the cage, the man is good. Good movement, great boxing and even his kicks or not bad for mma standards. Not only that but he's also a fighter (not of the level of Nate, sure). In their second fight he could just point-fight and win easily but he didn't. He had more than enough time to plan it and yet he got in and fought again, just more wisely and with a fight plan.
If you're not a troll then give credit where it's due.

Never said he wasnt a great fighter but he is not at the level the UFC cog machine has led its mindless fanbase to believe.

Everyone he looked good against he had clear size and reach advantage.

Imagine what Nate Diazs record would be like if the UFC fed him from the beginning manlets with lessor reach handicap. Many great fighters get overlooked because they dont have "the look" or charisma that sells.

Im not disputing McGregor isnt a great fighter however he is not the god he is made out to be.

The only next level fighter who stands out from masses Ive seen is Jon Jones. Aside from JJ they're all so very close at this level. Styles make fights and not all fighters records are created equal.

View attachment 420935
Who’s ready to make some $$ on Nate?
I haven’t gambled on any sports since last NFL season ended but this fight is gonna make me come out of gambler’s retirement.
Absolutely zero reason for Dustin to be -210, other than Nate coming off a 2 year layoff.

Why are people hyping Dustin so much right now? Just because he TKO’d the two kings of CTE, Alvarez and Gaejthe?
Remind yourselves that Alvarez and Gaejthe beat whatever was left of each other’s chin before Dustin faced them.

Dustin got slept by the last solid boxer he faced in Michael Johnson. Plus Dustin will be at the height/reach disadvantage this time vs Nate.

Nate might take a round to warm up, but he will take over and dominate come round 2. Either a TKO win for Diaz or a clear cut 29-28 UD.

Great call. Also, Hunt a -270 favorite over Olyniek is potentially a good payday. Thoughts? You seem to know what you are talking about (unlike about 99% of people on here).

Back