Nate Diaz "He’s an amateur. You’re going to put an amateur in there with pros?"

Call me crazy then because I don't think Weidman or Rockhold are getting or will get PPV shares.

They both already have & do.
Meltzer said all title holders do & most (if not all) challengers do.

Immediate rematches, Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Coerria, generic Reebok, CM Punk being signed yet telling Ben Askren to go to WSOF.

I asked ....
What exactly did Zuffa do to you?

You said "after all they done to fans" (or similar

I don't see how you are hurt by anything.

I know that none of the above affected me at all.
I don't have to agree with EVERY decision to watch/follow something.

I loved the Soprano's but year 5 & 6 had some clinker stories and actors.
I never once said "after everything David Chase done to me"

;)

It's a very weird feeling but I'm sitting here agreeing with a Diaz brother.

I asked ....

You said "after all they done to fans" (or similar

I don't see how you are hurt by anything.

I know that none of the above affected me at all.
I don't have to agree with EVERY decision to watch/follow something.

I loved the Soprano's but year 5 & 6 had some clinker stories and actors.
I never once said "after everything David Chase done to me"

;)

Those do impact the fans.

It was the fans who had to pay 65 bucks to watch Ronda and Bethe fight, Bethe is complete garbage and asking people to pay money for an event she headlined is ridiculous.

It's the fans who get to miss out on seeing Ben Askren fight in the UFC against the best guys, instead of signing a guy who could be a top ten Welterweight they sign a 0-0 amateur.

Dana for years says 'we give the fans the fights they wanna see' the fans didn't wanna see Werdum/Cain 2,it only got canceled because of circumstances outside of their control, we don't want Holm/Ronda 2, we don't want Rockhold/Weidman 2 but we're getting them.

So yes, the fans are getting screwed by Zuffa and the fighters are being screwed by Reebok.

Nate is actually right for once, probably the best thing he's ever said that actually makes sense and most can agree with.

Although there was that whole thing with Michael Jordan and baseball.
He never made it to the big leagues.. He was in the minors, which is where people are saying punk should of started out.... I for one dont care, as long as the fight is fun to watch..

I don't agree that it affects how the other fighters are perceived, it's an individual sport where each fight/card is judged on its own merit. Punk isn't stealing anyones spot, he's just bringing more numbers to an already existing event. No one is getting hurt except possibly CM punk

Well the term UFC-level means absolutely nothing now, so... it kind of does affect the fighters

It was the fans who had to pay 65 bucks to watch Ronda and Bethe fight, Bethe is complete garbage and asking people to pay money for an event she headlined is ridiculous.

It's the fans who get to miss out on seeing Ben Askren fight in the UFC against the best guys, instead of signing a guy who could be a top ten Welterweight they sign a 0-0 amateur.

Dana for years says 'we give the fans the fights they wanna see' the fans didn't wanna see Werdum/Cain 2,it only got canceled because of circumstances outside of their control, we don't want Holm/Ronda 2, we don't want Rockhold/Weidman 2 but we're getting them.

So yes, the fans are getting screwed by Zuffa and the fighters are being screwed by Reebok.

You are overly sensitive with "all Zuffa has done to me" stuff
You did not get hurt at all by Bethe/RR lol
Also plenty wanted to see RR/HH 2 & Rockhold/Weidman (but that is not the point).
Also your Askren scenario wasn't an either/or.
UFC has 500+ fighters and goes after fighters and keeps/releases for a myriad of reasons.
Some I agree with & like & some the exact opposite, that is life.
I barely liked any of the last years of Seinfeld - I never though Jerry was doing anything negatively towards me lol

Well the term UFC-level means absolutely nothing now, so... it kind of does affect the fighters

I am not slamming you, but how does it affect any fighter & in what way?
That is like saying when a non-actor gets a role on a TV show that all the other actors are looked at in a lesser vein - that is not true.
People understand Punk fighting is a spectacle the same way having Lady Gaga on a TV show is -- UFC hardly ever does them.

He's right and dead at "not even struves big ass"

Last edited:

Fans didn't HAVE to pay shit. That's how the market works. You can spend your money freely, and people CHOSE to buy that fight. You need to come to grips with the simple basics of the economy before you start ripping things you are completely ignorant about.

Actually I don't like the Diaz bros but they're totally right about this situation, imagine if that was happening in any major sports league?

Well no, seeing as there are varying levels of UFC fighter, and always has been, who does that term get used to, that it would matter or affect anything?

Fans didn't HAVE to pay shit. That's how the market works. You can spend your money freely, and people CHOSE to buy that fight. You need to come to grips with the simple basics of the economy before you start ripping things you are completely ignorant about.

Plus 600-700k buys proved it was a smart fight and that many wanted to see it!

It's like putting Bradley Cooper in a Delta unit for an insertion because he was so good in American Sniper.

It's like putting Bradley Cooper in a Delta unit for an insertion because he was so good in American Sniper.

It really isn't.
Not even close

But if after 18 months of intense training Cooper could do enough, they might give him a low-level test to see if he can cut it.
;)

I am not slamming you, but how does it affect any fighter & in what way?
That is like saying when a non-actor gets a role on a TV show that all the other actors are looked at in a lesser vein - that is not true.
People understand Punk fighting is a spectacle the same way having Lady Gaga on a TV show is -- UFC hardly ever does them.

It doesn't affect individual fighters, it affects the overall perception of the UFC and their fighters. UFC has 600+ fighters, even the hardcore fans have trouble keeping up with all of them. But we assume they're in the UFC, they must be good. Now people are seeing that's not the case. Being in the UFC doesn't mean much.

Anyone can act, depending on the role, the same is not true of fighting. I could play myself so well that my performance would be oscar-worthy.

It doesn't affect individual fighters, it affects the overall perception of the UFC and their fighters. UFC has 600+ fighters, even the hardcore fans have trouble keeping up with all of them. But we assume they're in the UFC, they must be good. Now people are seeing that's not the case. Being in the UFC doesn't mean much.

How does any of that hurt anything?
Plus saying "Being in the UFC doesn't mean much." because of ONE fighter is an insane over-exaggeration.

Anyone can act, depending on the role, the same is not true of fighting. I could play myself so well that my performance would be oscar-worthy.

Yeah, that is not true at all lol

Back