nate diaz has no way to win

No power?? You seen his fights with Gomi and Maynard?? He's got over 50% of his wins by submission, so he's got more than a few ways to win.
You have over 50k messages on this site. You must be a pro with a massive amount of free time. Wow

people don't understand, this is Nate 2.0. He came off his layoff a different fighter. His physique was more muscular and his boxing sharper. Add to that no major weight cut and you have a Nate we haven't seen before. Years ago he completely tooled a legit Marcus Davis at WW. And now he's fighting a FW. Conor's in over his head.
And like Conor, Marcus was also an Irish (by heritage) southpaw, and a slick, hard hitting boxer.

And like that fight, I think Conor (coming off a full camp) will find his range first and sit Diaz down once or twice early. But if Diaz can weather the storm then it's a 5 round war we're in for, and a Diaz usually wins those.

Wow... No ways to win? Watch some MMA, unpredictable things happens sometimes, although I would not call it that if Nate pull of a win.

I think it depends on how in shape Nate is, he will have a 3-day training camp according to himself, McGregor is in better shape of course.

Nate has a lots of ways to win, I would really like him to take it to the ground and use his ground game, but I don't think that will happen.

He can also use his reach and volume punches.

I would give the slight edge to Nate if both are in shape, having the fight at 170 can give the edge to either guy, coming fight day we will now.

nate has a dirty clinch and just needs to trip Conor and then go for the sub.
He will probably keep it standing tho

You have over 50k messages on this site. You must be a pro with a massive amount of free time. Wow
Diaz dosent have one punch ko power, poor takedowns. Hes dangerous for wrestlers because his guard. Tailor made for notorious

And like Conor, Marcus was also an Irish (by heritage) southpaw, and a slick, hard hitting boxer.

And like that fight, I think Conor (coming off a full camp) will find his range first and sit Diaz down once or twice early. But if Diaz can weather the storm then it's a 5 round war we're in for, and a Diaz usually wins those.

Oh, c'mon. This is getting ridiculous. People are talking about Nate's chances as if he's been training for this fight for months. The guy has probably just been rolling in the gym and not sparring hard at all. He said he'll have a 3-day camp to prepare. He's never taken a fight on short notice like this before. You really think he's gonna be in fight shape to go 5 hard rounds? I see delusional people on here talking like the Diaz brothers are some sort of super cardio-machines. "they train for triathons when not fighting" and shit like that. If that was the case, why would they ever need fight camps at all?

That dude is here for almost 11 years... this is a place for discussions so yeah you'd expect people posting....

The only dumb thing here is your OP and your responses. Childish and straight up retarded trolling.

Nate isn't gonna do much to get ready for this fight. Hes not taking chance to lose that kind of money by injury. Probably gameplaning is all

Oh, c'mon. This is getting ridiculous. People are talking about Nate's chances as if he's been training for this fight for months. The guy has probably just been rolling in the gym and not sparring hard at all. He said he'll have a 3-day camp to prepare. He's never taken a fight on short notice like this before. You really think he's gonna be in fight shape to go 5 hard rounds? I see delusional people on here talking like the Diaz brothers are some sort of super cardio-machines. "they train for triathons when not fighting" and shit like that. If that was the case, why would they ever need fight camps at all?

If you google Nate Diaz triathlon you get links about Nick.
The latest one is from 2015 about how Nicks triathlon bike got stolen.
The first legit (?) article about Nick and triathlon is from 2011 and some c/p from it..

"Because MMA sites all pretty much copy each other anyway, MMAFighting, Cagewriter and MMAMania all reported that Nick Diaz was a competitor this year at the 2011 Donner Lake Triathlon, finishing 36th out of 292."
Nick Diaz is currently ranked 831st in the USA national triathlon

People understand that this time we get "fill-in Nate", with an lack of preparation.

Nate is taking a huge risk by agreeing to fight someone as good as Conor with absolutely no training camp.

Camps are important my friend ! It is all about fine-tuning conditioning & tactics, as well as building the muscle memory to react to the specific tendencies of your opponent. So Nate will likely be at a much worse all-around sharper since has not been training for a fight of some sort.
Why do you assume to know what kind of physical shape he is in? You have no idea.

His conditioning is a concern, I agree with that, but I have no idea what a 1 week camp Nate will look like and I can only go by what we've seen from him in every other fight. The only time we've seen him out of shape was the rda fight due to a camp injury and he got tooled, but he still lasted 5 rounds and rda is also a punishing wrestler.

Style-wise, Conor is the kind of guy Nate likes to fight. He won't have to chase him around and force him to fight like Thompson, and he doesn't want to go to the ground with Diaz. If Conor is smart he'll make him do that (chase him) actually, but I think Conor will keep the pressure on.

Also, one of the things people rarely mention about the "Diaz cardio" is a huge part of that legendary ability to pour it on in later rounds is the fact that they fight relaxed, they don't get rattled, and they throw economic half power punches most of the time. I'm pretty confident Diaz can go 5 rounds because of his style. If they hit the ground Diaz can roll for literally hours, anytime, without getting too tired, camp or no camp.

If you google Nate Diaz triathlon you get links about Nick.
The latest one is from 2015 about how Nicks triathlon bike got stolen.
The first legit (?) article about Nick and triathlon is from 2011 and some c/p from it..

"Because MMA sites all pretty much copy each other anyway, MMAFighting, Cagewriter and MMAMania all reported that Nick Diaz was a competitor this year at the 2011 Donner Lake Triathlon, finishing 36th out of 292."
Nick Diaz is currently ranked 831st in the USA national triathlon

I knew Nick had but people blow that out of proportion too. As if they're training hard and staying in peak condition year around. No one can keep up that kind of pace. That's what fight camps are for. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Conor was closer to the mark when he sarcastically said Nate's probably been teaching bjj to kids than some people on here who think he's going to step in on 10 days and look like he did against Michael Johnson.

I knew Nick had but people blow that out of proportion too. As if they're training hard and staying in peak condition year around. No one can keep up that kind of pace. That's what fight camps are for. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Conor was closer to the mark when he sarcastically said Nate's probably been teaching bjj to kids than some people on here who think he's going to step in on 10 days and look like he did against Michael Johnson.

I dont believe Nates gas tank will be on point.
Its the first that goes when you are off training.
And if you are not in a camp why train cardio like a mad man?
Nate has good cardio of camp and prob better than the average. But good enough for a 5 rounder in the cage?
No.

His conditioning is a concern, I agree with that, but I have no idea what a 1 week camp Nate will look like and I can only go by what we've seen from him in every other fight. The only time we've seen him out of shape was the rda fight due to a camp injury and he got tooled, but he still lasted 5 rounds and rda is also a punishing wrestler.

Style-wise, Conor is the kind of guy Nate likes to fight. He won't have to chase him around and force him to fight like Thompson, and he doesn't want to go to the ground with Diaz. If Conor is smart he'll make him do that (chase him) actually, but I think Conor will keep the pressure on.

Also, one of the things people rarely mention about the "Diaz cardio" is a huge part of that legendary ability to pour it on in later rounds is the fact that they fight relaxed, they don't get rattled, and they throw economic half power punches most of the time. I'm pretty confident Diaz can go 5 rounds because of his style. If they hit the ground Diaz can roll for literally hours, anytime, without getting too tired, camp or no camp.

I agree with this post. I'm just saying people are discussing his chances to win based on the Nate they saw against Michael Johnson. I just think that's way too much to hope for. I seriously believe Conor and the UFC picked Nate over Cerrone because they assume he hasn't been training hard and it's a big name to pad Conor's record.

Nate diaz is a wall built specifically to not be knocked out. Connor will have to beat him down which he can't or submit him which we are not sure he knows how or even will try. Consequently Diaz will elbow, jab and mock.

Connor will have to adapt the question is can he. I m not sure he can go 5 rounds, while Diaz brothers love 5 rounds.

Thats Diaz with a camp. I dont think Nate has the tank for 5 roounder with a 10days camp.
I just dont.
But I will be happy if Nate proves me wrong.

This is MMA

If matt serra can beat GSP then of course nate diaz can beat conor

All it takes is one punch or one takedown

Nobody is unbeatable in MMA, certainly not Conor who has poor wrestling and grappling

Eventually someone will expose his weaknesses or land a huge punch, will it be nate no probably not but saying he has no chance is ludicrous

Thats Diaz with a camp. I dont think Nate has the tank for 5 roounder with a 10days camp.
I just dont.
But I will be happy if Nate proves me wrong.

100% I'm not a Conor fanboy or hater but I'd love to see Nate pull the upset. It's hard to beat a good underdog story. Just seeing the expression on Dana's face if the UFC's golden child loses would be priceless.

100% I'm not a Conor fanboy or hater but I'd love to see Nate pull the upset. It's hard to beat a good underdog story.

Well I just want to see the world (Sherdog) burn...
So I am rooting for Nate.

Thoughts, none induced by this lame ass thread other than you're an idiot.

I agree with this post. I'm just saying people are discussing his chances to win based on the Nate they saw against Michael Johnson. I just think that's way too much to hope for. I seriously believe Conor and the UFC picked Nate over Cerrone because they assume he hasn't been training hard and it's a big name to pad Conor's record.
I can't argue with that, and I'm guilty of hoping that MJ-fight-Diaz will miraculously show up. Not because I'm rooting for him but because a Diaz war with Conor would be epic.

I'll just say this for those who are, like me, hoping for the best fight possible. I've known fighters who get a last minute fight, put the pedal to the metal for a week or so up through Tuesday morning, and come out and look great in their fight on Saturday. Sometimes training camp is so brutal those guys who fight every other month can actually benefit from a rushed camp, especially if they aren't grinding wrestler types or hyper aggressive power hitters. With no weight cut and if he's been training at least fairly hard on and off the last month, I believe a guy with Nate's credentials can pull off a good showing for 5 rounds against someone who's not going to be shooting doubles all night. We'll see.

Back