Nate Diaz -Heart of the 209

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
diaz1.jpg

Nate Diaz said this would happen. He told us for years. The decade-long slog may not have been the way he drew it up, but even then, Diaz set the bait for his best catch in classic Diaz Brother fashion. Three fucks and one shit over 19 seconds on a live national primetime broadcast. A post-fight callout so profane that on-air censors punted the audio within seconds, leaving a live audience stunned and nearly three million at home wondering what the hell they just missed. You couldn’t script it any better. Afterward, in the bowels of the arena, Diaz said he only fought at UFC on FOX 17 to set up a fight with Conor McGregor. He worried that his message would be lost to the big long bleep, but his older brother Nick assured him that social media would carry the word, and of course Nick was right.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

Great article with interviews with Nate's opponent's. Check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun Al-Shatti is a beast when it comes to articles like this. Will read, tyty.

Nate is a legit star in the sport now, awesome to see after such a long road

Hell if you google Diaz now it pops up with Nate Diaz lol

Thanks for saving my day at work.

Really thoughtful article - hits all the right notes.

Hermes Franca (WEC 24): You know they'll always have their partners' backs. Remember when they brawled outside of the cage? I think it was at Jake Shields versus Toquinho (at WSOF 22), and they were fighting Khabib Nurmagomedov over there. I was in Russia last year and I was talking with Khabib, and you know Khabib was like, man, I hate them. I'm going to beat their ass. I hate Nate Diaz. They both are punks. I was just laughing.

Hahaha

I do love Nate (even though I'm picking Mac for the win) & I'm very happy to see him succeed & reach a well deserved super-stardom. If he does happen to win at 202 I will not be put off at all. I'll be happy for him.

diaz vs mcgregor rematch talk 2.jpg

Gotta love the 209 boyz!​

Great article -- worth reading, if you haven't yet. It reminds me of the old Hollywood saying, "It takes ten years to make an overnight success."

There are tons of great quotes from Nate's opponents (my favorite below). It speaks volumes that a guy that tapped to Nate's triangle as he flipped double birds has so much respect for him:

Kurt Pellegrino (UFC Fight Night 13):

"The best shit-talker in the game is Nate —€” and he don't even talk shit."

diaz1.jpg

Nate Diaz said this would happen. He told us for years. The decade-long slog may not have been the way he drew it up, but even then, Diaz set the bait for his best catch in classic Diaz Brother fashion. Three fucks and one shit over 19 seconds on a live national primetime broadcast. A post-fight callout so profane that on-air censors punted the audio within seconds, leaving a live audience stunned and nearly three million at home wondering what the hell they just missed. You couldn’t script it any better. Afterward, in the bowels of the arena, Diaz said he only fought at UFC on FOX 17 to set up a fight with Conor McGregor. He worried that his message would be lost to the big long bleep, but his older brother Nick assured him that social media would carry the word, and of course Nick was right.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/12/12424062/heart-of-the-209-ufc-202-nate-diaz

Great article with interviews with Nate's opponent's. Check it out.
Diaz is gonna absolutely body Conor McGregor.

Back